Hull-Daisetta Bobcats AD/HC Finney to Step Down!

There is alot of truth to that for sure. A handful of freshmen and a ton of sophmores played varsity all season long last year and got some valuable friday night experience. HD's JV team was average at best, but the top 10 freshmen/soph were playing on varsity. The new district will be tough with Centerville, Groveton and Lovelady, but I think HD will be ok. If the right head coach and staff comes in, I see HD being in the hunt for a playoff spot this year. And they should do well early on with a pretty easy pre-district schedule with the exception of West Sabine.

There is alot of truth to that for sure. A handful of freshmen and a ton of sophmores played varsity all season long last year and got some valuable friday night experience. HD's JV team was average at best, but the top 10 freshmen/soph were playing on varsity. The new district will be tough with Centerville, Groveton and Lovelady, but I think HD will be ok. If the right head coach and staff comes in, I see HD being in the hunt for a playoff spot this year. And they should do well early on with a pretty easy pre-district schedule with the exception of West Sabine.

HD has a great chance to finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd in a tough District. I do see HD finally getting a pretty favorable playoff seed and getting a playoff win. HD has a good chance of going 7-3 or 6-4 with a playoff push.

Whoever gets the job will have to run a similar offense to Finney's, otherwise the transition to a new system will be difficult. Best of luck to Coach Finney in his future endeavors and I hope whatever personal reasons that led to his stepping down get resolved......

Stan Hodges runs the slot t. So that would be a great fit.

Heard through the grapevine it was Jimmy Johnson as head coach, Bill Cower as defensive coordinator and John Gruden as offensive coordinator.

I heard that Todd Dodge and Gary Joseph also applied. It seems that everyone wants to coach "the four horsemen".