Silsbee vs College Station

Why is it absurd that he took a shot at Kountze? You and your girlfriend utfan do it all the time. What's absurd is the fact that you didn't use any punctuation in your statement.

because I dont feel the need to waste time to put a comma, period, or capitalize a word. I happen to be a literature major. You always take shots at kountze because whoever you cheer on happens to either be terrible or you have some personal vendetta against the kountze team.

Remember Silsbee has the edge on experience having been to the state tourney last year. If Silsbee beats CS, please feel free to login, because I am sure there will be some crow served.

No ties to College Station here, but feel they are just better team.   If College Station beats Silsbee, please feel free to logout.  Just playing.   Should be a great game, just personally feel College Station is a far better program.   They would be competing for state in 4A or 5A this year.    

No ties to College Station here, but feel they are just better team. If College Station beats Silsbee, please feel free to logout. Just playing. Should be a great game, just personally feel College Station is a far better program. They would be competing for state in 4A or 5A this year.

Most talented and best "team" aren't always the same thing....

Most talented and best "team" aren't always the same thing....

I agree with you, but I never said anything about one of them be the "most talented".   I just feel like CS is the better team.   I understand why y'all are on saying Silsbee will win.   If Navasota was in the game I would be saying the same things.  Its great to support your team and I expect nothing less than that from everyone.  If these teams played 10 games, CS would win 8 of them.   Hopefully for yall, this game will be one of the 2 Silsbee would win.   Good Luck and any info and game day and time yet?

No ties to College Station here, but feel they are just better team.   If College Station beats Silsbee, please feel free to logout.  Just playing.   Should be a great game, just personally feel College Station is a far better program.   They would be competing for state in 4A or 5A this year.    

No ties, come on every time some team around here makes the playoffs in 3A, we start hearing from the likes of Navasota coming around telling us here in SETX that we dont have what it takes to compete with you guys out west or north. Please tell us how you have come to the conclusion that CS has a better program than Silsbee? Curious!

No ties, come on every time some team around here makes the playoffs in 3A, we start hearing from the likes of Navasota coming around telling us here in SETX that we dont have what it takes to compete with you guys out west or north. Please tell us how you have come to the conclusion that CS has a better program than Silsbee? Curious!

Its my opinion, thats why it said "just personally feel College Station is a far better program."   Some things that make me feel this way:

• twelve baseball program
  • larger area to pull kids from
  • multiple D1 scholarships
  • # 1 ranking in state
  • tougher schedule

I'm not saying Silsbee can't win, anything is possible.   One great pitching effort can shut down any team.   As for your Navasota comment, I'll just leave that alone.  I'm actually born and raised in SETX, from Dayton.   I don't feel they are better because of where they are from.  

Its my opinion, thats why it said "just personally feel College Station is a far better program." Some things that make me feel this way:

• twelve baseball program
  • larger area to pull kids from
  • multiple D1 scholarships
  • # 1 ranking in state
  • tougher schedule
I'm not saying Silsbee can't win, anything is possible. One great pitching effort can shut down any team. As for your Navasota comment, I'll just leave that alone. I'm actually born and raised in SETX, from Dayton. I don't feel they are better because of where they are from.

Please stop using logic to talk about playoff games. I did it last week with Huffman vs College Station and the same was told to me. I see CS winning this game as well, but Silsbee has been playing great ball heading into and in the playoffs, as you have also noted, and could win this game, as you have also noted, but IMO CS will win for many of the reasons you have stated. I also have no ties to CS we are from Brenham.

Team Scoring Averages

Season Averages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R H E

College Station 1.3 .7 1.3 1.4 1.1 2.2 .8 8.3 11.2 .2
Silsbee 2.2 .5 2.5 2.2 .9 .9 2.7 6.9 9.2 1.3

This indicates a much closer game than expected.

Sorry for the format. Tried to change a few times.

Strength of schedule should be taken into account.

Strength of schedule should be taken into account.

I would have to say Silsbee has had the tougher strength of schedule, in the playoffs. Having faced a right handed pitcher hitting 102 mph and some wicked off speed junk, that is a potential first pick in the draft, and winning in one game. Facing the #4 ranked team and a left handed pitcher hitting 90 or so on the gun, a potential first round pick,  and winning in two games. Sending the #21 ranked team home in two games, Then winning two of three from the #9 ranked team. Yeah, I would say the Silsbee Tigers have been tried and tested in these playoffs, Now, I know for a fact we have seen better pitchers in the playoffs, and probably just as good a defenses. So, go ahead and throw that #1 ranking at us, and that twelve step baseball program, and that crap about a bigger area to get better players from. This is the Silsbee Tigers, we don't run from numbers, we just play ball. So what does all this get you at the end of the day, not a thing. You still gotta play the game to win, and we show up to play the game. Safe travels to all. Go Tigers!!!     

I would have to say Silsbee has had the tougher strength of schedule, in the playoffs. Having faced a right handed pitcher hitting 102 mph and some wicked off speed junk, that is a potential first pick in the draft, and winning in one game. Facing the #4 ranked team and a left handed pitcher hitting 90 or so on the gun, a potential first round pick, and winning in two games. Sending the #21 ranked team home in two games, Then winning two of three from the #9 ranked team. Yeah, I would say the Silsbee Tigers have been tried and tested in these playoffs, Now, I know for a fact we have seen better pitchers in the playoffs, and probably just as good a defenses. So, go ahead and throw that #1 ranking at us, and that twelve step baseball program, and that crap about a bigger area to get better players from. This is the Silsbee Tigers, we don't run from numbers, we just play ball. So what does all this get you at the end of the day, not a thing. You still gotta play the game to win, and we show up to play the game. Safe travels to all. Go Tigers!!!

Great post right here!

I would have to say Silsbee has had the tougher strength of schedule, in the playoffs. Having faced a right handed pitcher hitting 102 mph and some wicked off speed junk, that is a potential first pick in the draft, and winning in one game. Facing the #4 ranked team and a left handed pitcher hitting 90 or so on the gun, a potential first round pick,  and winning in two games. Sending the #21 ranked team home in two games, Then winning two of three from the #9 ranked team. Yeah, I would say the Silsbee Tigers have been tried and tested in these playoffs, Now, I know for a fact we have seen better pitchers in the playoffs, and probably just as good a defenses. So, go ahead and throw that #1 ranking at us, and that twelve step baseball program, and that crap about a bigger area to get better players from. This is the Silsbee Tigers, we don't run from numbers, we just play ball. So what does all this get you at the end of the day, not a thing. You still gotta play the game to win, and we show up to play the game. Safe travels to all. Go Tigers!!!     

Well the post I replied about was not only Playoffs.... It was all year long.  but good post and I know they still have to play the game.   Just saying CS's strength of schedule was legit.

Well the post I replied about was not only Playoffs.... It was all year long.  but good post and I know they still have to play the game.   Just saying CS's strength of schedule was legit.

True. For a 3A/5A school planning on being in a 5A district.

What is also true, 3A school (Tigers) stepping up their own
schedule to prepare for a 3A playoff run. Was their schedule not legit for a 3A team?

Still, that being said, can not ignore the fact of strength of schedule. These young men love a challenge. Whats to lose?