DCTF 22-5A Predictions

Vidor will make the playoffs.

​I would like to see Vidor make the playoffs.. IMO... Vidor is always one of the hardest effort teams in the district... They never lose a game due to lack of effort, or IMO coaching.  Mostly lack of athletes. Mathews does alot with a little year in year out. That goes a long way in my book. Rag on the offense all you want, but its the best offense to run when you are not loaded qith talent....

Vidor really stuck it to Crosby last time. It was great the way they talked smack before the game and then got the smack layers down on them.

It was Vidor's first and only bi-district win in several decades and now it looks even better seeing as how it's Crosby's only bi-district loss the last 7 years. I guess that's why the win sticks out so much, nobody else has one to talk about. When people still talk about a first round win against a young 6-4 team 4 years later that's the ultimate sign of respect. It was a blessing in disguise though, it helped Westbrook get Flannigan and us get Riordan. Since then Westbrook is below .500 and Crosby is 31-8 those 3 seasons. The box score from that fateful night. 

This is the hidden content, please

Edited by coog02

Interesting? Lumberton and Vidor bring back the most starters in the district with 16 and 17 respectively while Ned and Central bring back the fewest with 7 and 9. Never know how accurate DC's stats are though. PNG picked to win it. 

​Vidor will make the playoffs. 

Vidor really stuck it to Crosby last time. It was great the way they talked smack before the game and then got the smack layers down on them.

​Even though Vidor was up by 52-33 ( I believe it was ). Crosby tried like hell to get in the endzne their last couple of drives just to ease the pain. Crosbys QB was running for his life the entire time and still  couldnt find paydirt even after a few 4th down attempts

Edited by El Guapo

​Even though Vidor was up by 52-33 ( I believe it was ). Crosby tried like hell to get in the endzne their last couple of drives just to ease the pain. Crosbys QB was running for his life the entire time and still  couldnt find paydirt even after a few 4th down attempts

​Lol, Vidor was up 28-20 and scored twice late in the third to make the final score 42-20. Aston rushed for 144 yards and was never running for his life, Austin ran for like 130 yards and 2tds on just 12 carries. During the third quarter Crosby had probably already racked up 400 yards of total offense to Vidor's 250 maybe, we just turned the ball over like a young team tends to do and Flannigan didn't make the DC adjust to Vidor's 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. I think it took Vidor about 70 carries to get their 300 total yards while Crosby had nearly 300 rushing yards alone on just 30 carries. Since that night Crosby is averaging over 10 wins per season and Vidor is below .500.

Like I said, it's the best playoff loss in Crosby football history. It got us somebody who's won a state championship already and maximizes the abilities of his current team. Sulphur Springs hasn't been the same since he left if you go look at their record. Hard for me to feel bad about a first round L when that L got us to the semi-finals last year with a 30-something coach.

Edited by coog02

2015 Predictions:

Preseason Offensive MVP - Devwah Whaley, RB Beaumont Central

Preseason Defensive MVP - Trey Rembert, LB Port-Neches Groves

1. PNG(7/6)

2. Nederland(4/3)

3. Beaumont Central(4/5)

4. Beaumont Ozen(7/7)

5. Goose Creek Memorial(5/7)

6. Vidor(9/8)

7. Lumberton(8/8)

8. Baytown Lee(4/5)

*Quick Take: We're not into stock tips, but you might want to buy Port Neches-Groves. Nederland is not far behind though. A bounce back year from Ozen could turn the district upside down. 

*No preseason statewide district honors. 

Edited by coog02

2015 Predictions:

Preseason Offensive MVP - Devwah Whaley, RB Beaumont Central

Preseason Defensive MVP - Trey Rembert, LB Port-Neches Groves

1. PNG(7/6)

2. Nederland(4/3)

3. Beaumont Central(4/5)

4. Beaumont Ozen(7/7)

5. Goose Creek Memorial(5/7)

6. Vidor(9/8)

7. Lumberton(8/8)

8. Baytown Lee(4/5)

*Quick Take: We're not into stock tips, but you might want to buy Port Neches-Groves. Nederland is not far behind though. A bounce back year from Ozen could turn the district upside down. 

*No preseason statewide district honors. 

​I agree except I think Nederland and Central will swap places...I think the Pirates are too low as well, but I don't know where they fit it...

Edited by Big Ford

​4th. I bet Ozen loses to someone they shouldn't like Ned vs GCM last year. 

​I doubt anyone from 5 thru 8 will beat Ozen. After 3 years of turmoil in the program the current 14 starters under Suggs are in the middle of their first full off season since they have been in high school. The only way I see them missing the playoffs is if Ozen like a lot of schools without big numbers suffer key injuries doing the season. As always its how well they come out of their annual brutal preseason. We will see.

​I doubt anyone from 5 thru 8 will beat Ozen. After 3 years of turmoil in the program the current 14 starters under Suggs are in the middle of their first full off season since they have been in high school. The only way I see them missing the playoffs is if Ozen like a lot of schools without big numbers suffer key injuries doing the season. As always its how well they come out of their annual brutal preseason. We will see.

​well they have Suggs partner in crime there now, will be interesting to see how that works. 

I am just hoping GCM uses their size if they even still have any on their lines. Too many times I seen the defense lined up with small guys on the D-Line trying to stop a running team. With alot of size sitting on the sideline. If Qb cuts down on the # of dumb INT's thrown and fumbles we will be ok.

​GCM will have a new Defensive Coordinator this year. Coach Rogers retired.

Not sure if they have hired or promoted his replacement.

Breaking News...... New cooler talk is that Neumann has been sighted in the WOS fieldhouse. Channel 1 reporter Gita Clew has reported that the fieldhouse was bugged last night and from all reports, the conversation between Neumann and Cornell was based upon a high subject. Local experts have listened to the recordings and along with the lip reading videos have sufficient evidence to report worldwide. At this time the press is not releasing a statement from Neumann or Thompson, however channel 1 reporter Gita Clew states from the documents she has read, and the lip reading forensic evidence, it appears that Neumann has bought the proper paperwork to keep Sage Seay from leaving the school and is in current negotiations with the State senate to reinstate him as the QB at Nederland for the 2015 season. 

Breaking News...... New cooler talk is that Neumann has been sighted in the WOS fieldhouse. Channel 1 reporter Gita Clew has reported that the fieldhouse was bugged last night and from all reports, the conversation between Neumann and Cornell was based upon a high subject. Local experts have listened to the recordings and along with the lip reading videos have sufficient evidence to report worldwide. At this time the press is not releasing a statement from Neumann or Thompson, however channel 1 reporter Gita Clew states from the documents she has read, and the lip reading forensic evidence, it appears that Neumann has bought the proper paperwork to keep Sage Seay from leaving the school and is in current negotiations with the State senate to reinstate him as the QB at Nederland for the 2015 season. 

​Lol, keep up the hope I guess, but Sage didn't play in all 5 games in a row that we beat you. :)