*Bridge City vs. Huffman-Hargrave Broadcast & Update*/Huffman wins 5-4, advances

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rizon" post="1406083" timestamp="1368930746"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=112061.msg1406081#msg1406081 date=1368930563]
Way to go Falcons. The better team won.
[/quote]

I wish when the playoffs came around everything had to be best of 3. Then the best team would always move on. Do not know a thing about either team here.
[/quote]

I agree.....

[quote name="Rizon" post="1406083" timestamp="1368930746"]
[/quote]

I wish when the playoffs came around everything had to be best of 3. Then the best team would always move on. Do not know a thing about either team here.
[/quote]

Let me help you out. Huffman is still playing, BC is done. The way you detemrine who is better is to have them play. Now you know a little more about the two teams.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1406180" timestamp="1369005096"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=112061.msg1406083#msg1406083 date=1368930746]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Let me help you out. Huffman is still playing, BC is done. The way you detemrine who is better is to have them play. Now you know a little more about the two teams.
[/quote]

Chill out man. I don't know a whole lot about these teams this year (except that BC dominated the #1 team in the state last week), but the weaker team usually chooses a single game instead of a series. Not always the case but that is typical for baseball playoffs.

I don't think anyone knows how a 3 game series would of went, but I would put my money on BC to win it. That comes from a former Huffman baseball player btw.

The best team doesn't always win. ;)

[quote name="89falcon" post="1406180" timestamp="1369005096"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well...even though Huffman won this game I would have a hard time saying Huffman is the better team. Huffman had 1 good inning and they won the game because of it. Great job, but if you want the better team to continue to move on...it should always be a 3 game set. By your logic of the best team because of winning 1 game, I guess the Astros should have won the World Series because they beat the Rangers first game of the season. Now look at them. All I am saying is that anyone can win a 1 game playoff, but the best team will normally win a best of three. Perhaps it is Huffman perhaps not. Great job to them...but I would like to see a best of 3 at all times. But I'm an old timer stuck in his ways of thought.

Good post's..1 gamers have ended BC's season two years in a row..last year BC probably had the best pitching staff in the state & this year they looked poised to make a deep run after giving up 2 runs in 20 innings of playoff baseball.

But one bad inning ended it..there can be no excuses if you lose a 3 game series, the better team wins..it happens all around the state not just to BC, but I just wish UIL would make the change.

Anyways, best of luck to Huffman vs a good Diboll team

The debate has been discussed before and every year the coach will choose what is best for HIS team that year. I doubt anyone argues that the team who wins the state championship is NOT the best team? UIL allows the coaches to agree or "flip" a coin, it can go either way for you. Ultimely you have to have your team prepared to win one game or a series. Yes, one inning can lose it for you, but everybody got the same number of "at bats". I did not see the BC coaches complaining after the game, they sucked it up, shook hands and went about their business. Besides, the State Tounament is a single game and not a series.

I do not believe the best team always wins state. I have seen so many teams ride the arm of one athlete to the title. You still have to be a complete team and get things done with the sticks. No one here is arguing or saying BC should be upset. All I am saying...I would like to see it go to the best of three. Even at the State tournament. You would probably have to extend the tournament to one more weekend. Perhaps UIL hasn't thought of that...much more money would come in. Every other sport is consistent all the way through and it's the same as the entire season. So...baseball and softball need to either go to 1 game or 3. I would prefer best of three...but it should be the same across the board for everyone.

[quote name="itsallabouttheH" post="1406206" timestamp="1369017064"]
The debate has been discussed before and every year the coach will choose what is best for HIS team that year. I doubt anyone argues that the team who wins the state championship is NOT the best team? UIL allows the coaches to agree or "flip" a coin, it can go either way for you. Ultimely you have to have your team prepared to win one game or a series. Yes, one inning can lose it for you, but everybody got the same number of "at bats". I did not see the BC coaches complaining after the game, they sucked it up, shook hands and went about their business. [color=red][b]Besides, the State Tounament is a single game and not a series.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

No the state tournament is not a "series" but you do have to play 2 games in 2 days so it's the exact same thing. Teams riding one guy usully learn that the hard way.

