Plez Atkins hired as HC at Beaumont Ozen

Well if dude can handle the merger of Smiley and Forest Brook and get those kids to play together and win, he may do a good job at Ozen. I know he can't be worse than PS3 Magee! Plus he's getting some very good players at Ozen.

you and I could have coached them with the schedule they faced. I wish him good luck.

Ok, after a little research, the guy was a two way Div 1 All-State player at QB & DB leading his team to a State Championship! Played at Iowa and was an All-Big 10 Selection at DB and played professionally at 49er's! He runs Spread, Empty, I-Formation with Double Tight Ends, Pro-set, and even let's his fullbacks carry the ball. He spreads the ball around and even though he may have been in a week district, he did what he was supposed to do and that's "Win!" BISD may have gotten something right this time!

JRidge, was this the light at the end of the tunnel that you were referring too?  Ironically, McGee also had his ONLY winning season as head coach that came while he was coaching in HISD.  Another very ironic fact is that four or five years ago Atkins was only a position coach at a  junior college, and currently McGee is a position coach at a junior college.  The word I got is there were only 14 people that applied for this job which is sad in itself, but I know from living in Houston for several years that HISD football is the WORST in the state of Texas.  All that being said, congrats Ozen, Coach Atkins, and welcome to SETX.

JRidge, was this the light at the end of the tunnel that you were referring too?  Ironically, McGee also had his ONLY winning season as head coach that came while he was coaching in HISD.  Another very ironic fact is that four or five years ago Atkins was only a position coach at a  junior college, and currently McGee is a position coach at a junior college.  The word I got is there were only 14 people that applied for this job which is sad in itself, but I know from living in Houston for several years that HISD football is the WORST in the state of Texas.  All that being said, congrats Ozen, Coach Atkins, and welcome to SETX.

Not trying to shoot the messenger, but thanks for the info.  I think.....................  Bwahaaaaaa :lol:  :P 

All that I can say is "BISD" are you %^&**$%#$$^ kidding me? HISD? HISD? HISD? HISD? that is equivalent to playing pop warner football and coaching on "FRIDAY NIGHT TYKES" I'm Starting to think like the NEAL BROTHERS GET RID OF ALL THE DESICION MAKERS IN BISD!! THIS IS A SHAME FOR SETX FOOTBALL AND WHAT IT ONCE MEANT IN THE PEAR ORCHARD.. They Hired MAGEES COUSIN

I have to put some of you guys on point! I don't care if you coach pop warner, junior high or high school, you still need to be able to put players in their right positions and have an offense and defense that can stop the other team! Yes, I admit that I gave PS3 Magee the benefit of the doubt because that is how I was raised to think positive 1st, but several of you were right about him even though it was hard for me to understand his 8 & 22 record for him to be hired!

I do know one thing about sports and that if you have experienced winning on several levels then you should have learned something along the way, unless you are an idiot! I've watched film on North Forest when Atkins was there and I was impressed with the multiple formations that he ran on offense. His defense was aggressive and he excelled in H.S., College & NFL as a player, damn does this speak for anything? Some of you can't be Haters all your life, support the new hire and if he is "Pooh Cheese" then 2 bad hires in a row means whoever does the hiring doesn't know what they're doing, bottom line. 

I have to put some of you guys on point! I don't care if you coach pop warner, junior high or high school, you still need to be able to put players in their right positions and have an offense and defense that can stop the other team! Yes, I admit that I gave PS3 Magee the benefit of the doubt because that is how I was raised to think positive 1st, but several of you were right about him even though it was hard for me to understand his 8 & 22 record for him to be hired!

I do know one thing about sports and that if you have experienced winning on several levels then you should have learned something along the way, unless you are an idiot! I've watched film on North Forest when Atkins was there and I was impressed with the multiple formations that he ran on offense. His defense was aggressive and he excelled in H.S., College & NFL as a player, damn does this speak for anything? Some of you can't be Haters all your life, support the new hire and if he is "Pooh Cheese" then 2 bad hires in a row means whoever does the hiring doesn't know what they're doing, bottom line. 

