Silsbee/West Columbia Area Round series set

Silsbee is a darn good ball club. They have an excellent coach. The only coach to bring them to the state tournament. His Silsbee teams have never missed the playoffs. The prior coach missed the playoffs four straight years before he was hired.

They are strong in every area which is why they were a pre season favorite to win 21-3A by many.

I see how chukslegacy could think Silsbee would have the best team is that district.

Hopefully, we get to see them in another matchup with BC.

Silsbee is a darn good ball club. They have an excellent coach. The only coach to bring them to the state tournament. His Silsbee teams have never missed the playoffs. The prior coach missed the playoffs four straight years before he was hired.

They are strong in every area which is why they were a pre season favorite to win 21-3A by many.

I see how chukslegacy could think Silsbee would have the best team is that district.

Hopefully, we get to see them in another matchup with BC.

I will agree to an extent .  But every boy on the team last year and this year. were brougt up in select ball clubs and hauled around the usa. every weekend  from the ages of six and seven by their parents until they were on the varsity team at Silsbee.  With that kind of dedication from parents for their kids and for the kids to have that much drive to stay at it for all those years . Sure does make a coaches Job a lot easier.

So the parents are the reason? Wow, okay. But, why wouldn't the former coach push select ball? If he did, why didn't anyone listen over a four year period? Communication? Read the other forums for what kids do and families sacrifice for an athlete to be good in any sport. Silsbee is no different, nor is baseball.

Idk, but whatever the current coach is doing, it's working!

Like I put on a BC post. Great coaching + talent + hard work (select ball, strength training and ect. ) = success

I will agree to an extent .  But every boy on the team last year and this year. were brougt up in select ball clubs and hauled around the usa. every weekend  from the ages of six and seven by their parents until they were on the varsity team at Silsbee.  With that kind of dedication from parents for their kids and for the kids to have that much drive to stay at it for all those years . Sure does make a coaches Job a lot easier.

+1 Nice post. Spent plenty of weekends at the ballpark with several of those talented Silsbee players in that Senior class. They worked hard and deserve all their success.

Rake1

I think we need to praise the Silsbee Coaching Staff that much more for having to deal with selfish parents like CATS80. Coaching had nothing to do with going to state last year with no D1 talent. Coaching had nothing to do with beating the potential #1 pick in the draft. Coaching had nothing to do with beating #4 team in the state with another kid who will be picked in the first 10 rounds. CATS80 drove all these kids all over the USA (Merica!!) taught them all this baseball and then screamed strategy from the stands these last few weeks so those idiot coaches knew what to do.

I think we need to praise the Silsbee Coaching Staff that much more for having to deal with selfish parents like CATS80. Coaching had nothing to do with going to state last year with no D1 talent. Coaching had nothing to do with beating the potential #1 pick in the draft. Coaching had nothing to do with beating #4 team in the state with another kid who will be picked in the first 10 rounds. CATS80 drove all these kids all over the USA (Merica!!) taught them all this baseball and then screamed strategy from the stands these last few weeks so those idiot coaches knew what to do.

When a Major League Manager (Astros Bo Porter) says he was impressed with the game plan that Silsbee coaches laid out to beat Koleck, that's good enough for me.

Let's not take away from the players, they executed the game plan flawlessly.

I should have put why did they not listen regarding the importance over a 7 year period. The former coach was there 7 years and a sport like baseball it's imperative the younger a player begins the better.

Believe me, I'm not discounting everything the parents and athletes have done to be to get here. I would expect a very high % of kids on the teams left in the playoffs to be involved in select baseball.

For me, i'm just telling the facts to get an accurate account of just how far this team has come with Coach Nelson.

Sorry if its stepping on toes.

If WOS missed the playoffs 4 straight years and another coach brought them to the State Championship within 3 years no one would be saying a word about bashing a coach.

That's kind of funny.

I should have put why did they not listen regarding the importance over a 7 year period. The former coach was there 7 years and a sport like baseball it's imperative the younger a player begins the better.

Believe me, I'm not discounting everything the parents and athletes have done to be to get here. I would expect a very high % of kids on the teams left in the playoffs to be involved in select baseball.

I can see right now that this is someone with a personal vendetta against a particular coach.  You have absolutely no idea what has happened in Silsbee.

Yes, Silsbee has a good group of coaches now.  But our former coach that you are bashing was a good coach as well.  Maybe you need to step away from a keyboard, have a discussion with the man you are bashing and take a real long look at the program and the talent available from an objective view instead of subjective.