Legacy baseball disqualified from the TAPPS playoffs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch this really sucks for the young men that didn't have anything to do with this up to and including the 2 in question... The coaches should of known this rule or at least checked the rules when these families joined the Legacy school system... smh again Adults put the screws to young mens dreams... I feel for the Srs on this team...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1402003" timestamp="1367960971"]
I wondered about this happening over there with the new coach. He coached or trained many in this area.
[/quote]

Ok because I do not follow Legacy I have a few questions...

AAW you said it was a new coach... So if a New coach hires in and he has coached any of these young men in the off season the kids who are already on the team make themselves ineligible?

The rule states according to the news article...[b] "A student who transfers to a TAPPS member school shall not be eligible for varsity competition in a sport for a period of one year if a coach in that sport at the new school coached or trained the student on an AAU, select, club, 7 on 7 or similar team during the previous 12 months."[/b]

so were the students in question new transfers or were they old students under a new coach?

They were probably new student/athletes that went to Legacy after new coach arrived. 

Another question I have is, 'What happens to San Antonio St. Gerard that Legacy just beat 7-0 in the previous round.'  That stinks for them that they were eliminated by a team with ineligible players.

And to be honest, I thought this was only a UIL rule used in public schools.  Good for TAPPS for enforcing this kind of rule in the private schools.  Helps level the playing field for other private schools that don't recruit.

When you think about it, what harm is it? They get to recruit anyway..... They are just high school kids like everyone else in the TAPPS program.... I'm guessing some jealous person had a problem with Coach Fack and did what any other jealous parent would have done.....

From what I have been told is the player or player's in question signed the athletic release stating that he played for Fack during the summer. The parent and old school signed off on it. It was then sent to the district and signed off on it then sent to TAPPS where it was then approved by TAPPS. An appeal is supposedly in the process. I don't believe anyone knowing violated any rules. Maybe someone from Legacy can chime in.

The fault in this case is complex.  It was made very clear that the students played summer ball for the coach.
There was no deceit at all.  The district and state TAPPS officials signed off on it months ago.  If there were a problem, it should have been reported then, but it was not.  Therefore, why would anyone believe there to be a problem?  Thus, the coach should not be held accountable, he simply came to the school and trusted the District and the State TAPPS to actually do their jobs of asking questions if certain boxes have check marks. 
Also, I think there might be some sour grapes on the parts of some local folks after the article in the Beaumont Enterprise a week or so ago. 
No one intentionally did anything wrong and if the Legacy Baseball season is over, then it was a great season.  And, now that the staff and faculty is clear about that single rule... it will be followed and Fackler will build a solid squad year in and year out.  He knows baseball and loves players... a quality not found that often in our area!

[quote name="psalm22" post="1402136" timestamp="1367991516"]
The fault in this case is complex.  It was made very clear that the students played summer ball for the coach.
There was no deceit at all.  The district and state TAPPS officials signed off on it months ago.  If there were a problem, it should have been reported then, but it was not.  Therefore, why would anyone believe there to be a problem?  Thus, the coach should not be held accountable, he simply came to the school and trusted the District and the State TAPPS to actually do their jobs of asking questions if certain boxes have check marks. 
Also, I think there might be some sour grapes on the parts of some local folks after the article in the Beaumont Enterprise a week or so ago. 
No one intentionally did anything wrong and if the Legacy Baseball season is over, then it was a great season.  And, now that the staff and faculty is clear about that single rule... it will be followed and Fackler will build a solid squad year in and year out.  He knows baseball and loves players... a quality not found that often in our area!
[/quote]

So your saying that because a T was crossed or an I dotted or a missed boxed checked that TAPPS is NOW going to end their season? after everything was done above board and tried to follow the rules??? something smells fishy here just not sure which direction the smell is coming from....

Is it being reviewed or is Legacy out??

[quote name="psalm22" post="1402136" timestamp="1367991516"]
[u][b]There was no deceit at all. [/b] [/u]  The district and state TAPPS officials signed off on it months ago.  If there were a problem, it should have been reported then, but it was not.  Therefore, why would anyone believe there to be a problem?  Thus, the coach should not be held accountable, he simply came to the school and trusted the District and the State TAPPS to actually do their jobs of asking questions if certain boxes have check marks. 
[/quote]

Not real sure how you can be so certain about these statements. I agree with someone else that said something sure does smell fishy.

Either way KUDOS to TAPPS officials for adopting a smilar rule to the UIL and trying to uphold the integrity of HS sports.

[quote name="BulldawgDad" post="1402192" timestamp="1368021453"]
Really hate this for those kids.

They don't deserve the punishment

Someone needs to be held accountable
[/quote]

No doubt. It seems the kids are the only ones being held accountable at the moment.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1402394" timestamp="1368059859"]
[quote author=IronMike link=topic=111799.msg1402392#msg1402392 date=1368059727]
Looks like Landry is liking this from his tweets.
[/quote]

I noticed that.  ;D
[/quote]

Surely both of you above know what happens when you "assume", it makes you no better than those who earlier in this thread made assumptions based on little to no evidence either way. Unless you have direct knowledge or are directly involved it often pays off in the long run to stay out of the discussion.

Respectfully,
Rake1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine