Texas

king

You can't fit a square peg in a round hole. That might explain why Heard supposedly looked worse than Swoopes. He definitely did not fit what offensive plan the Horns had last season..whatever that was. How good of a qb was Vince at Texas before Mack realized he had to turn him loose and do his thing? Heard will be just fine.

Oh well, so much for the #WRTS bull. Charlie was already a better coach than Sumlin, now he's getting better players. I wonder what he'll do after he wins 10 games or more? Mack signed the #2 class after a sub-par season though. I think this goes to show that through it all Texas will always be Texas. Very few elite players dream about being Aggies in Texas, Sumlin has done a great job getting kids to come live in a cow pasture but how long can it last? The kids that play in the Big 12 get to play against their friends and in some cases former teammates as well as their families. I think they're starting to realize that means more than playing in the SEC just to have the opportunity to lose 59-0 to 'Bama, especially to their parents. While A&M is putting in barber shops to entice recruits, Charlie is showing them his BCS rings and pointing to walls that accommodate national titles, all-pros and NFL hall of famers.

Oh well, so much for the #WRTS bull. Charlie was already a better coach than Sumlin, now he's getting better players. I wonder what he'll do after he wins 10 games or more? Mack signed the #2 class after a sub-par season though. I think this goes to show that through it all Texas will always be Texas. Very few elite players dream about being Aggies in Texas, Sumlin has done a great job getting kids to come live in a cow pasture but how long can it last? The kids that play in the Big 12 get to play against their friends and in some cases former teammates as well as their families. I think they're starting to realize that means more than playing in the SEC just to have the opportunity to lose 59-0 to 'Bama, especially to their parents. While A&M is putting in barber shops to entice recruits, Charlie is showing them his BCS rings and pointing to walls that accommodate national titles, all-pros and NFL hall of famers.

Please explain how Charlie is considered a better coach than Sumlin?

The Aggies top CB recruit
2014: Had a huge senior season with over 5,550 yards of total offense and more than 70 passing and rushing touchdowns ... completed 235-of-371 passes for 4,333 passing yards and 50 touchdowns
against just two pickoffs ... also rushed for 1,318 yards and 22 touchdowns.

Longhorns top QB recruit

The Greyhounds standout ran for 1,050 yards and 17 touchdowns and passed for 915 yards and five touchdowns in 2014.

Sorry but Texas fans can sing the praises of coach Strong - but until he puts up better than a 6-7 (at Texas) record it is like whistling in the wind - means nothing.

That said - congrats to Texas on a good recruiting year.

Let's not jump the gun. Personally, I believe Strong is a much better coach. But Sunlin is great in his own right. Texas has to prove things to people and while this signing class is a big step in the right direction, it doesn't prove anything. Just be patient and time will prove all.

The Aggies top CB recruit
2014: Had a huge senior season with over 5,550 yards of total offense and more than 70 passing and rushing touchdowns ... completed 235-of-371 passes for 4,333 passing yards and 50 touchdowns
against just two pickoffs ... also rushed for 1,318 yards and 22 touchdowns.
Longhorns top QB recruit
The Greyhounds standout ran for 1,050 yards and 17 touchdowns and passed for 915 yards and five touchdowns in 2014.

One of them will play college football, one of them will not.

Coog_02 put down the pipe, you're in denial...

Script was flipped when the Aggies fled the Big12...Texas will never have a bad recruiting class, but you should prepare yourself for another 6 win season

The problem with Texas is this mentality:        Texas > Big12

Whereas A&M's mentality (along with all other SEC schools) is this:          SEC > A&M

Fact is on recruiting for 2015 - both teams appear to have gotten a lot of help that they both will need to become top tier programs again.

The final decision may well be split decision as of right now Texas is reported to have the better class on Scout and 247Sports - and the Aggie's on Rivals.  Strong and Sumlin appear to have ended the process with a bang - great for both teams.

But I keep hearing that Strong is a much better coach than Sumlin as well as others (Stoops) but can anyone really say that when he is 43-23 most of the wins is a sub-par AAC/Big East that has several easy wins in conference play - and remember I have stated that I think that Strong will be good for Texas - but by and large the jury is still out.  I  think the Big 12 will be a much harder challenge than the AAC/Big East was.

But Strong appears to have done his best work at Texas this year during the recruiting process - My only wonder is why he was not able to lure a top tier QB recruit or transfer into the fold - might be a problem for Texas in 2016 if the QB position still is an issue.

You do make one good point that also begs the question - did the recruits come to Texas due to Strong on the Texas reputation.  I knew Texas would get its fair share of recruits just due to the allure of the Longhorn fame - but whether you like to admit it or not over the last few year Texas has not gotten all the good recruits like it used too.  The gap has narrowed greatly and A&M, Baylor and TCU (and others) are in fact getting recruits that they would not have had a chance at 5 years ago - that is likely not going to change.