More BISD mess

AggiesAreWe

It's starting to get real................

District Attorney warns BISD to keep jobs meeting open to the public, Texas Rangers to attend meeting

Jefferson County District Attorney Cory Crenshaw sent a letter to the Superintendent and to board members saying that there will be Texas Rangers at the meeting to arrest anyone who violates state law.

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/25801615/district-attorney-warns-bisd-to-keep-jobs-meeting-open-to-the-public

It's starting to get real................

District Attorney warns BISD to keep jobs meeting open to the public, Texas Rangers to attend meeting

Jefferson County District Attorney Cory Crenshaw sent a letter to the Superintendent and to board members saying that there will be Texas Rangers at the meeting to arrest anyone who violates state law.

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/25801615/district-attorney-warns-bisd-to-keep-jobs-meeting-open-to-the-public

It's sad that I have to say this, but it's about time.

BISD cannot seem to follow the law......

Criminal D.A. says BISD board cannot take action on RIF decisions at Thursday board meeting

http://kfdm.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/kfdm_criminal-da-says-bisd-board-cannot-take-action-rif-decisions-at-thursday-board-meeting-10532.shtml

Wrong! The DA's office following the rules already laid out and interpreted by Attorney General's office. The DA's office were already prepared for BISD to screw this up.

Wait a minute!! Anybody else paying attention to the chess game being played here? Try and follow my logic. I might leave out a few picky points:

A. BISD board has a planned meeting to discuss layoffs

B. D.A. says its against the law to have closed meeting on the subject matter (BAM) BISD board     once again looks unfavorable in public eye and appears not to know what they are doing.

C. Citizens were prepared to speak at Board meeting

D.. So, BISD follows the law and change the date for next meeting

E. OOPS!! Citizens can't speak at this meeting because its a "special?" meeting BAM!!

So, maybe this Board IS well informed more than most of us are thinking...hmm?

I mean, I saw people giving props to the D.A. and high-fiving and all. And look who ends up getting it their way. Brilliant move or a stroke of luck?

The following directive from Fred Shafer has been shared this morning with BISD board members and Superintendent…

Subject: Directive on Public Comment at June 23, 2014 Board Meeting

President Ambres:

As the TEA appointed Conservator for Beaumont ISD and by the authority afforded to me as Conservator, I am directing you to include on the June 23, 2014 Board Meeting Agenda the opportunity for public comment. The public comment period shall be for 30 minutes as set fort in local policy with the exception that the public comment period shall be scheduled prior to the Board's consideration and discussion of the posted general consent agenda items.

In light of the fact that the Board meeting that was scheduled for June 19, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. to consider and, if appropriate take action to approve the Superintendent's recommendation to approve employment areas affected by the reduction in force was cancelled and therefore did not allow the opportunity for public comment, the public should be afforded the opportunity for public comment at the June 23, 2014 Board meeting.

The action of the Board on the Superintendent's recommendation on employment areas affected by the reduction in force will have a significant impact on the lives of many in the Beaumont community and the comments from the community and those who will be directly affected by the Board's actions should not go unheard.

Respectfully Submitted,
Fred Shafer
TEA Conservator
Beaumont ISD

Gonna get boring around Bmt. now.

I doubt it......maybe they were waiting for the leadership to be replaced before they took action....

"As our criminal investigation moves forward, cooperation and candor continue to be paramount and a change in leadership is absolutely necessary to facilitate that.  With that said, we applaud the effort of Commissioner Michael Williams and his agency and believe that the court in Austin made the best decision based upon the facts and law.  We look forward to continuing our mission and seeing to it that those who have harmed our children's future are swiftly brought to justice."

http://www.kfdm.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/kfdm_vid_10555.shtml

Wait a minute!! Anybody else paying attention to the chess game being played here? Try and follow my logic. I might leave out a few picky points:

A. BISD board has a planned meeting to discuss layoffs

B. D.A. says its against the law to have closed meeting on the subject matter (BAM) BISD board     once again looks unfavorable in public eye and appears not to know what they are doing.

C. Citizens were prepared to speak at Board meeting

D.. So, BISD follows the law and change the date for next meeting

E. OOPS!! Citizens can't speak at this meeting because its a "special?" meeting BAM!!

So, maybe this Board IS well informed more than most of us are thinking...hmm?

So they were just waiting for the DA to come in and tell them not to have the meeting or go to jail..... but if the DA didn't say anything and give an uncharacteristic warning of arrest.... the board would have done what? 

Your supposition that the board had all of this planned as a well thought out scheme seems as likely as me winning the lottery this week.