West Brook to face North Shore at Reliant Stadium

It's a good gesture and all, but it just doesn't sit well with me that West Brook will be giving up a HOME district game to a game basically in NS's back yard.  In district, you strive to get every possible advantage.  The only thing I can think of is you'll get some big time exposure, such as espn or something.  I don't think that's the case.  The  people from Reliant Stadium gave the invitation.  I  think that this could have been done in a pre district game or perhaps be used as a playoff venue.  Maybe West Brook should have declined...

[quote name="bigdog" post="1401545" timestamp="1367805978"]
Ned and PNG did that a couple of years ago with a two game deal trading off with LM and Brenham, but that was non-district.
[/quote] Yes, I remember that, BD.  That's the kind of deal WB should have done.  Key word is nondistrict.  Then, on top of that, the NS game could  be the biggest game of the year for them. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1401537" timestamp="1367804814"]
It's a good gesture and all, but it just doesn't sit well with me that West Brook will be giving up a HOME district game to a game basically in NS's back yard.  In district, you strive to get every possible advantage.  The only thing I can think of is you'll get some big time exposure, such as espn or something.  I don't think that's the case.  The  people from Reliant Stadium gave the invitation.  I  think that this could have been done in a pre district game or perhaps be used as a playoff venue.  Maybe West Brook should have declined...
[/quote]

I tend to agree with you Soulja. Why wasn't this invitation to play at Reliant done last year? This way, no team would lose a home game to the other. They would play there both seasons, one designated the home team each season.

Realignment is every two year, schedules are set for two years. These should be honored.

But, BISD and West Brook had to agree to this change, so it's on them.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1401719" timestamp="1367868383"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=111693.msg1401537#msg1401537 date=1367804814]
[/quote]

I tend to agree with you Soulja. Why wasn't this invitation to play at Reliant done last year? This way, no team would lose a home game to the other. They would play there both seasons, one designated the home team each season.

Realignment is every two year, schedules are set for two years. These should be honored.

But, BISD and West Brook had to agree to this change, so it's on them.
[/quote]

The main reason for the invitation now is based on the fact that Reliant just went out and purchased field turf for all high school and college games to be played on. Only the Texans will play their games on grass while all the other games are played on turf. There will be more invites to follow now that Reliant can accommodate more teams and games without destroying the grass field.

Something I heard a few months ago.

Reliant did this because the Texans are home the first 3 weeks of the high school playoffs.  The only time Reliant will be available for playoff games will be the 4th and 5th rounds this upcoming year. With the new turf for HS games they wanted to get some use out of it so they opened up 4 regular season weekends.

La Marque moved their Sept. 20th game with Lamar Consolidated to Reliant.  It's my understanding they were asked because the La Marque-Coldspring game drew so well last November. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86