Dozens of same-sex couples marry after federal judge strikes down Oregon ban

LumRaiderFan

I agree that sin is sin, but i have a problem when we try to compare two consenting adults to beastiality or pedophilia. Because while as Christians we're quick to lump them together and claim that all sin is "equal", i feel like for the most part we can agree that we'd rather our daughters marry a guy who's sin is the occasional over-indulgence of alcohol, rather than a guy who's sin is the occasional raping of elderly women. I mean, they're both sins, but they're incomparable when it comes to the severity and depravity involved.

In God's eyes they are equal, we have just decided to assign different severities based off of the emotional toll it leaves. Anyway though, obviously I was using the "legalize beastality" as an exaggeration to explain this: Our job is to try to lead people down the right path, and legalizing gay marriage just tells them that the wrong path that leads to death and destruction is okay, which it's not.

You are trying to lead them on the right path using what as your guide? You cant force a muslim to read a bible, a christian to read the Coran, an atheist to read any religious material. That is a violation of their civil liberties. You cant force an Hinduist to eat beef even if you think that is what leads them to the light. :)

You are trying to lead them on the right path using what as your guide? You cant force a muslim to read a bible, a christian to read the Coran, an atheist to read any religious material. That is a violation of their civil liberties. You cant force an Hinduist to eat beef even if you think that is what leads them to the light. :)

But its ok to outlaw Big Gulp soft drinks in New York.

But its ok to outlaw Big Gulp soft drinks in New York.

For all of your talk of the lefty handbook, you sure use this move out of the righty handbook CONSTANTLY. Anytime anyone talks about anything, use it as an excuse to bring up something either marginally or completely unrelated that the left did wrong, or has been perceived to do wrong. Just in this thread alone (about same sex marriage) you've brought up Occupy Wallstreet AND the banning of sugary drinks in New York. And if i had a dollar for every unrelated thread you turned into a benghazi thread i bet i could just about afford a trip for two to the movies, with a large popcorn thrown in to boot.

what this does is teach our children to act on their sinful thoughts......and not only act but it also manipulates them into thinking its ok to act on them.

goes the same with the whole Michael sam thing too.

Do you know how many hundreds of legalized acts do the same thing? Why is this the one that upsets Christians so much? Realistically, unless we want to go back to living like pilgrims, it's a lost cause, which as far as i'm concerned is for the best anyway.

For all of your talk of the lefty handbook, you sure use this move out of the righty handbook CONSTANTLY. Anytime anyone talks about anything, use it as an excuse to bring up something either marginally or completely unrelated that the left did wrong, or has been perceived to do wrong. Just in this thread alone (about same sex marriage) you've brought up Occupy Wallstreet AND the banning of sugary drinks in New York. And if i had a dollar for every unrelated thread you turned into a benghazi thread i bet i could just about afford a trip for two to the movies, with a large popcorn thrown in to boot.

Benghazi troubles me greatly and I do not believe we have all the answers.  Apparently you believe otherwise.  I believe getting to the bottom of the Benghazi issue is as important as you believe supporting gay marriage is.  I also dont view certain things, ( as you apparently do) as necessarily marginal, particularly if it is portrayed as something that benefits us when, in actuality, it is a small, seemingly insignificant, removal of  some freedom that we enjoy in this country.  I wonder, just wonder, if the insignificant invasions of freedom are permitted/tolerated, does that invite/encourage more "significant" invasions?

Can a Muslim force others to follow Sharia Law? 

Homo-Sexuality goes agianst the Laws of Nature, just like murder, rape, pedophile, and abortion do also.

BTW the reason why these things violate the Laws of Nature is because of Romans 1:19   since what can be known about God is evident among them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse

Jv coach I agree because I am a Christian, but I will not and cannot force my biblical on others. I was at a patient's house, a 5 yr old boy,; giving him an IV push of a chemotherapeutic drug. His mother was praying to a pic of 3 fat Asian men. What did I tell her? Nothing. I respected her right to worship and pray to whomever she wanted to.

Jv coach I agree because I am a Christian, but I will not and cannot force my biblical on others. I was at a patient's house, a 5 yr old boy,; giving him an IV push of a chemotherapeutic drug. His mother was praying to a pic of 3 fat Asian men. What did I tell her? Nothing. I respected her right to worship and pray to whomever she wanted to.

If you agree then why do you try to undercut so many comments that come from a Christian worldview?

It would be best to study up on this  

Colossians 2:8

J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

Be careful that nobody spoils your faith through intellectualism or high-sounding nonsense. Such stuff is at best founded on men’s ideas of the nature of the world and disregards Christ!

To make sure you do not hear this  

Matthew 7:23

J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

22-23 â€œIn ‘that day’ many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we preach in your name, didn’t we cast out devils in your name, and do many great things in your name?’ Then I shall tell them plainly, ‘I have never known you. Go away from me, you have worked on the side of evil!’”

I agree bullets there are a lot of legalized acts that do the same thing....but to my earlier post

wrong is wrong....don't use another sin to justify another.

Answer this question.....WHERE AND WHEN DOES IT STOP.....at what point is enough enough.

EX......in television earlier years...you didn't see a woman and man sleeping in bed even if they were husband and wife.....nor did we see a toilet........and now look at what we have.

WHATS NEXT......Do we as a Nation, as a community, as Parents just let this snowball continue.  WHen do we take a stand? Should we just coward down and follow the masses?

Don't tell me the our future generations are not influenced by today's issues.  Cause your wrong

Unlike some of you....im not going to allow big brother/progressive (sinful) movement push itself on me and my family. 

so I guess since you think its a lost cause....then whatever controversial issue that comes next is a lost cause and the next and the next and the next. 

Do you have a backbone at all.

The reason we are where we are is cause there's too many push overs and people sell the morals and character