Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist

Indianforever

1 hour ago, GronkIfYourHorne said:

Could be his son.

If PNG was going to hire somebody from Katy ISD it should be Paetow's coach BJ Gotte. I think he's going to have a similar run to Brad Butler's at Shadow Creek before Katy ISD breaks up the school to support the growth in the area and Paetow regresses. Might have some Ricky Tullos on him after that. 

Jeff Joseph is the Joseph they're talking about. Son of  Katy's Gary Joseph. He's currently at Southlake Carroll. Former Austin Westlake Defensive Coordinator. Left there to become a graduate assistant at Texas A&M before becoming the defensive coordinator at Magnolia West. Left coaching and was the VP of Big Kat Waste Solutions. It's his first year at SLC I believe.  

On 1/31/2022 at 9:06 PM, Reagan said:

This is an interesting statement.  Care to elaborate?  

My father was on the staff, and I was on the practice field and sideline every practice and game.

You can say I was pretty close to the program during the Malone years.

He caught lightening in a bottle in 89.   Teams like Consolidated, and LaMarque throughout the 90’s (up until 99) woulda been hard for PNG to get past.

Not sure what makes you think differently.   Other than any decent coach should win a state title within 7 years, which is not accurate or based in reality.

22 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

My father was on the staff, and I was on the practice field and sideline every practice and game.

You can say I was pretty close to the program during the Malone years.

He caught lightening in a bottle in 89.   Teams like Consolidated, and LaMarque throughout the 90’s (up until 99) woulda been hard for PNG to get past.

Not sure what makes you think differently.   Other than any decent coach should win a state title within 7 years, which is not accurate or based in reality.

You are right:  There's not that many championship type coaches out there.  If you can't win one in 7 years of building your program then what makes you think another 7 will do the trick?  It has happened before but ii's rare.  As always -- it's where one sets the bar:  High or low!  When one sets the bar low, then one uses language like "not based in reality!"  I'm sure Dodge, Buchanan, Surratt and Briles do not use this type of language!  Why?  They have their bar set high!  Learn from it!!

3 minutes ago, Reagan said:

You are right:  There's not that many championship type coaches out there.  If you can't win one in 7 years of building your program then what makes you think another 7 will do the trick?  It has happened before but ii's rare.  As always -- it's where one sets the bar:  High or low!  When one sets the bar low, then one uses language like "not based in reality!"  I'm sure Dodge, Buchanan, Surratt and Briles do not use this type of language!  Why?  They have their bar set high!  Learn from it!!

You are so delusional and unrealistic, it’s damn near impossible to have a conversation with you.   

Only 1 team in a division wins it every year.   At the start of the year, each division has around 5-8 teams that have a realistic chance.

Sometimes making the 3rd round, or state quarterfinals with the talent you are coaching is in itself a great feat.

if you think any coach is gonna go to PNG, and beat the current talent Crosby has had, or a program like Aledo, you don’t know the game of football.

Dodge didn’t win state at Marble Falls, or Cameron Yoe.   Didn’t even get close.   Why is that?

Surratt isn’t going to Hamshire-Fannett and going to win state, why is that?

When I go to watch a high school football game, I usually try to stand along a fence by the track to avoid ppl like you in the stands. Don’t have a clue, but boy, you have all the answers from row 32, seat C.

1 minute ago, MackLewis said:

You are so delusional and unrealistic, it’s damn near impossible to have a conversation with you.     HA!

Only 1 team in a division wins it every year.   At the start of the year, each division has around 5-8 teams that have a realistic chance.   Your Opinion!

Sometimes making the 3rd round, or state quarterfinals with the talent you are coaching is in itself a great feat.   You think it's all about the talent and not the coaching.  OK, your opinion!

if you think any coach is gonna go to PNG, and beat the current talent Crosby has had, or a program like Aledo, you don’t know the game of football.    I've seen PNG in the past beat teams that had "better" talent.  Talk to some one about PNG playing Kashmere In the Dome and get back with me.  Oh, and BTW, I might would throw Galveston Ball in there also.  I would also say that Odessa Permian had "better" talent than PNG when they lost the State game to the Indians.

