21 3A Predictions

Guest Farmer Fran

[quote name="Farmer Frans BFF" post="1423654" timestamp="1376338403"]
Well, he is a Silsbee fan... Why would he ever pick against his home team? Objectively? Have you ever heard him broadcast a Silsbee baseball game? He is a little biased dontcha think???
[/quote]Listened to the AAW broadcast of last year Silsbee-WO-S, the dust bowl I think and I (WOS fan) did not detect any bias.  Thats very difficult to do.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="XDOG" post="1423732" timestamp="1376352387"]
Reading all of this I am really dreading listening to Edelmon come baseball season also. Will you be better this year prob so. Will you beat Silsbee and WOS NOPE. Not gonna happen. There's a fine line between confidence and crazy and your flirtin with it. Whats wrong with coming on here and saying if feel confident our team will be better than last years team. I think[size=8pt][/size] that the kids feel encouraged with the new coaching change. We at HJ feel confident that we will now be able to compete with the better teams in our district. We wish everyone luck and for a injury free season.

Buuutt no, you cant talk optimistic and sensible. You come on here and call out wins to the two strongest football teams in 21-3A. Why would you do that? Couldnt you just let the boys play and let the players settle it. Guess not. Well if your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff thats all i can say about that. I wish your kids a good, injury free season.
[/quote]That's a pretty down to earth posts XDOG. +1

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1423741" timestamp="1376355365"]
[quote author=Farmer Frans BFF link=topic=113053.msg1423654#msg1423654 date=1376338403]
Well, he is a Silsbee fan... Why would he ever pick against his home team? Objectively? Have you ever heard him broadcast a Silsbee baseball game? He is a little biased dontcha think???
[/quote]Listened to the AAW broadcast of last year Silsbee-WO-S, the dust bowl I think and I (WOS fan) did not detect any bias.  Thats very difficult to do.
[/quote]

Even if the broadcast displayed a bias, there is no fault in that. He is calling the game for a radio station, school,  and audience that is all in Silsbee.

[quote name="griff" post="1423769" timestamp="1376362703"]
[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=113053.msg1423741#msg1423741 date=1376355365]
[quote author=Farmer Frans BFF link=topic=113053.msg1423654#msg1423654 date=1376338403]
[/quote]

Even if the broadcast displayed a bias, there is no fault in that. He is calling the game for a radio station, school,  and audience that is all in Silsbee.
[/quote]

Thanks griff for that post. I agree that I may show a little bias at times but I still try to be as objective as possible when I do a broadcast. I have praised the opponent many times on good play and effort and I have been critical at times towards my Tigers and have even shown some disappointment in their play, but I will always support my hometown team and believe that it being a Silsbee broadcast, it should have a "maroon" flavor to it. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1423699" timestamp="1376346100"]
[/quote]

Well, it is a Silsbee broadcast, paid for by Silsbee sponsors, so it would stand a reason for a little bit of bias. ::)

I have had many a person (not Silsbee folk) tell me I broadcast without too much "homerism".
[/quote]

AAW calls a good game, no matter what sport. He makes it a point to give credit where credit is due, no matter who it is or what school they play for. It's difficult to fill all the air time during a broadcast without talking about your hometown team but he certainly does his best. I enjoy both his broadcasts and his insight on High School sports both on the radio and on this website. His sarcasm is also the source for many laughs as well. I don't always agree with him but I certainly respect what he has to say.

Rake1

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Farmer Frans BFF" post="1423690" timestamp="1376344402"]
Hey! dont talk about West Texas BarB Que.. Thats good eatin right there... I love that place.... I'll meet ya Fran, BBQ is on me....Then we will sit down afterwards and talk about it.... What do ya say
[/quote]

[s]bedelmon[/s], [s]herefortheparty[/s],[s] tiger tamer[/s], [s]farmer frans bff[/s] I am not a doctor but I will play one here.

I have your diagnosis and you have "Dissociative identity disorder"

Dissociative identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct or split identities or personality states that continually have power over the person's behavior. With dissociative identity disorder, there's also an inability to recall key personal information that is too far-reaching to be explained as mere forgetfulness. With dissociative identity disorder, there are also highly distinct memory variations, which fluctuate with the person's split personality.

