21 3A Predictions

Guest Farmer Fran

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TigerTamer" post="1422276" timestamp="1375901721"]
I'll tell ya what Radio hand, I'll let you know by Nov 1.... Not because I'm not confident, but because I want to make sure we can put that money in a neutral place before gametime.... I was told by a lawyer that as long as the "house" didnt recieve any money, that a personal bet between two people is legal, but I want to make double sure before I accept such a wager. And also, since you insist on betting money, and all of the folks on here say that Silsbee will beat HJ by at least 70, lets take a poll and see what the "line" on that game will be... Since I'm delusional, and you want to throw out a large sum of money, there needs to be a line.... How confident are you putting up that grand and giving me 21 points?
[/quote]

You keep saying HJ will win the game, why do you need points?

Be a man and take the bet, head up, no points. Put your money where your big mouth is.

[quote name="TigerTamer" post="1422276" timestamp="1375901721"]
I'll tell ya what Radio hand, I'll let you know by Nov 1.... Not because I'm not confident, but because I want to make sure we can put that money in a neutral place before gametime.... I was told by a lawyer that as long as the "house" didnt recieve any money, that a personal bet between two people is legal, but I want to make double sure before I accept such a wager. And also, since you insist on betting money, and all of the folks on here say that Silsbee will beat HJ by at least 70, lets take a poll and see what the "line" on that game will be... Since I'm delusional, and you want to throw out a large sum of money, there needs to be a line.... How confident are you putting up that grand and giving me 21 points?
[/quote]

I have read almost 6 full pages of you saying HJ would beat Silsbee and you ask the man to name his bet. He did and now you want points. That's funny!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="TigerTamer" post="1422334" timestamp="1375907463"]
Really...... That was wrong?
[/quote]

You will soon need to change your username from [s]bedelmon[/s], [s]herefortheparty[/s], and [s]tiger tamer [/s]to Eating Crow

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/dbalge429/media/EatCrow.gif.html][IMG]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/dbalge429/EatCrow.gif[/img][/URL]

I have to say...I sure hope Silsbee can go deep in the playoffs this year and maybe even a state run. I also believe they will go undefeated in district. But...I kind of hope HJ pulls off the unimaginable upset. Why? Because never in history will there have been so many people wrong about a game...including me. I bet HJ's coaching staff doesn't even think they will win. Just a small part of me wants to see it. Although I give it the same chance as us having a blizzard drop 10" inches of snow in 24 hours...

[quote name="Rizon" post="1422404" timestamp="1375917313"]
I have to say...I sure hope Silsbee can go deep in the playoffs this year and maybe even a state run. I also believe they will go undefeated in district. But...I kind of hope HJ pulls off the unimaginable upset. Why? Because never in history will there have been so many people wrong about a game...including me. I bet HJ's coaching staff doesn't even think they will win. Just a small part of me wants to see it. Although I give it the same chance as us having a blizzard drop 10" inches of snow in 24 hours...
[/quote]

I promise you that there is not one coach that doesn't think they can't win..... ;)

[quote name="Rizon" post="1422404" timestamp="1375917313"]
I have to say...I sure hope Silsbee can go deep in the playoffs this year and maybe even a state run. I also believe they will go undefeated in district. But...I kind of hope HJ pulls off the unimaginable upset. Why? Because never in history will there have been so many people wrong about a game...including me. I bet HJ's coaching staff doesn't even think they will win. Just a small part of me wants to see it. Although[size=12pt][b] I give it the same chance as us having a blizzard drop 10" inches of snow in 24 hours...[/b][/size]
[/quote]

HAHAHA Watch what you wish for Rizon...

