More BISD mess

AggiesAreWe

JEFFERSON COUNTY - KFDM News has learned Judge Donald Floyd has signed an order Monday morning requested by attorneys Michael Truncale, Michael Getz and others,... temporarily suspending the duties of the BISD board and seeking an early installation of a TEA board of managers.

http://kfdm.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/kfdm_vid_10672.shtml

12News has confirmed that 172nd District Court Judge Donald Floyd is signing an order removing the Beaumont Independent School District Board of Trustees.

He is currently inquiring with the Texas Education Agency about the names of a new Board of Managers which will replace the existing school board.

Does this mean that the two that filed the petition has more pull than TEA?? Very good job by those two. I'm just asking because TEA came in talking all this Jive & BISD gave them the Business. Two citizens Lawyer up & makes more progress than TEA has. Correct me if I'm wrong. Many on here had the current board ousted as soon as TEA arrived. Not saying any one person knew what the outcome will be, but this current turn of events by these two citizens & a petition has done just as much if not more than TEA has thus far. Still no mention of Dr Thomas or any indication of him being held liable. Too many jumping to conclusions too soon. So what's the next move TEA?? Or should I ask the two citizens?? These two & their Lawyers are pretty Saavy

Does this mean that the two that filed the petition has more pull than TEA?? Very good job by those two. I'm just asking because TEA came in talking all this Jive & BISD gave them the Business. Two citizens Lawyer up & makes more progress than TEA has. Correct me if I'm wrong. Many on here had the current board ousted as soon as TEA arrived. Not saying any one person knew what the outcome will be, but this current turn of events by these two citizens & a petition has done just as much if not more than TEA has thus far. Still no mention of Dr Thomas or any indication of him being held liable. Too many jumping to conclusions too soon. So what's the next move TEA?? Or should I ask the two citizens?? These two & their Lawyers are pretty Saavy

I'm not sure the judge is going to sign the petition....

Still more buzz than TEAhas stirred. Plot thickens

Arguably. A sizable crowd has been seen protesting around Beaumont in favor of the TEA takeover on several occasions. At least part of that crowd was present outside the courthouse in Austin during the injunction hearing. I think that constitutes a fair amount of "buzz."

On an aside, isn't there a rule somewhere banning current school board members from running for school board again after TEA has turned the district back over to local control? Or was that something I dreamed?

Arguably. A sizable crowd has been seen protesting around Beaumont in favor of the TEA takeover on several occasions. At least part of that crowd was present outside the courthouse in Austin during the injunction hearing. I think that constitutes a fair amount of "buzz."

On an aside, isn't there a rule somewhere banning current school board members from running for school board again after TEA has turned the district back over to local control? Or was that something I dreamed?

I'm not talking about the Buzz the people are stirring, I said the Butt kicking TEA was supposed to do swiftly as many mentioned on many occasions. As I stated you can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if the 2 citizens have the best Lawyers up to this point. Just my view Sir
Doesn't equate to a hill of beans, but anyways Lol

Chag rescinds his offer to resign. He's staying!

BISD should sell their rights to Lifetime and make some of that money back. This is better than TV.

Dr Chag is about that C.R.E.A.M. Lol
The "Show" ain't over!!! I've ordered the double disc set of the complete 1st Series
This Board has some nerve, Wow
Come on TEA!!! They are calling your Bluff
They just may have finally P.O'd the State

I'm not talking about the Buzz the people are stirring, I said the Butt kicking TEA was supposed to do swiftly as many mentioned on many occasions. As I stated you can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if the 2 citizens have the best Lawyers up to this point. Just my view Sir
Doesn't equate to a hill of beans, but anyways Lol

You don't have to have lawyers to start a petition, and I don't recall it being said in the news that the Trevinos had obtained one.They're simply exercising their rights as constituents of BISD.

In any case, the only reason it's taken so long for BISD to be taken over by BISD is that the school board voted to appeal the decision in court. Anytime you take up a court case, it takes time. Honestly, if anything, it's surprising it didn't take longer.