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/texasgiant1/media/Dissociative-Identity-Disorder_zpsa7448f88.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p616/texasgiant1/Dissociative-Identity-Disorder_zpsa7448f88.jpg[/img][/U]

[quote name="Rake1" post="1423792" timestamp="1376388132"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=113053.msg1423699#msg1423699 date=1376346100]
[/quote]

Well, it is a Silsbee broadcast, paid for by Silsbee sponsors, so it would stand a reason for a little bit of bias. ::)

I have had many a person (not Silsbee folk) tell me I broadcast without too much "homerism".
[/quote]

AAW calls a good game, no matter what sport. He makes it a point to give credit where credit is due, no matter who it is or what school they play for. It's difficult to fill all the air time during a broadcast without talking about your hometown team but he certainly does his best. I enjoy both his broadcasts and his insight on High School sports both on the radio and on this website. His sarcasm is also the source for many laughs as well. I don't always agree with him but I certainly respect what he has to say.

Rake1
[/quote]

Thanks Rake, that means a lot coming from you. I appreciate it very much.

Reading all of this I am really dreading listening to Edelmon come baseball season also. Will you be better this year prob so. Will you beat Silsbee and WOS NOPE. Not gonna happen. There's a fine line between confidence and crazy and your flirtin with it. Whats wrong with coming on here and saying if feel confident our team will be better than last years team. I think[size=8pt][/size] that the kids feel encouraged with the new coaching change. We at HJ feel confident that we will now be able to compete with the better teams in our district. We wish everyone luck and for a injury free season.

Buuutt no, you cant talk optimistic and sensible. You come on here and call out wins to the two strongest football teams in 21-3A. Why would you do that? Couldnt you just let the boys play and let the players settle it. Guess not. Well if your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff thats all i can say about that. I wish your kids a good, injury free season.
[/quote]

Have you read other peoples post? Silsbee is going to win the State Championship, Rose Bowl and Super Bowl…. You are saying that there is no way in hell HJ could beat Silsbee or WOS…. I am saying there is a good chance it can happen. You honestly think HJ is going to lay down and run the clock out so the big boys don’t put 50 on us? You honestly believe that???? By your logic I’m dumb because I have faith in a new program that DOES have a talented group of kids? Why do you say we cant beat those two respected programs? Cant you just let the boys play and the players settle it??????? You’re a hypocrite….

Buuutt no, you cant talk optimistic and sensible. You come on here and call out wins to the two strongest football teams in 21-3A. Why would you do that? Couldnt you just let the boys play and let the players settle it. Guess not. [u][b]Well if your gonna be dumb[/b][/u], you gotta be tuff thats all i can say about that. I wish your kids a good, injury free season.
[/quote]

Really, this person calls me dumb and my response gets edited.....

I haven't seen where Silsbee fans are predicting to win a state championship. I have however seen where they are predicting to beat HJ. ;)

Me personally, I have no problem with someone supporting their team and having confidence in their teams ability to win games. I think the "over the top, in your face, semi-unrealistic" ways of support demonstrated on here by a few (not just an HJ fan, but a Silsbee fan as well) is what causes some to be critical about that type of support.

I think HJ will be better this season from last year and possibly years to come. But I also believe they will not be good enough to win district 21-3A this season or place in top 3. It is what it is.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Farmer Frans BFF" post="1423837" timestamp="1376403092"]
[quote author=XDOG link=topic=113053.msg1423732#msg1423732 date=1376352387]

[/quote]

Have you read other peoples post? Silsbee is going to win the [b]State Championship, Rose Bowl and Super Bowl[/b]…. You are saying that there is no way in hell HJ could beat Silsbee or WOS…. I am saying there is a good chance it can happen. You honestly think HJ is going to lay down and run the clock out so the big boys don’t put 50 on us? You honestly believe that???? By your logic I’m dumb because I have faith in a new program that DOES have a talented group of kids? Why do you say we cant beat those two respected programs? Cant you just let the boys play and the players settle it??????? You’re a hypocrite….
[/quote]

I do not believe anyone said Silsbee was going to win state.

You need to take his advise!!!

You don't bring a knife to a gunfight and you do not keep putting up bulletin board material for teams [b]that are MORE talented and MORE athletic than your team[/b](Silsbee & WOS)

[quote name="Farmer Frans BFF" post="1423839" timestamp="1376403629"]
[quote author=XDOG link=topic=113053.msg1423732#msg1423732 date=1376352387]

Buuutt no, you cant talk optimistic and sensible. You come on here and call out wins to the two strongest football teams in 21-3A. Why would you do that? Couldnt you just let the boys play and let the players settle it. Guess not. [u][b]Well if your gonna be dumb[/b][/u], you gotta be tuff thats all i can say about that. I wish your kids a good, injury free season.
[/quote]

Really, this person calls me dumb and my response gets edited.....
[/quote]

You were way over the line with your flaming of the poster. You know you were. ::)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1423841" timestamp="1376403814"]
I haven't seen where Silsbee fans are predicting to win a state championship. I have however seen where they are predicting to beat HJ. ;)

Me personally, I have no problem with someone supporting their team and having confidence in their teams ability to win games. I think the "over the top, in your face, semi-unrealistic" ways of support demonstrated on here by a few (not just an HJ fan,[b] but a Silsbee fan as wel[/b]l) is what causes some to be critical about that type of support.

