Vidor OC Dwayne DuBois has been named AD/HC at Hardin-Jefferson

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1391597" timestamp="1365171452"]
Congrats Coach Dubois.... We are happy to have you! For all you haters out there, Hopefully the "Wing T" will help our no-talent kids win a couple of games... You guys never disappoint, something good finally happens with our progam, and you still "down" our kids... You know, I used to think it was fun to get on here and talk a little trash and you could find good information about other programs, but its just a bunch of senseless crap... You know, a couple of weeks ago, someone told me he felt sorry for my kids because they had a "delusional and inmature father". He didnt even get a warning from you moderators, but I get on here and take up for the kids in this community and get banned! Someone starts a thread about our new coach and the first thing that gets talked about is how the "Wing T" is good for programs with no talent.... So basically what you guys are saying is no matter how good we do now, or over the next years, its because we are running an offense that is perfect for a no-talent, struggling program... Really.....
[/quote]

You need to get over yourself buddy.  I mentioned that the shot t will help overcome lack of athletes because that is exactly what it did for us at HD.  That doesn't mean that we don't have any athletes at all!  If you think I meant that, ride out to HD for a practice in August and I will show you 5-6 kids that would take the spots of 5-6 that you guys are starting at HJ.  What I meant was that when we, HD, got on the field with Alto in mid November, (yes Bedelmon, there is football played in mid November.  I know y'all don't know that at HJ) the slot T leveled the playing field.  Watching Alto warm up, it was obvious that HD was at a disadvantage.  The slot T and heart dang near had us winning that game.  That is why I was so excited when I heard that Coach Huckaby was coming to HD.  I'm not sure what Coach Finney traditionally runs, but I knew what Coach Huckaby was going to run.  I knew it would spell success for us, and it did. 

You are allowed to be excited about the same thing, that is if you aren't so ignorant as to take it as an insult.

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1392071" timestamp="1365281196"]
I kind of feel sorry for coach DuBois, bedelmon is only one of the YOYOs he will have to deal with at HJ LOL
[/quote]I think coach Dubois will be just fine. Every job has it's problems. It's how you deal with them that makes the man. And by no means am I saying that there will or are any problems. Just concerned and dedicated people.

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1392071" timestamp="1365281196"]
I kind of feel sorry for coach DuBois, bedelmon is only one of the YOYOs he will have to deal with at HJ LOL
[/quote]coach Don't feel sorry for coach DuBois he will have tremendous support from the hj community.  Thanks for you intelligent post though.

[quote name="mical" post="1392185" timestamp="1365302263"]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=110805.msg1392071#msg1392071 date=1365281196]
[/quote]coach [b]Don't feel sorry for coach DuBois he will have tremendous support from the hj community[/b].  Thanks for you intelligent post though.
[/quote]^^^^^^^^ I agree.

Sad to see Coach Dubois go...HJ is getting a great man. Don't count completely on him running the slot-t, he has ran other offenses as well. We didn't run it until we saw the success Liberty Hill had with it given the same type of talent base. Gonna be hard to replace him, he's an offensive genius.

Well, I am sad to see Coach DuBois go; he's a great Coach and will be a great mentor to the boys at HJ.  They are getting a class act (not saying the ones before him weren't) and he will do great things over there.  I wish him nothing but success!!

Guest horseshoe
Vidor lost a good one ! He will be missed. From what I hear , Vidor has lost alot of coaches.

*** Does anyone know in Jeff Mathews took the offer from the Dallas school ?

Guest horseshoe
[quote name="robanadana" post="1392371" timestamp="1365426638"]
Sad to see Coach Dubois go...HJ is getting a great man. Don't count completely on him running the slot-t, he has ran other offenses as well. We didn't run it until we saw the success Liberty Hill had with it given the same type of talent base. Gonna be hard to replace him, he's an offensive genius.
[/quote]

Your right robandana , HJ getting DuBois does not neccesarily mean they will be running the slot-T. His son will be coming with him to QB so it could be a possibility since he knows the offense. O- Field is already running it so that would make 2 teams in their district running it. i dont know if thats a good thing. I wish them the best. HJ will be a better team because of this move in coaching

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1392611" timestamp="1365469695"]
[quote author=Quinton Quarrels-Quills-DeSquarius-Green link=topic=110805.msg1392485#msg1392485 date=1365447130]
Vidor lost a good one ! He will be missed. From what I hear , Vidor has lost alot of coaches.

[/quote]
What offer?
[/quote]From Joshua High.....Jeff aint going nowhere.  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1392613" timestamp="1365470029"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=110805.msg1392611#msg1392611 date=1365469695]
[quote author=Quinton Quarrels-Quills-DeSquarius-Green link=topic=110805.msg1392485#msg1392485 date=1365447130]

[/quote]
What offer?
[/quote]From Joshua High.....Jeff aint going nowhere.  ;)
[/quote]
Oh I know. I was just seeing if this guy knew what he was talking about lol.

Jeff isn't going anywhere anytime soon. A lot of people don't understand he thinks of Vidor as "home". His wife is Vidorian, his son Mason is a sophomore and he has probably the best talent base in his career coming up (there are two more Quirantes folks). After that, a [b]GOOD 5A [/b] offer might be in the cards....and I personally wouldn't blame him. (Yes, I just said that). Jeff deserves an Atascocita type offer to finish his career. Then, we'll steal Dubois back from HJ.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1392803" timestamp="1365535852"]
I talk to a HJ player at 7on7 last year. He said their faster player ran a 4.67 40 yard dash. The wing-t is perfect for them. Because no they DONT have the athletes to match up with kids in their district
[/quote]

Our kids will match up with anyone in the district... I'm not saying we are fast, never said that, but we do have some exceptional athletes. Speed doesnt always win over football instinct bra... And its the "slot-t"...

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1392807" timestamp="1365536906"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=110805.msg1392803#msg1392803 date=1365535852]
I talk to a HJ player at 7on7 last year. He said their faster player ran a 4.67 40 yard dash. The wing-t is perfect for them. Because no they DONT have the athletes to match up with kids in their district
[/quote]

Our kids will match up with anyone in the district... I'm not saying we are fast, never said that, but we do have some exceptional athletes. Speed doesnt always win over football instinct bra... And its the "slot-t"...
[/quote]

Matchup with anyone in the district??  :o :o ::)

How did ya'll matchup with all the teams in the district last year, except for HF?? ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

::)  You are beyond delusional.

[/quote]

[b]Our kids will match up with anyone in the district[/b]... I'm not saying we are fast, never said that, but we do have some exceptional athletes. Speed doesnt always win over football instinct bra... And its the "slot-t"...
[/quote] Rosy red & blue glasses with a slight hint of tint.  ::)

We matched up fine last year. Caused Silsbee to fumble 5 times... You see guys, we have had a coach that thought we couldnt learn to run blitzes, or g-blocks, or even cut-blocks. Only ran about 10 different offensive plays.... We are one of the top academic schools in the state and your telling me we cant learn a blitz? I have never believed that. Changes are upon us ladies and you will see how we stack up soon enough. I dont know if ya'll know this, but we just got a FOOTBALL COACH... And he may be bringing 2 more FOOTBALL COACHES with him... But I know this also, we will have the best 11 on the field instead of the best 7 like in years past.... Their will be some names you guys have never heard of... If having faith in a these boys makes me dillusional, then I'm guilty as charged....