Southeast Texas has Rough Winters too!
By Judith Linsley
In the earliest days of Texas settlement, promoters touted the mild Southeast Texas winters. Compared to New England, Chicago, or even other parts of Texas, they are; but this area has also had some severe winter weather through the years.
[b]February 13, 1895, brought an epic winter storm to this area. The snowfall was so deep-reports ranged from 28 inches to 3 feet-that the Jefferson County Commissioners' Court recorded it in their minutes book.[/b]
In 1924, a bitter snow, ice, and wind storm on December 20, described by the Port Arthur News as "the worst blizzard that has hit in years," crippled communication, transportation, and power throughout Southeast Texas. The wind blew electrical wires together, overloading circuits and causing power outages in large areas in Port Arthur and Beaumont.
The Interurban, the electric streetcar line that ran between Beaumont and Port Arthur and known to many as the "Antiurban," sent a special car to cut the ice from the power trolley wire. The car took nearly 24 hours to run the 20 miles between Beaumont and Port Arthur. The Eastern Texas Electric Company rerouted buses from other towns to carry some of the passengers.
The ice downed telephone lines, severing communication between Beaumont-Port Arthur and Houston. Western Union telegraph lines were disrupted; operators accepted only messages that could be "indefinitely deferred," because they had no idea when they would actually be delivered.
Worst of all was the loss of hundreds of head of cattle. The previous summer had been a dry one, when marsh fires destroyed much of the range grass, and the undernourished cattle were "in poor condition to stand the freezing blasts."
The 1924 storm paled in comparison to one on January 21, 1935. A blizzard described as "the most severe in the gulf coast area since 1896" pummeled the Beaumont area with sleet, snow, and wind. An estimated 25,000 head of cattle died from exposure in Jefferson, Chambers, Galveston, and Liberty counties. Total losses came to over $250,000. Some herds were reduced by more than 20 percent. Again, the high death rate was partly blamed on poor grazing conditions the previous summer. Not surprisingly, the Texas longhorns in the herds fared the best.
Thousands of dead cattle lay on the beach and in the water between Sabine Pass and Galveston. Cattle always walk with a north wind, so the herds moved south until they walked into the water and drowned, or walked back out of the water and froze. There were few trees in the marsh pastures to shelter them.
A very small number of hides were salvaged from the dead carcasses, but "fallen green hides" of cattle bring very little money. Most of the carcasses were burned, to prevent disease and an unbearable odor from setting in when warm weather returned.
The great storm of 1935 isn't widely recalled today. But those who actually saw miles and miles of dead cattle on Southeast Texas beaches carried the memory with them all their lives.

A line of cows walks down Pearl Street in Beaumont during a 3-foot snowstorm that fell Feb. 13, 1895. The Neches River is in the background. This photograph was probably made from the cupola of the 1892 Jefferson County Courthouse.

[img]http://www.sfasu.edu/heritagecenter/images/1895_snow.jpg[/img]

What????????????? Farmer Fran???????? Coaching staff dont think they can win????????????? This person just belittled the entire HJ Coaching staff and you or your Silsbee cronies dont say a word???????? HYPOCRITES!!!!!!! All of ya!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable.
You guys never cease to amaze me.... Children...... The way you guys talk, Silsbee could beat a D-1 college this year, and they are going to put anywhere from 50-100 on the "Birds" this season.... You put your money where your big mouth is Aggie..... Give me 21 points and I'll take the bet..... You should have nothing to worry about.... Unless your scared.... You want to come out here and throw a big number up for a bet, lets do it the right way, according to your logic, HJ is a round a 21 point underdog.... Lets vote on it, see what the average person thinks the score will be, then give me the difference in points..... I am confident in my Hawks, but I'm not stupid.... Key players get hurt and Im done... Oh, and I have spoken to several members of our coaching staff and they believe HJ can beat anyone...... Our kids believe they can beat anyone...... You see Rizon, if you knew anything about football, you would know that is a major aspect of coaching and motivating..... Believing you can do the unthinkable....... But you dont know anything about the sport, so I would expect a stupid, sensless, childish comment like that to come from someone like you...

I said Silsbee would win, you say HJ will win. I never spoke of by how much Silsbee would win, just that they would win.