Also as far as 1 bad inning goes that's just baseball, like it or not. Huffman lost out on a call that resulted in a run on a wild pitch that appeared to hit a BC batter. BC really lost out on the bad call at third when the runner left early to score Huffman's first run, BC appealed the call which should have been the 3rd out and left the score 4-0. Instead Huffman did what good teams do and capitalized en route to winning a great game. It's baseball and it happens.

I will add one thing, I have never seen a home plate umpire cut a pitchers warm up tosses in half before the inning starts like they did to Guidry from BC in the 5th. Ump said he was "speeding up the game due to heat", absolutely ridiculous. Each pitcher got the right number of tosses after that inning. Really weird.......

Rake1

[quote name="Rizon" post="1406198" timestamp="1369013298"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=112061.msg1406180#msg1406180 date=1369005096]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well...even though Huffman won this game I would have a hard time saying Huffman is the better team. Huffman had 1 good inning and they won the game because of it. Great job, but if you want the better team to continue to move on...it should always be a 3 game set. By your logic of the best team because of winning 1 game, I guess the Astros should have won the World Series because they beat the Rangers first game of the season. Now look at them. All I am saying is that anyone can win a 1 game playoff, but the best team will normally win a best of three. Perhaps it is Huffman perhaps not. Great job to them...but I would like to see a best of 3 at all times. But I'm an old timer stuck in his ways of thought.
[/quote]

By my logic the team that advances is the better team. Correct me if I am wrong but they both played the same amount of innings and had three outs in each inning? The good thing about playoffs is that the rankings dont matter. The only hypotheticals are in the minds of the teams who lose. Based on head to head information when it mattered the most, Huffman got the job done and BC did not.

I believe that BC rode one arm to the state tournament in the early 1990's.I also think all play-off games should be two out of three unless weather forces other wise.If weather forces teams to flip to see who moves on it seems almost criminal.Weird how the one game system took BC to the tournament one year and possibly prevented them from returning this year.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1406217" timestamp="1369020309"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=112061.msg1406198#msg1406198 date=1369013298]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=112061.msg1406180#msg1406180 date=1369005096]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

By my logic the team that advances is the better team. Correct me if I am wrong but they both played the same amount of innings and had three outs in each inning? The good thing about playoffs is that the rankings dont matter. The only hypotheticals are in the minds of the teams who lose. Based on head to head information when it mattered the most, Huffman got the job done and BC did not.
[/quote]

You really sound like that Homer from HJ. I don't believe one person on here has said Huffman didn't deserve to win or BC was the better team. I've said...and a great majority will agree...a best of three series will almost always have the better team advance. Anyone can win a one game series. I would like to see a best of three the entire playoffs. Not sure why you are getting so offended.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1406307" timestamp="1369064252"]
[quote author=Touchdown22 link=topic=112061.msg1406306#msg1406306 date=1369064188]
Looks like the poll was wrong again about 22-3A. Go 22-3A.
[/quote]

What poll?
[/quote]

YES, what poll?

I am no genius, but he might be talking about the poll started by Critter or he could be talking about the thread "Bridge City vs. Huffman" that said by almost everyone posting that Bridge City would win big.  JMO

I don't think he meant in reference to anything 22 vs 21 - 3A.  Just that because the majority of southeast Texas schools are from district 21 it only makes sense that most people would pick a school from 21-3A to win.

[quote name="Critter" post="1406353" timestamp="1369072814"]
That poll was for that particular game... It said nothing about 21-22.... I wonder if he even voted?  funny how all the new Falcon fans are showing up since the game.  LOL
[/quote]

What new falcon fans? All of us thst have posted in this thread have been members for years. Only one person has tired to stir the pot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder