Will BISD Hire BMT Ozen a Good Coach or still search for that 8 & 12 Used Car Salesman?

JRidge

Will BISD do what's right by hiring a good/commited coach for the talented Ozen Panthers? Everyone's talking about Ozen's struggles but 10 scholarships signed and there is comparable talent still there. Can the playing field be made equal by doing the right thing? Dang!

I think with the hiring of Coach Foreman at Central last year the BISD proved that they can and will find a good coach...Bigger question for BISD will allways be "Can they keep a good coach?"

I think with the BISD policy on paying it's HC the same at each school and not having AD's at each school they will continue to have to hire assistant coaches as HC, but with a little research thats not allways a bad thing. Of course with these policies it makes it tuff to keep those guys around once they have tasted success.

OF, I heard he was relieved of his duties at Little Elm.

Dang, welp my sources maybe true then. However it did take stowers a while to get Central rolling(If i remember correct) Ozen needs a guy who's gonna make noise immediately he would have the talent to do it. However, I wouldn't be mad to see him get the job.

Dang, welp my sources maybe true then. However it did take stowers a while to get Central rolling(If i remember correct) Ozen needs a guy who's gonna make noise immediately he would have the talent to do it. However, I wouldn't be mad to see him get the job.

Wrong. His first year (hurricane shortened season), he turned the program around instantly and won the district championship after a couple of early season losses. Did good in the playoffs after losing to a VERY good 2005 Brenham team staring a future blue chipper qb. (i forgot that kid's name).

So if Stowers comes, there will be instant impact.

Wrong. His first year (hurricane shortened season), he turned the program around instantly and won the district championship after a couple of early season losses. Did good in the playoffs after losing to a VERY good 2005 Brenham team staring a future blue chipper qb. (i forgot that kid's name).

I think his name was Jarrett Lee

Wait that was stowers first year? That season was a little crazy because of the hurricane, I remember my junior year (07-08) central was terrible though. But the next year they went on a deep run out of nowhere.

Stowers applied for a job every year football seaon ended. He couldn't get out of here fast enough. IMO Stowers would be a horrible hire and Ozen would be in this same boat inside three years. I think Ozen should find a relatively young and up and coming head coach with SETX ties and the ability to connect with his players.

Wait that was stowers first year? That season was a little crazy because of the hurricane, I remember my junior year (07-08) central was terrible though. But the next year they went on a deep run out of nowhere.

Yea, that '07 season was his only bad season. Prior to that, he had good season. In '06, central lost to eventual state champs, LaMarqe...

Stowers applied for a job every year football seaon ended. He couldn't get out of here fast enough. IMO Stowers would be a horrible hire and Ozen would be in this same boat inside three years. I think Ozen should find a relatively young and up and coming head coach with SETX ties and the ability to connect with his players.

See, this is the info I want to read. Deeper details of what you need or don't need in a coach. No generalizations.