OK you know sports but you gave Magee the benefit of the doubt with an 8-22 record.. you just lost your credibility, I apologize you didnt lose credibilty you just bought one of those used cars with out and engine.. also you watched his game film from North Forest  their schedule consisted of Houston Wheatly and Houston Austin, Houston Waltrip, Houston Sharpstown whom are all small 3A schools who would get creamed in the setx district with WOS, Silsbee... in the words of Chris Carter and Keyshawn Johnson (COME ON MAN) I guess you were a Coach Rison fan as well (he ran multiple offensive sets and we see where that got him, its not what you run its how efficient you can run it. Im done and if you dont comment I totally understand.. REAL coaches are also aware that it doesnt matter how much the coach knows or how good he was when he wore the pads its about how much the kids know and how good they can play

OK you know sports but you gave Magee the benefit of the doubt with an 8-22 record.. you just lost your credibility, I apologize you didnt lose credibilty you just bought one of those used cars with out and engine.. also you watched his game fim from North Forest  their schedule consisted of Houston Wheatly and Houston Austin, Houston Waltrip, Houston Sharpstown whom are all small 3A schools who would get creamed in the setx district with WOS, Silsbee... in the words of Chris Carter and Keyshawn Johnson (COME ON MAN) I guess you were a Coach Rison fan as well (he ran multiple offensive sets and we see where that got him, its not what you run its how efficient you can run it. Im done and if you dont comment I totally understand  

Never said the district wasn't week and you probably have a hard time coaching yourself out of a front door each morning so kick rocks patna! Just because I believe people are entitled to the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean I believe in them whole-heartedly! As for credibility, I didn't ask for it and don't need it from you, if you knew anything about me personally, you would have kept those dumb remarks to yourself! What I do, who I am, and what I produce speaks louder than you can ever yell! The guy has better credentials than Magee and hopefully will bring much more to the table. I supported Magee because he was chosen, but he would not have been my choice. We are judged in this sport by wins & losses and that is the primary whether I agree or disagree. Some of you climax like females on these sites because no one probably wants to hear your BS face to face! Now, I just broke one of my parents rules again, "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all!" Support the man or move around is what I say!

So his team went 11-1 at NF in 2012 against HISD competition, but what did they do in 2011 or 2013? Or was he not coaching then?
They also must have won a playoff game and lost a playoff game with an 11-1 record. So who did they beat round 1 and who and how bad did they get beat in round 2.

OK you know sports but you gave Magee the benefit of the doubt with an 8-22 record.. you just lost your credibility, I apologize you didnt lose credibilty you just bought one of those used cars with out and engine.. also you watched his game fim from North Forest  their schedule consisted of Houston Wheatly and Houston Austin, Houston Waltrip, Houston Sharpstown whom are all small 3A schools who would get creamed in the setx district with WOS, Silsbee... in the words of Chris Carter and Keyshawn Johnson (COME ON MAN) I guess you were a Coach Rison fan as well (he ran multiple offensive sets and we see where that got him, its not what you run its how efficient you can run it. Im done and if you dont comment I totally understand  

Never said the district wasn't week and you probably have a hard time coaching yourself out of a front door each morning so kick rocks patna! Just because I believe people are entitled to the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean I believe in them whole-heartedly! As for credibility, I didn't ask for it and don't need it from you, if you knew anything about me personally, you would have kept those dumb remarks to yourself! What I do, who I am, and what I produce speaks louder than you can ever yell! The guy has better credentials than Magee and hopefully will bring much more to the table. I supported Magee because he was chosen, but he would not have been my choice. We are judged in this sport by wins & losses and that is the primary whether I agree or disagree. Some of you climax like females on these sites because no one probably wants to hear your BS face to face! Now, I just broke one of my parents rules again, "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all!" Support the man or move around is what I say!

It's obvious that a nerve was plucked with the comments of people climaxing like females however from your tone in you message, your smoking a cigarette and eating a sandwhich by now. when we  speak about sports ita bout facts and who can be proven not lesson that your learned from your parents this is a business, my point again is that BISD went and hired another coach from the  HISD district which have done just as much as Magee 1 proven season.. while in your feelings you failed to respond on how his multiple set offenses will help him win and have success (RISON) Its nothing personal RIDGE again its like (FRIDAY NIGHT TYKES)