Dozens of same-sex couples marry after federal judge strikes down Oregon ban

LumRaiderFan

If you agree then why do you try to undercut so many comments that come from a Christian worldview?

It would be best to study up on this because cannot force someoneto believe what I believe. I respect a person's right to worship whomever they chose to. I have had other Christians try to corner me in order to force me to believe their viewpoint on the Bible. That didnt work out to well for them. They were trying to "save" me.
Colossians 2:8
J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)

8 Be careful that nobody spoils your faith through intellectualism or high-sounding nonsense. Such stuff is at best founded on men’s ideas of the nature of the world and disregards Christ!

To make sure you do not hear this
Matthew 7:23

22-23 “In ‘that day’ many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we preach in your name, didn’t we cast out devils in your name, and do many great things in your name?’ Then I shall tell them plainly, ‘I have never known you. Go away from me, you have worked on the side of evil!’”

response to JV's question to BIG GIRL

Same reason the black churches have up anti abortion signs but the majority of their attendees voted for a man that was for abortion.

The progressive movement is "cool" and "hip" I dont believe in abortion, but I dont think a person can say that they are pro-life if they dont support programs that sustain life. Republicans are pro birth, they want to force you to have a baby and once the baby is born they dont care if he or she starves to death. They want massive cuts to the wic, TANF, snaps and free lunch programs. My question to you is this: how can you support someone that is not pro life?

"it what's trending now"

If you agree then why do you try to undercut so many comments that come from a Christian worldview?

It would be best to study up on this because cannot force someoneto believe what I believe. I respect a person's right to worship whomever they chose to. I have had other Christians try to corner me in order to force me to believe their viewpoint on the Bible. That didnt work out to well for them. They were trying to "save" me.
Colossians 2:8

8 Be careful that nobody spoils your faith through intellectualism or high-sounding nonsense. Such stuff is at best founded on men’s ideas of the nature of the world and disregards Christ!

To make sure you do not hear this
Matthew 7:23

22-23 “In ‘that day’ many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we preach in your name, didn’t we cast out devils in your name, and do many great things in your name?’ Then I shall tell them plainly, ‘I have never known you. Go away from me, you have worked on the side of evil!’”

because I cant force anyone to believe what I believe. A perdon had the right to worship whomever they please.

Same reason the black churches have up anti abortion signs but the majority of their attendees voted for a man that was for abortion.

The progressive movement is "cool" and "hip" I dont believe in abortion, but I dont think a person can say that they are pro-life if they dont support programs that sustain life. Republicans are pro birth, they want to force you to have a baby and once the baby is born they dont care if he or she starves to death. They want massive cuts to the wic, TANF, snaps and free lunch programs. My question to you is this: how can you support someone that is not pro life?

"it what's trending now"

how can you support a party that claims to be pro-life, but they are opposed to programs that sustain life like TANF, SNAPS, WIC and free lunch programs. Republicans want to force you to have a baby, but they dont care if he starves to death after he is born. You guys are pro birth not pro life. I dont agree with abortions, but I also dont agree with letting a kid starve to death

I don't agree with children starving.

There is no perfect party out there.....

I don't agree with everything the REPUBLICANS do.

if you can't afford to care for a child keep your pants on......that'll solve many of the issues we have today......fatherless children, motherless children, poverty, the list goes on and on and on.

The progressive movement is "cool" and "hip"

"it what's trending now"

why just make this about the black church Obama won twice so I'm sure all kinds of Christian's voted for him. Are you calling them hypocrites?

how can you support a party that claims to be pro-life, but they are opposed to programs that sustain life like TANF, SNAPS, WIC and free lunch programs. Republicans want to force you to have a baby, but they dont care if he starves to death after he is born. You guys are pro birth not pro life. I dont agree with abortions, but I also dont agree with letting a kid starve to death

You are slightly off in your assessment.  Republicans want you to be able to support any children that you bring into this world and to teach them the same.  Others think the government should take care of them and that they should teach their offspring not to worry about self responsibility.

Nobody want children to go hungry and everyone thinks the parents should be able to support their own family. So what do you do when parents can't (I didn't say anything about freeloading) and the children suffer. The problem is the extremist in each direction won't look for common ground.

So before free lunch there was an epidemic of starvation in the USA?  

How come conservatives give more of their income to help the needy then liberals? 

Why do you think it is right to kill 54,000,000 million people since Roe v Wade but then get on a moral high horse because you support acronyms? 

that's a really nice way of putting "love them in the womb, screw em once they're born", which is how i generally refer to it.

How come conservatives give more of their income to help the needy then liberals? 

Why do you think it is right to kill 54,000,000 million people since Roe v Wade but then get on a moral high horse because you support acronyms?

the same on the right who throw out 54,000,000 million killed love to gripe about the millions of kids they're supporting with their tax dollars. here you managed to bring up both in the same post.

You are slightly off in your assessment. Republicans want you to be able to support any children that you bring into this world and to teach them the same. Others think the government should take care of them and that they should teach their offspring not to worry about self responsibility.

what happens if you work really hard yet you cant afford milk for your infant? You should not have gotten pregnant, but the baby is here.

Yes, that is why we have the school lunch program. Breakfast and lunch at school are the only meals that some kids get.

yes, that is why the free school breakfast and lunch programs were started. Some kids are only able to eat those two meals. One of my friends said that her family ate popcorn for dinner when she was a kid. Thank God she was able to eat at school. ( her mom worked)

Look, I am one of the acknowledged libs on this site, but I say cut all benefits by 10%. Today. Keep cutting until I see skinny people pulling out the food stamps(I guess cards now) I don't mean to sound harsh, but there are some very big people using those things.

yes, that is why the free school breakfast and lunch programs were started. Some kids are only able to eat those two meals. One of my friends said that her family ate popcorn for dinner when she was a kid. Thank God she was able to eat at school. ( her mom worked)

Folks -- this shows how for we have moved away from reality.   BigGirl -- there's no such thing as a free lunch!!

That bone and lobster thing is a myth created by the right. How much does the average family get per month in SNAP benefits? The people I know on SNAPS dont buy lobster. My 89 yr old grandmother gets 50.00 a month in food stamps. She is a diabetic. She has to eat certain foods to keep her blood sugar low. My mom has to buy the majority of her food,, if she didnt my mono would be in horrible shape. Lobster and steak are the last things on her mind.