Others have thrown out scores but those do not matter to me. You were the one running your mouth about HJ winning, now you want points.

What is it? HJ going to win, or keep it close? You seem to be crawfishing now.

The fact that you would throw out a rediculous number is offensive to me and an insult to our newly rejuvinated program..... Take your bet, your tough guy attitude, and your offensive insinuations and shove'em! You make a great moderator and you are also a very good role model for our kids at HJ to look up to.... The way you guys let our kids know there is no chance for us to win, so why try.... That should be our attitude according to Silsbee Fans logic... Well luckily for us, that attitude got another job..... We will see you in a few weeks......

[quote name="TigerTamer" post="1422633" timestamp="1375984283"]
The fact that you would throw out a rediculous number is offensive to me and an insult to our newly rejuvinated program..... Take your bet, your tough guy attitude, and your offensive insinuations and shove'em! You make a great moderator and you are also a very good role model for our kids at HJ to look up to.... The way you guys let our kids know there is no chance for us to win, so why try.... That should be our attitude according to Silsbee Fans logic... Well luckily for us, that attitude got another job..... We will see you in a few weeks......
[/quote]

That "ridiculous" number is just a show of how confident I am with my team versus yours.

If it will make it easier for you, we can go down to $500 or $100. You choose.

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="TigerTamer" post="1422626" timestamp="1375983332"]
What?????????????[b][b] Farmer Fran???????? Coaching staff dont think they can win????????????? This person just belittled the entire HJ Coaching staff[/b][/b] and you or your Silsbee cronies dont say a word???????? HYPOCRITES!!!!!!! All of ya!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable.
You guys never cease to amaze me.... Children...... The way you guys talk, Silsbee could beat a D-1 college this year, and they are going to put anywhere from 50-100 on the "Birds" this season.... You put your money where your big mouth is Aggie..... Give me 21 points and I'll take the bet..... You should have nothing to worry about.... Unless your scared.... You want to come out here and throw a big number up for a bet, lets do it the right way, according to your logic, HJ is a round a 21 point underdog.... Lets vote on it, see what the average person thinks the score will be, then give me the difference in points..... I am confident in my Hawks, but I'm not stupid.... Key players get hurt and Im done... Oh, and I have spoken to several members of our coaching staff and they believe HJ can beat anyone...... Our kids believe they can beat anyone...... You see Rizon, if you knew anything about football, you would know that is a major aspect of coaching and motivating..... Believing you can do the unthinkable....... But you dont know anything about the sport, so I would expect a stupid, sensless, childish comment like that to come from someone like you...
[/quote]

:o :o
I never said anything about your....eerrr the HJ coaching staff not thinking they could win.
That's good that the bird players can believe they can beat anyone, but the problem is believing and actually doing it is 2 different things.

You and the birds will get your tail feathers ruffled come  November.
Looking forward to you losing that bet with BG and then you will begone for a year.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1422659" timestamp="1375987552"]
[quote author=TigerTamer link=topic=113053.msg1422626#msg1422626 date=1375983332]
What?????????????[b][b] Farmer Fran???????? Coaching staff dont think they can win????????????? This person just belittled the entire HJ Coaching staff[/b][/b] and you or your Silsbee cronies dont say a word???????? HYPOCRITES!!!!!!! All of ya!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable.
[/quote]

I never said anything about your....eerrr the HJ coaching staff not thinking they could win.
That's good that the bird players can believe they can beat anyone, but the problem is believing and actually doing it is 2 different things.

Looking forward to you losing that bet with BG and then you will begone for a year.
[/quote]

No you didnt, but........... you let someone else get by with it..... If I remember correctly that is where our relationship got its rocky start..... Since they are Silsbee fans, you and your girlfriends let it go...... You sir, are a hypocrite.......

