Past Due Time To Name/ReName A Bmt FB Stadium

Well, It's not confirmed that Dr.Thomas did anything... He was here... The district thrived... FBI came in... And nothing... He retired and that was it. I don't think it happened on his watch...

But it IS proven that it started on his watch.....he should of had policies that prevented these things......

Here is the proof:

We have PROOF it started on August 23, 2010

We don't have proof it didn't start earlier.

8-32dd0174f2.jpg

End of Dr. Thomas' tenure and the beginning of Chagois tenure is one in the same, would you not agree?

Didn't Thomas retire about middle of 2012.  That would be 2 years prior to announcing plans to retire.  If that is correct, $1,739,506 came under Thomas. I would not call that the beginning of Chagois tender......and I bet if you ask Chagois, he would not want any part of it either......lol 

I will say this as a person who does not live in Beaumont...I couldn't care less if they put his face on the 50 yard line...but the name Dr. Thomas does have a negative connotation in the area...whether he was involved with anything or not...I personally feel he was but I'm not going to make a big fuss about whatever they do because, like I said, I don't live there...although I would be in favor of Levias Stadium I they did decide to change it

The time for argument on this was before the naming of the stadium.  What is done is done.  I wasn't in favor of naming it after Dr. Thomas, either (I would have liked Willie Ray Smith Stadium, but then again playing at the "Willie" might be offensive to some).

However, at this time, the board of managers have larger issues to tackle. Absent Dr. Thomas being convicted on the alleged actions or a corporate sponsor stepping in and putting its name on the stadium, Beaumont ISD schools will have "The Butch" as their home venue.

Could BISD sell naming rights to the stadium? AT&T just paid Jethro 500 Million to put their name on his stadium. I know that the Butch is no Jerry World, but it is a fine facility sitting on Interstate 10. Seems like a good idea for a cash-strapped district. Just a thought...

I agree. It's time to move forward and give the stadium a name that all of BISD can be proud of, that doesn't have so many mixed emotions attached to it. How about.....are you ready for it......BISD Stadium! No? How about Spindletop Stadium? It's better than 'Tha Butch', or 'Jock Strap Stadium'(Athletic Support Center) as I've heard it referred to as. Your thoughts?