Home invasions

mat

Here's a topic most may agree on, home invasions. Enough is enough when yon you can't sit safely in your own home. There needs to be a mandatory minimum 20 years without parole. The sentence should increase significantly if elderly or children are involved.  the same could be said about car jackings

This isn't intended to start a home protection debate either but I'm sure it will anyway.

Interesting topic. Should a 17 year old kid, who breaks in to steal your tv, spend 20 years in prison?

Yes, the piece of crap should be in jail for as long as possible. Breaking into someone's house is a crime. Stealing is a crime. Only harsh punishment will deter it from happening again.

Does that mean the 17 year old should get less or should the murdered get more?

If a 17 year old should get less, what about a 19 year old or a 22 year old? 

If a 17 year old and a 35 year old ( with very similar behavior backgrounds) commit a crime together, does the older one deserve more punishment?

That's what is wrong with the judicial system anyway......too many levels of guilt for the same crime. I think 20 years is better than the alternative to breaking into my house. That could warrant the death penalty.

So you think a 17 year old with no record should get the same sentence as a guy that have been in prison three times previous? 

Does that mean the 17 year old should get less or should the murdered get more?

If a 17 year old should get less, what about a 19 year old or a 22 year old?

If a 17 year old and a 35 year old ( with very similar behavior backgrounds) commit a crime together, does the older one deserve more punishment?

I was thinking that breaking into someones home, regardless of intent, is a big no-no and deserves a punishment sufficient to prevent an instant replay.  But that's just me.  I know how important it is to show compassion for those folks.

I know how important it is to show compassion for those folks........