Dodge didn’t win state at Marble Falls, or Cameron Yoe.   Didn’t even get close.   Why is that?    Cameron: There 2 years.   Marble Falls:  There 2 years.       Not there long enough.  Elite coaches aren't one trick ponys.  It takes time.  If one doesn't understand this by now, then I do have my job cut our for me!

Surratt isn’t going to Hamshire-Fannett and going to win state, why is that?  Man -- this is a wild assumption on your part.  You think they may have been saying the something at Carthage before Surratt got there?  How about Stephenville before Briles got there.  Brownwood owed that district before Briles got there.  How about Aledo?  In the previous 50 years before Buchanan got there, they had "4" times that they won over 10 games.  Now look at them!!  So, yes, I'd say Surratt could eventually win state at Hampshire!  

When I go to watch a high school football game, I usually try to stand along a fence by the track to avoid ppl like you in the stands. Don’t have a clue, but boy, you have all the answers from row 32, seat C.     BTW -- standing on the track one can't get an overall picture of what's actually happening.    LOL!!

6 hours ago, MackLewis said:

You are so delusional and unrealistic, it’s damn near impossible to have a conversation with you.   

Only 1 team in a division wins it every year.   At the start of the year, each division has around 5-8 teams that have a realistic chance.

Sometimes making the 3rd round, or state quarterfinals with the talent you are coaching is in itself a great feat.

if you think any coach is gonna go to PNG, and beat the current talent Crosby has had, or a program like Aledo, you don’t know the game of football.

Dodge didn’t win state at Marble Falls, or Cameron Yoe.   Didn’t even get close.   Why is that?

Surratt isn’t going to Hamshire-Fannett and going to win state, why is that?

When I go to watch a high school football game, I usually try to stand along a fence by the track to avoid ppl like you in the stands. Don’t have a clue, but boy, you have all the answers from row 32, seat C.

You are so delusional and unrealistic, it’s damn near impossible to have a conversation with you.     HA!

Only 1 team in a division wins it every year.   At the start of the year, each division has around 5-8 teams that have a realistic chance.   Your Opinion!

Sometimes making the 3rd round, or state quarterfinals with the talent you are coaching is in itself a great feat.   You think it's all about the talent and not the coaching.  OK, your opinion!

if you think any coach is gonna go to PNG, and beat the current talent Crosby has had, or a program like Aledo, you don’t know the game of football.    I've seen PNG in the past beat teams that had "better" talent.  Talk to some one about PNG playing Kashmere In the Dome and get back with me.  Oh, and BTW, I might would throw Galveston Ball in there also.  I would also say that Odessa Permian had "better" talent than PNG when they lost the State game to the Indians.

Dodge didn’t win state at Marble Falls, or Cameron Yoe.   Didn’t even get close.   Why is that?    Cameron: There 2 years.   Marble Falls:  There 2 years.       Not there long enough.  Elite coaches aren't one trick ponys.  It takes time.  If one doesn't understand this by now, then I do have my job cut our for me!

Surratt isn’t going to Hamshire-Fannett and going to win state, why is that?  Man -- this is a wild assumption on your part.  You think they may have been saying the something at Carthage before Surratt got there?  How about Stephenville before Briles got there.  Brownwood owed that district before Briles got there.  How about Aledo?  In the previous 50 years before Buchanan got there, they had "4" times that they won over 10 games.  Now look at them!!  So, yes, I'd say Surratt could eventually win state at Hampshire!  

When I go to watch a high school football game, I usually try to stand along a fence by the track to avoid ppl like you in the stands. Don’t have a clue, but boy, you have all the answers from row 32, seat C.     BTW -- standing on the track one can't get an overall picture of what's actually happening.    LOL!!

22 minutes ago, Razor said:

The guy you wanna fire every 7 years is

Win a state Championship and they have nothing to worry about.   Why pay big bucks for something less?  Their goal is a State Title every year.  So why shouldn't it be everyone else?!  How do you react when a contractor is, or someone that works for you, doesn't do what's expected?  One should be like 95% of all people and find someone else!  Sometimes we need to connect the dots.  

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Who will be the new Chief of PNG?/Jeff Joseph named lone finalist