I think HJ will be better this season from last year and possibly years to come. But I also believe they will not be good enough to win district 21-3A this season or place in top 3. It is what it is.
[/quote]

My bad!!  ;D

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1423848" timestamp="1376403978"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=113053.msg1423841#msg1423841 date=1376403814]

Me personally, I have no problem with someone supporting their team and having confidence in their teams ability to win games. I think the "over the top, in your face, semi-unrealistic" ways of support demonstrated on here by a few (not just an HJ fan,[b] but a Silsbee fan as wel[/b]l) is what causes some to be critical about that type of support.

[/quote]

[b]My bad!![/b]  ;D
[/quote]

Actually wasn't speaking of you. ;)

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1423850" timestamp="1376404067"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=113053.msg1423848#msg1423848 date=1376403978]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=113053.msg1423841#msg1423841 date=1376403814]

[/quote]

[b]My bad!![/b]  ;D
[/quote]

Actually wasn't speaking of you. ;)
[/quote]

I know  ;)

You guys are right….. Why should we think that we could even compete with the likes of WOS, Silsbee, and Bridge City….. You’re right, why change anything? We’re just a bunch of no-talent red-necks that thought we could have a little fun on the grid iron. You guys have a great season… Good luck 21-3A, hope everyone has an injury free season… Remember to take it easy on us poor ol HJ Hawks….

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1423898" timestamp="1376414298"]
You guys are right….. Why should we think that we could even compete with the likes of [b]WOS, Silsbee, and Bridge City[/b]….. You’re right, why change anything? We’re just a bunch of no-talent red-necks that thought we could have a little fun on the grid iron. You guys have a great season… Good luck 21-3A, hope everyone has an injury free season… Remember to take it easy on us poor ol HJ Hawks….
[/quote]

You forgot Orangefield!! ;D

Lord, lets this be his farewell address!!  ;D ;D

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/texasgiant1/media/well-bye-gif-6613_zps6ae8e5ff.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p616/texasgiant1/well-bye-gif-6613_zps6ae8e5ff.jpg[/img][/URL]

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1423867" timestamp="1376408742"]
Im the one who said Silsbee will win State (over Abilene Wylie), i said the exact same thing last yr.
[/quote]

Well, Mr. BG, that makes you 0 for 1 in this case, doesn't it. ;D

how can a coach help HJ become a plAyoffs team from a doormate team in one year. I can say last years silsbee 13 point victory will be doubled or more this year. Coaching cant compete when the other team has you out skilled by leaps and bounds at all of the skill positions. With the exception of losing garica, Holmes, and a few others, silsbee is reloading with a even better team.

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1423933" timestamp="1376420382"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=113053.msg1423867#msg1423867 date=1376408742]
Im the one who said Silsbee will win State (over Abilene Wylie), i said the exact same thing last yr.
[/quote]

Well, Mr. BG, that makes you 0 for 1 in this case, doesn't it. ;D
[/quote]yea i guess, aren't you a Silsbee fan? Just curious.

[quote name="BucNasty" post="1424006" timestamp="1376442520"]
how can a coach help HJ become a plAyoffs team from a doormate team in one year. I can say last years silsbee 13 point victory will be doubled or more this year. Coaching cant compete when the other team has you out skilled by leaps and bounds at all of the skill positions. With the exception of losing garica, Holmes, and a few others, silsbee is reloading with a even better team.
[/quote]

Not an HJ homer but they were not a doormat last year. I believe they were in every game for a long time but Silsbee and WOS. Obviously those two are full of much better athletes. Returning almost everyone.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Ty Cobb" post="1424018" timestamp="1376446005"]
Why does every 21-3A thread turn into a Silsbee/HJ pissing match? This crap is getting old. If you boys want to argue about Silsbee/HJ, then start a separate thread and please reserve the 21-3A threads for 21-3A talk.
[/quote]I agree ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine