District 12-3A D1 Predictions

I will just say, yes. Nobody wants to hear about it. The front end of the group is entering 6th grade this year, so we're still a few years out. There was a group in Hardin many years ago with similar talent, but nothing like what's coming.

I will say this...I think that Hardin is going a good direction. Nice field, I heard Hardin is building a new school, relatively new facilities... Definitely gonna be the place people want their kids going to school in the immediate area in the future. I think a big nice gym would seal that fate for them.

However...there are so many other things that go into play on that level (state champ).

They have a long way to go other than having an exceptional group of athletes. I think every year on 1 classification or another the most talented team does not win the state championship.

Just one example.. Hardin will simply get out coached by a team with similar ability. Reason being...there isn't a team in the whole area willing to pay for a "top tier" coach. Or..bring in enough coaches to get the job done.

How many football coaches does Hardin have?

I will say this...I think that Hardin is going a good direction. Nice field, I heard Hardin is building a new school, relatively new facilities... Definitely gonna be the place people want their kids going to school in the immediate area in the future. I think a big nice gym would seal that fate for them.
However...there are so many other things that go into play on that level (state champ).
They have a long way to go other than having an exceptional group of athletes. I think every year on 1 classification or another the most talented team does not win the state championship.
Just one example.. Hardin will simply get out coached by a team with similar ability. Reason being...there isn't a team in the whole area willing to pay for a "top tier" coach. Or..bring in enough coaches to get the job done.
How many football coaches does Hardin have?

Eight. I do believe they're looking at replacing one that left for Baytown Lee.

Eight. I do believe they're looking at replacing one that left for Baytown Lee.

See that's what I mean. A team with 12 coaches and similar talent beats Hardin 10 out of 10 times.

8 coaches...and the 1st hour after school are split between JH, JV, and varsity. Which means none of them are getting coached like they should. Which hurts down the road.

Plus...what are those coaches teaching? There are schools in the state where if not every then almost every football coach on staff does PE, health, SpED, or some other cake schedule. Hardin can't beat a team that has more coaches, and every coach just has to worry about football all day. Not grading, lesson plans, dress code, etc..

For Kountze it will all be about staying healthy in some very key positions, it will be about depth on the O-line and D-line, it will be about conditioning! if Kountze can keep its intensity in the 4th quarter??? Kountze will be hard to beat. Grayland Arnold will not allow a defense to key on the run or the pass. To beat him;  a defense will have to transition mid play in order to cover both possibilities. With exspolsive speed on the outside in the reciever positions, and Jace Waren, "in the O-backfield", who will flat smoke your tail (extremely strong and phsyical), lets just say Koutze offense will be a handful! Defensive side of the ball...they come hard, fast and physically punish recievers and backs. Big tackles and exspolsive strong nose, fast skilled defensive backfield could make opponet's offense endure a long taxing night of gridiron action. That all being said Kountze will challenge for the district title...should finish no less than in the three hole...lot of respect for programs in this district.  As far as our Coach...yall get on here tomorrow and give Coach Joub a hearty CONGRATS...with his personal experience and the help of two fine coaches like Hairgrove and Harper...he will be just fine! Kountze Athletics will continue to move forward on every front and when the smoke settles at the end of the 2014-15 school year, heads will be held high, expectations will have been met and the future will be bright! GO LION NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is how I think it goes:

1) Kountze (gotta go with home team but gonna be a fight)
Kirbyville
Buna
4) EC
5) Hardin
Anahuac
6) Warren
Woodville

Don't even want to make this solid of a prediction, this district is gonna be tough and well matched, even the guys in the lower half are not gonna quit...so a team is gonna have to play four quarters.

Kirbyville
Buna
4) EC
5) Hardin
Anahuac
6) Warren
Woodville

Don't even want to make this solid of a prediction, this district is gonna be tough and well matched, even the guys in the lower half are not gonna quit...so a team is gonna have to play four quarters.

Hey don't you know Kountze will not win this district!! Lol

I will agree with you, IITB

Hardin will not lay down to anyone this year. We will be very physical and skilled up front, with the O-line leading the way. I see a middle of the pack, 6-4 season.

Rumor has it - no playoff appearance =well, you can figure it out

These boys has what it takes to get the job done.

Go Hornets / Lions ( only because you guys have our ole' bud Joub )

I will agree with you, IITB

Hardin will not lay down to anyone this year. We will be very physical and skilled up front, with the O-line leading the way. I see a middle of the pack, 6-4 season.
Rumor has it - no playoff appearance =well, you can figure it out

These boys has what it takes to get the job done.

Go Hornets / Lions ( only because you guys have our ole' bud Joub )

Good luck to y'all this year! Two a days are just about here!

Kirbyville
Buna
4) EC
5) Hardin
Anahuac
6) Warren
Woodville

Kmsl...

Woodville will definately compete this year and will not come in last place. I hear they have over 100 kids out for football..

Actually had them competing for the 6 hole...I prefer the glass half full...I'm just think u gotta give Warren their due since they beat Woodville twice in a row? No disrespect intended, actually hope Woodvilles program returns to some success.

Woodville will definately compete this year and will not come in last place. I hear they have over 100 kids out for football..

Well the freshman class added about 45 lol but the key is that they're a talented group. And big. And the group below them is even more talented. And bigger lol we will compete better this year. Remember...we're only two years removed from an a very good 2012 squad :)