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="TigerTamer" post="1422706" timestamp="1375994633"]
[quote author=Farmer Fran link=topic=113053.msg1422659#msg1422659 date=1375987552]
[quote author=TigerTamer link=topic=113053.msg1422626#msg1422626 date=1375983332]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No you didnt, but........... you let someone else get by with it..... If I remember correctly that is where our relationship got its rocky start..... Since they are Silsbee fans, you and your girlfriends let it go...... You sir, are a hypocrite.......
[/quote]

Edelmon, I am not a Moderator or Admin, you must have me confused with someone who gives a rats rear end!!!

I personally do not care what someone say's about HJ.... anymore!!! ;D

Sorry, I didnt realize you were dislexic.... You said in earlier post your problem with me is that I drug David Martel through the mud..... Now someone makes a derrogatory comment about our coaching staff not believing we can beat Silsbee or WOS... Now all of a sudden you dont care.... Your a hypocrite...... Just goes to show your only intention on this site is to ruffle feathers..... Like a child.....

[quote name="TigerTamer" post="1422626" timestamp="1375983332"]
What????????????? Farmer Fran???????? Coaching staff dont think they can win????????????? This person just belittled the entire HJ Coaching staff and you or your Silsbee cronies dont say a word???????? HYPOCRITES!!!!!!! All of ya!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable.
[/quote]

You really take things too personal...I have picked HJ to finish 3rd or 4th in the district. I do not think they are bad and will but much better this year. Here is the problem...Silsbee will be much better as well. Anything can happen and I guess 1895 can happen again. I actually like the offense HJ is going to run this year and I think it is the best opportunity they have to beat teams like Silsbee and WOS with better athletes. Here is the problem though...their defensive line has the potential to win the line of scrimage and win the A and B gaps allowing the linebackers to roam around a little free and not have to worry about all the misdirection. Now...take it easy and relax. You are an adult...stop getting so offended. I'm not here to fight with anyone and you started eveything you are getting on this site by bashing the old coach. As I said before...I kind of hope HJ pulls it off but I don't think it will happen.

You need to take things how hjhawks takes things...

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="TigerTamer" post="1422730" timestamp="1375996906"]
Listen Farm Fanny, I know its probably past your beddy by time so good night, dont let the bedbugs bite....
[/quote]

What's the matter, can not think of anything clever to say?

Stick to coaching pee wee football and save your worthless diatribe for pee wee football threads...maybe you can post some pictures of all those superbowl trophies the lil birds won.

I am sure the new hawk coaches will be so impressed, you will certainly be hired to coach the Hawks dline

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/texasgiant1/media/t5igertamer_zpsdf0979bb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p616/texasgiant1/t5igertamer_zpsdf0979bb.jpg[/img][/URL]

[quote name="BucNasty" post="1422761" timestamp="1376003180"]
[b][u]Hj will get smashed smashed smashed SMASHED by everyone they play[[/u]/b]. They are so use to going in reverse on the win columns a win could close cown the town for a month! The silsbee game is in silsbee too? Could get ugly fast and be over by end of 1St qtr.
[/quote]
HJ will get smashed by everyone they play?  Are you for real or just trying to impress your groupies?

[quote name="mical" post="1422796" timestamp="1376008248"]
[quote author=BucNasty link=topic=113053.msg1422761#msg1422761 date=1376003180]
[b][u]Hj will get smashed smashed smashed SMASHED by everyone they play[[/u]/b]. They are so use to going in reverse on the win columns a win could close cown the town for a month! The silsbee game is in silsbee too? Could get ugly fast and be over by end of 1St qtr.
[/quote]
HJ will get smashed by everyone they play?  Are you for real or just trying to impress your groupies?
[/quote]

Silsbee has their's, HJ has their's.  ;)

I can honestly see at least 5 wins for HJ this season, but one of them will not be against Silsbee.

I agree with AAW. HJ should win 4-5 games and compete for the 4th spot.  I I think Orangefield should take third. Now next year may be a different story. Silsbee will lose a lot and will not be as strong next season. But that is next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin