Plez Atkins no longer with BISD

jenks

If it is true that Atkins did disclose his suspension to BISD supt and AD, then he may have grounds for a lawsuit. Not too sure if he does or not.

In any case, BISD still comes out looking bad yet again.

If they have issue with his suspension, never should have offered him the job or voted to hire him.

Charges were dropped, suspension was lifted. Why change your mind about the hire?

Hey, I'm not sure what all went down with his suspension and whether or not it was warranted but if he did have improper relations with a student then this is not acceptable. He should mot have been hired but if he was aquitted then acqusations can come from anywhere and anyone.IJS

IMO ! Once again BISD AD & everyone else involved in the hiring process of Mr. Aktins didn't do their homework. Per, the news media Atkins disclosed all the necessary information concerning the allegations against him. At that point an educated decision should have been made to accept him as a viable candidate or decline his application. This is a total disgrace to the student / athletes @ Ozen and community with all the other nonsense factored into the equation as well. If you're trying to build Champions and Character. It doesn't start by hiring someone with Dirty Laundry. Get it together BISD ! You're hurting the Kids & destroying the Community !

IMO ! Once again BISD AD & everyone else involved in the hiring process of Mr. Aktins didn't do their homework. Per, the news media Atkins disclosed all the necessary information concerning the allegations against him. At that point an educated decision should have been made to accept him as a viable candidate or decline his application. This is a total disgrace to the student / athletes @ Ozen and community with all the other nonsense factored into the equation as well. If you're trying to build Champions and Character. It doesn't start by hiring someone with Dirty Laundry. Get it together BISD ! You're hurting the Kids & destroying the Community !

Well said!

Great post.  It seems like the only news that comes out of BISD these days is bad news.  I'm part of the Beaumont community and I DO NOT want my child attending any school in this joke of a district.

The big problem in Beaumont is that people in Beaumont and from Beaumont just think there really isnt a problem. Stop defending the district, it doesn't make you or the city worse to say there is corruption and shady stuff going on. Instead of trying to act like there isnt a problem and hoping it will go away hold the people responsible accountable and fix your cities school district. Quit promoting people into power that are obviously not doing their jobs thoroughly and giving everyone a black eye and ending up on the news every other night. It's not normal to have the fbi and tea come in and to constantly have under the table activities come to light. the need to replace everyone at the top and start making wholesale open book change. If you defend BISD at this point and think its just like any other school district you are in 100% denial, but hey ignorance is bliss.

Great post.  It seems like the only news that comes out of BISD these days is bad news.  I'm part of the Beaumont community and I DO NOT want my child attending any school in this joke of a district.

That's because the only news the local media is reporting about BISD is bad news! Smh... So no other district in the golden triangle has issues or problems? Of course they do but, you will never know it watch the media in this area.

Wilmer-Hutchins...North Forest...Beaumont ISD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmer-Hutchins_Independent_School_District

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Forest_Independent_School_District

Academics is not the issue with BISD its the people in the administration office... I don't think they'll shut down the biggest district in the area...just need to clean house and start from scratch!!!

Academics is not the issue with BISD its the people in the administration office... I don't think they'll shut down the biggest district in the area...just need to clean house and start from scratch!!!

I agree, state will not shut BISD down, but I can see the state taking over and running it for a few years.

The big problem in Beaumont is that people in Beaumont and from Beaumont just think there really isnt a problem. Stop defending the district, it doesn't make you or the city worse to say there is corruption and shady stuff going on. Instead of trying to act like there isnt a problem and hoping it will go away hold the people responsible accountable and fix your cities school district. Quit promoting people into power that are obviously not doing their jobs thoroughly and giving everyone a black eye and ending up on the news every other night. It's not normal to have the fbi and tea come in and to constantly have under the table activities come to light. the need to replace everyone at the top and start making wholesale open book change. If you defend BISD at this point and think its just like any other school district you are in 100% denial, but hey ignorance is bliss.

Excellent post.

Guest ECBucFan

Wilmer Huthcins and North Forest had FAR more issues that just acedemic performance. Read the wikis.

In the 1970s, the State of Texas threatened to revoke the district's accreditation. Due to misuse of district funds and fraudulent elections in the 1980s the Texas Education Agency threatened to close the district. In the 1990s, for two years the TEA took over operations of WHISD

...so are you saying that Kirbyville ISD is a flawless district? You seem to have all of the answers for BISD...

You sound like my 13 yo when he gets in trouble......tries to change the subject and point out others faults.  What does Kirbyville ISD have to do with this topic? If you want to compare Kirbyville to BISD in scandals and wrong doings, start another thread, and Good Luck!!.  The fact is MOST people would not want someone with that type of allegations teaching their kids. This "almost" hire really tells the common sense of their idiot superintendent. He knows that EVERYONE is watching and pulls this bad hire stunt......really?

So Kirbyville didn't just have a teacher that had his credentials revoked for improper relationship with a student? Revoked not suspended and isn't dude facing criminal charges? How many news articles and local news stories did that situation produce? Smh...

So Kirbyville didn't just have a teacher that had his credentials revoked for improper relationship with a student? Revoked not suspended and isn't dude facing criminal charges? How many news articles and local news stories did that situation produce? Smh...

Did Kirbyville HIRE him knowing he had a previous incident of improper relationship with a child?

If not, then your comparing apples to oranges,....

The issue isn't whether other districts have had scattered improper incidents, the issue is that BISD has one improper incident after another.  It's constant, and it needs to stop.  The biggest thing I see is that the leadership at BISD (and apparently some community members) are so arrogant as to think they can still do whatever they want.  Hence the hiring of Atkins.  It was disclosed at some point, and that information wasn't given to all of the board members.  Once again, a few in leadership are believing that they can hide info from others, in order to accomplish whatever it is they have on their agenda. 

The school board (all of the members) were not made aware of Atkins suspension. That is on the supt. and AD.

That's an excuse for the board. they know the kind of members they are & know the others surrounding them. Each & every member should have done their own homework before making their vote. This " I wasn't informed" Bull is old. All of those guys played a role in the demise of this district & i'm sick & tired of the Bull**** excuses. Everyone please quit taking up for Nield, or however you spell it. He is just as guilty.  Bottom line is our kids lose once again, but this isn't a race, it's a MARATHON. As a parent I will do my best to keep my son & other kids encouraged. There will be Triumph & a testimony after the storm rolls through.

Go Panthers!!!!

You sound like my 13 yo when he gets in trouble......tries to change the subject and point out others faults. What does Kirbyville ISD have to do with this topic? If you want to compare Kirbyville to BISD in scandals and wrong doings, start another thread, and Good Luck!!. The fact is MOST people would not want someone with that type of allegations teaching their kids. This "almost" hire really tells the common sense of their idiot superintendent. He knows that EVERYONE is watching and pulls this bad hire stunt......really?

You can say all you want. Being that you're a Lumberton guy tells me that I'd expect a comment like this from you.

Also, its amazing how many 'Clark Kents' that we have hiding in the phone booths. Are some of these guys not allowed to answer a simple question? Smh.