• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1387950" timestamp="1363982094"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=110438.msg1387943#msg1387943 date=1363980318]
In BISD, I guess so.
[/quote] What  does that mean, BD?
[/quote]

I don't know anything about this guy, but I would just say his record is unimpressive.  I was responding to Bad Santa's post.  Maybe the people interviewing him saw something that is not reflected in his coaching record.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1387964" timestamp="1363985172"]
I can sense the Jags getting a little nervous  ;D
[/quote]

Both teams are going to have growing pains with new coaches and systems.  Ozen's might be a little more pronouced due to this coach getting a pretty late start on the season.

Amazes me how some people think an established/successful coach would go to BISD.  Not saying you won't get a quality coach i.e. Foreman @ Central.  But, the only thing your gonna get is simeone chasing that first job or someone with an avg to below avg record.  Magee is a good coach needing to fix hisvresume from a stint in a tough place.  8-22 is definitely good enough to land the Ozen job. 

Central will make the PLAYOFF, Ozen i dont know. Central when just this week from 22 guys running track to 80  ' 20-4a remember 9/7 and now a coach that know fooball and the strength coach D. Scott it looks like UT in that wt room, oh it also looks like WOS EAST with twice the players

[quote name="understand" post="1388088" timestamp="1364005328"]
Central will make the PLAYOFF, Ozen i dont know. [b]Central when just this week from 22 guys running track to 80[/b]  ' 20-4a remember 9/7 and now a coach that know fooball and the strength coach D. Scott it looks like UT in that wt room, oh it also looks like WOS EAST with twice the players
[/quote] 22 to 80?  ???

[quote name="understand" post="1388088" timestamp="1364005328"]
Central will make the PLAYOFF, Ozen i dont know. Central when just this week from 22 guys running track to 80  ' 20-4a remember 9/7 and now a coach that know fooball and the strength coach D. Scott it looks like UT in that wt room, oh it also looks like WOS EAST with twice the players
[/quote]
They sure didn't show it at YMBL!!!

Toby had just got there for the ymbl and his kids are not going to every track meet,just doing the workout and i dont know how many will be at district and today i dont know what was transported to LCM but all you have to do is drive by 88 JAG between 310pm- 5pm,so its not 80 varsity alot or 9th and 10th like the 8, 10th graders that started this year in football on the varsity and dont forget CENTRAL is the largest 20-4a school !!!!!!!.

Their is an abundant of talent walking the halls at both Ozen & Central H.S. which never see the playing field via grades, campus recruitment or lack of self-motivation! Some of these kids need more parent involvement and men to invest more into their mental development! Many of them face daily obstacles that most could not even imagine! Hopefully these new Coaches can implement a plan to address these issues because at these inner-city schools a coach has to also become somewhat of a social worker to be successful on the field! I'm not sure if schools such as Nederland, PNG etc. experience as many off the field situations as these aforementioned schools do! JMO Producing quality young men has to be a priority as well! This is not said to degrade or belittle anyone's school, just a reality check. At the end of the day, although I would want to win, my head would be held much higher knowing that I helped many more become successful in life than the championships I've won! IJS

[quote name="JRidge" post="1388204" timestamp="1364044096"]
Their is an abundant of talent walking the halls at both Ozen & Central H.S. which never see the playing field via grades, campus recruitment or lack of self-motivation! Some of these kids need more parent involvement and men to invest more into their mental development! Many of them face daily obstacles that most could not even imagine! Hopefully these new Coaches can implement a plan to address these issues because at these inter-city schools a coach has to also become somewhat of a social worker to be successful on the field! I'm not sure if schools such as Nederland, PNG etc. experience as many off the field situations as these aforementioned school do! JMO Producing quality young men has to be a priority as well! This is not said to degrade or belittle anyone's school, just a reality check. At the end of the day, although I would want to win, my head would be held much higher knowing that I helped many more become successful in life than the championships I've won! IJS
[/quote] Very good post!

Good post Ridge. I pray these new Coaches show that they care. Care means checking grades, knowing the kid personally. If you really Care instill discipline, morals & expect more. Some of these kids don't have dreams outside of SE Texas. Coach, can you see my dream even if I can't? You could if you cared.

[quote name="JRidge" post="1388204" timestamp="1364044096"]
Their is an abundant of talent walking the halls at both Ozen & Central H.S. which never see the playing field via grades, campus recruitment or lack of self-motivation! Some of these kids need more parent involvement and men to invest more into their mental development! Many of them face daily obstacles that most could not even imagine! Hopefully these new Coaches can implement a plan to address these issues because at these inter-city schools a coach has to also become somewhat of a social worker to be successful on the field! I'm not sure if schools such as Nederland, PNG etc. experience as many off the field situations as these aforementioned school do! JMO Producing quality young men has to be a priority as well! This is not said to degrade or belittle anyone's school, just a reality check. At the end of the day, although I would want to win, my head would be held much higher knowing that I helped many more become successful in life than the championships I've won! IJS
[/quote]
Oh so because png or Ned doesn't have the "urban" status like central or Ozen they don't have problems?? They don't go through the same type of high school or situations that kids at Ozen or central do. Get outta here with that stuff man.

