Bobcatfan4life

Kelly Hires Mike Long as new Head Coach

2 hours ago, TheOutsider said:

Yes, he was a success. Coach Smith is a great guy and coach.

without a doubt.  that was a tongue in cheek remark directed at a certain poster who's determined that any coach who doesn't win a state championship within 7 years is an abject failure for all time.  

7 hours ago, sooner said:

Yes, I understand your point.  But, we are talking about major D1 universities that are ready to award him a scholarship to play for their program and we keyboard masters are saying he cant do the same for a highschool in the area?  No matter the classification, the kid was AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP to play college football.  Let's try to make sense guys.  

Hasn't been "awarded" anything.

Verbal offers are non binding and may not be committable when the time comes.

On 5/17/2022 at 8:39 AM, 2wedge said:

Is this the same Jason Smith that once was the owner of a Beaumont based semi pro football team? Circa 2003 or 2004?

No . That was Jason Hoffpauir AKA Smith AKA Paul Smith. He wasn't the owner and he is now doing time in a Florida prison for fraud

18 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Hasn't been "awarded" anything.

Verbal offers are non binding and may not be committable when the time comes.

Verbal or on paper....... You guys need to understand that when a D1 has this type of interest in a kid at 15 years old, they believe he will develop into quite the trigger man.  And we're not talking about one university.  We are talking about 12 who are looking at him hard and heavy.  Lets all remember that our opinions don't carry near the weight as those who are doing the recruiting.

10 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

No . That was Jason Hoffpauir AKA Smith AKA Paul Smith. He wasn't the owner and he is now doing time in a Florida prison for fraud

Geez. I'd like to say I am surprised by that outcome, but I am not. 

1 hour ago, sooner said:

Verbal or on paper....... You guys need to understand that when a D1 has this type of interest in a kid at 15 years old, they believe he will develop into quite the trigger man.  And we're not talking about one university.  We are talking about 12 who are looking at him hard and heavy.  Lets all remember that our opinions don't carry near the weight as those who are doing the recruiting.

All offers at this point are verbal.

17 hours ago, Chester86 said:

Don’t they have a very successful assistant that took his team to the playoffs almost every year of his lengthy head coaching career?

No post about potential replacement for Coach Smith.  All about the Kelly/WB/Silsbee/Carthage/Alabama QB.  😂🤣😂

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

No post about potential replacement for Coach Smith.  All about the Kelly/WB/Silsbee/Carthage/Alabama QB.  😂🤣😂

What's your list?

Who wants this job?

Best player is transferring.

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

What's your list?

Who wants this job?

Best player is transferring.

I’ve no list.  Just interesting that potential replacements aren’t mentioned.  Perhaps there are none?  Regardless, for the kids sake I hope they get a good one.

3 hours ago, sooner said:

Does anyone know where Larry is actually coaching or if he did finally retire?

I talked to his son at a Super Bowl party a few months ago, and I think he said he retired, but I’m not 100% sure. 

20 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Is he still up at Kirbyville helping out?

Kirbyville is looking for an Offensive Coordinator, so I assume Larry is no longer there.

Would be a good spot for a guy like Larry.

5 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

Kirbyville is looking for an Offensive Coordinator, so I assume Larry is no longer there.

Would be a good spot for a guy like Larry.

Kelly would be a good spot ?  I agree

On 5/21/2022 at 3:25 PM, wbfan said:

Brook with Jenkins under center has a shot at a championship if he keeps getting better and develops into the 4 or 5 star recruit everyone thinks he will be in a few years.

Ehh still behind your traditional powers like North Shore, Katy, ETC…

On 5/21/2022 at 3:25 PM, wbfan said:

Brook with Jenkins under center has a shot at a championship if he keeps getting better and develops into the 4 or 5 star recruit everyone thinks he will be in a few years.

Gonna take a lot more than a 4-5 star QB for West Brook to win a 6A title