Wow.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1388250" timestamp="1364055988"]
[quote author=JRidge link=topic=110438.msg1388204#msg1388204 date=1364044096]
[/quote]
Oh so because png or Ned doesn't have the "urban" status like central or Ozen they don't have problems?? They don't go through the same type of high school or situations that kids at Ozen or central do. Get outta here with that stuff man.

Wow.
[/quote]  I gathered something a little different here.  I think he said it happens more often at inner city schools vs suburban schools. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1388287" timestamp="1364065158"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=110438.msg1388250#msg1388250 date=1364055988]
[quote author=JRidge link=topic=110438.msg1388204#msg1388204 date=1364044096]
[/quote]

Wow.
[/quote]  I gathered something a little different here.  I think he said it happens more often at inner city schools vs suburban schools.
[/quote]
So because a school is located in the "inner city" they automatically face issues that schools not in the "inner city" would not face. Is that what he was saying??

I'm not here to be argumentative as some may be, I simply believe that there are similar problems in every school whether it be inner city or suburbs, but many of my caucasion friends have experienced a much different up bringing than my afro-american one's! I've experienced going to school in a predominately black school as well as predominately white and although some kids experiences are similar, most often the situation is much more challenging an different in several of the predominately black house holds & schools! I have witnessed kids in both types of schools who had to worry about their lights, gas or water being on when they reached home! Some did not know where there next meal would come from and/or having minimal clothes to wear are even having to baby sit because their Mom had to work two jobs or odd jobs to provide! This is what alot of Coaches will often face in the inner ciy and this is why possessing social work skills could be advantages to their wins & losses as well as character development and a childs overall success! I don't expect everyone to understand this or even agree because its hard sometimes to speak on somethings we lack experience of! Once again Just My Opinion! 

JRidge that was deep and in depth. all of the area good coaches ( Neumann, Harrison, Matthews, Hooks, etc.) did not start off the first two or three years of their coaching careers going two or three rounds deep into the playoffs. so with that being said, lets give coach Magee a chance and see what happens. just my opinion. go panthers !!

[quote name="JRidge" post="1388301" timestamp="1364068511"]
I'm not here to be argumentative as some may be, I simply believe that there are similar problems in every school whether it be inner city or suburbs, but many of my caucasion friends have experienced a much different up bringing than my afro-american one's! I've experienced going to school in a predominately black school as well as predominately white and although some kids experiences are similar, most often the situation is much more challenging an different in several of the predominately black house holds & schools! I have witnessed kids in both types of schools who had to worry about their lights, gas or water being on when they reached home! Some did not know where there next meal would come from and/or having minimal clothes to wear are even having to baby sit because their Mom had to work two jobs or odd jobs to provide! This is what alot of Coaches will often face in the inner ciy and this is why possessing social work skills could be advantages to their wins & losses as well as character development and a childs overall success! I don't expect everyone to understand this or even agree because its hard sometimes to speak on somethings we lack experience of! Once again Just My Opinion!
[/quote]
I see what your saying man and IMO it's a load of crap. Don't give me that stuff about black kids have it harder cuz this and that. Poverty isn't just a problems of the black people man.

Smh.........

Pathetic.......

(I repect your opinion, but watch the language)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1388330" timestamp="1364078822"]
[quote author=JRidge link=topic=110438.msg1388301#msg1388301 date=1364068511]
[/quote]
I see what your saying man and IMO it's a load of crap. Don't give me that stuff about black kids have it harder cuz this and that. Poverty isn't just a problems of the black people man.

Smh.........

Pathetic.......

[/quote]I think you have it all wrong.  He's saying that the issues that he's explained most likely and most of the time happens in inner city vs suburban schools.  He didn't say it NEVER happens in suburban or predominantly white schools.  It's the same that can be said that there are other kinds of obstacles that most likely, a suburban kid will have to overcome vs an inner city kid. 

Never said it was only black people who have it hard, maybe you did not understand my statement! I said it was more prevalent in the inner city schools (Ozen, Central!) Such angry, agressive rebuttal, I hope I did not turn up any past issues that have upset you! I'm not saying I'm right nor am I'm saying you're right, I simply stated my opinion through my past & present experiences! I'm about building character not tearing one down so you may be responding to the wrong person or post in that type of harsh manner! Even though baby roosters & hens are poultry there is still a difference! SMH

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1388330" timestamp="1364078822"]
[quote author=JRidge link=topic=110438.msg1388301#msg1388301 date=1364068511]
[/quote]

Smh.........

Pathetic.......

(I repect your opinion, but watch the language)
[/quote]
This thread is about Ozen's new coach. Dude was expressing his views on what its going to take for Coach Magee to be successful at Ozen. Ozen is predominantly black and his statements were tailored toward that fact. Nobody gives a damn that you don't agree. If you want to talk about the issues of the white players in Vidor, then start your own damn thread about their plight.