Beaumont United 19 Montgomery 23/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

16 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And let it be known in this loss, we can't blame the coaches.  Our players unfortunately fouled this one up...  Center snaps high, players fumbling at inopportune times.  Players not staying inbounds when you're trying to milk the clock.  Dumb holding calls at inopportune times...  No wait.  We did habe a delay of game penalty on our last drive.  Not sure if that was on the players or coaches...  I'm just done at this point.  

Sounds like those players weren't prepared to win! Who's job is it to remind the player to stay inbounds? Who 's job is it to teach blocking techniques so the player isn't holding? Who installed that long drown out way of getting the play in? Where is the @BMTSoulja1 that was calling coach Washington and his coordinators out every week? Just like winning, losing can become habitual. It starts at the head.

From outside looking in what I saw watching game on the computer is that United has a good team. These are pre-distric games and both opponents were play- off teams that United played tuff. Obviously there's work to do but that's what pre district is all about. This team has enough talent to catch fire going forward!   Good luck !

53 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Sounds like those players weren't prepared to win! Who's job is it to remind the player to stay inbounds? Who 's job is it to teach blocking techniques so the player isn't holding? Who installed that long drown out way of getting the play in? Where is the @BMTSoulja1 that was calling coach Washington and his coordinators out every week? Just like winning, losing can become habitual. It starts at the head.

i have to agree with you.  Again, I saw BU play against PNG.  Coaching was horrendous.  So, why would the next week be any different?   Is it going to be any different than it was when the coach went 0-30?

6 hours ago, Razor said:

the definition of "bad coaching" would be to put a kid under center if he had never practiced that...not sure if this is the case at BU, but sounds like it may be...you cannot, especially in a critical moment, call on players to do things that they have not worked on

I can agree with this, not trying to bad mouth a coach because there job is hard enough. I do question as to why, be 1 dimensional and not be prepared to huddle under center for situations as running out the clock or on the 1 yard line etc... If I need a yard,why would I start 3-5 yard's behind the line of scrimmage?

17 hours ago, Razor said:

the definition of "bad coaching" would be to put a kid under center if he had never practiced that...not sure if this is the case at BU, but sounds like it may be...you cannot, especially in a critical moment, call on players to do things that they have not worked on

I can agree with this, not trying to bad mouth a coach because there job is hard enough. I do question as to why, be 1 dimensional and not be prepared to huddle under center for situations as running out the clock or on the 1 yard line etc... If I need a yard,why would I start 3-5 yard's behind the line of scrimmage?

As I stated earlier coaching is difficult enough, especially when you have parents that try to coach from bleachers and kids that don't execute the game plan. I don't have a kid playing but I have been on the other side (coaching) you have to have thick skin take constructive criticism and learn from possible mistakes,that in my opinion is what makes a good coach.

On 9/10/2021 at 9:46 AM, Cougtalk said:

just asking do yall snap from under center? I know Crosby never snaps from center so if you don't do it you basically have no choice but shotgun. 

Not real sure if that is that is the case all the time, but if so,what's wrong practicing under center for occasions like this or goal line situations. just asking?

Just now, rc2182 said:

Not real sure if that is that is the case all the time, but if so,what's wrong practicing under center for occasions like this or goal line situations. just asking?

It’s likely just going to add complexity to a snapper/center, and even if you practice game time execution versus practice execution. 

it’s a choice do you spend time on QB/C snapping the ball in a corner for 10 minutes a practice for one play or do you have the QB throw 20 more routes, or the center get 20 more shotgun snaps. 

everything is an opportunity cost because you have practice time limits. 

15 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

It’s likely just going to add complexity to a snapper/center, and even if you practice game time execution versus practice execution. 

it’s a choice do you spend time on QB/C snapping the ball in a corner for 10 minutes a practice for one play or do you have the QB throw 20 more routes, or the center get 20 more shotgun snaps. 

Ok, that makes sense , I just was looking at it as just you should be prepared for any and everything but to the coaches defense I think he had his backup QB in so may not have had time to work on other things, thanks for the clarity.

On 9/9/2021 at 9:47 PM, rc2182 said:

Agreed but with the one when they fumbled while running the clock that's on coaches QB should have been under center if I am not mistaken we were in shotgun, the little things

Not accustom to winning, so that wonderful coaching staff does not practice a victory formation!!! Just saying since i'm at 90% of the practices. Let me not jump the gun, they may practice that in the period!!!🤥

On 9/9/2021 at 9:46 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

And let it be known in this loss, we can't blame the coaches.  Our players unfortunately fouled this one up...  Center snaps high, players fumbling at inopportune times.  Players not staying inbounds when you're trying to milk the clock.  Dumb holding calls at inopportune times...  No wait.  We did habe a delay of game penalty on our last drive.  Not sure if that was on the players or coaches...  I'm just done at this point.  

We have two weeks to correct the unfortunate mishaps of the players since it was their fault!! Hopefully they can have a players only meeting  and fix the issues or they can call up their pee wee coaches to help them out!!!😥

On 9/10/2021 at 12:15 AM, bmtqj33 said:

Well I’ve been quiet to long!!!!!

Anyone that knows me know I’m a supporter of the school in the pear-orchard. First off How a 0-30 coach even get a phone call let alone an Application(Mr. AD) second/ I’ve been supporting this school for over 20 years and I’m trying to figure out why the same assistant coaches are being recycled!!! Don’t get me wrong not all but they know who they are. And they know who I am!! It’s a shame that these kids have to go threw this year after year. I know coaches don’t play one down but at least put the kids in the position to be successful!!!

As for the (AD) you knew this man was not the person for the head coach position based off his résumé!!! There for You need to explain your reasons for the pick!! And if you didn’t know he showed you a 5-5 season last year he tried to leave for a New head coaching position in the same District (how dumb)!!

And at the end of the day our team is going to Reflect The head coach!!!

I support kids and that will never stop!!! The reasons the for recycling assistant coaches is that BISD signs two different contracts unlike most districts. Meaning if you quit coaching football you just lose that stipend but you can continue to teach your sped, pe or health class. Most of those positions are coaching spots in other districts. Most districts do not put an asst head coach in the classroom nor the coordinators in a classroom so they can have ample time to prepare but BISD does not do that. So with that said, you cant run off an asst  if hes doing a good job in the classroom and you cant bring a new one in if there is no spot for him to teach!! Trust me the recycled asst coaches is not the problem!!! They can only do what they are told and be held accountable for what the are told to be accountable for. If HC doesn't run a tight ship its on him. You cant recruit new coaches via twitter and Facebook!! Middle school feeder school had 12 kids on the team last week and the best kid out of the 12 not coming to BU!!! Just saying

On 9/10/2021 at 6:22 AM, CougarCal said:

It seems like a lot of Football coaches leave that school district.  Does it happen in other sports or just football?

Not at all, BU basketball team just won state and has a coach in waiting that has a proven track record not 0-33!!!

The other auxiliary sports at BU suck besides track!! Football coaches coaching other sports just for stipends no concern for winning at all. Its not the coaches fault they making money!!!

On 9/10/2021 at 9:33 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

@bmtqj33 and @Yeoj , THIS loss wasn’t on the coaches…

So when a kid has a pick six its not the coaches? I know i see the secondary coaches going over how to block or not block on a pick. Every aspect of a game comes down to the coach whether its the position coach or the HC!! their teenagers that want direction and want to be coached up. BU had 2-3 players out in the secondary but they accounted for 12 points on a pick and a short field. I know they got toasted near the end of the game but they were coached up in just one day of prep wk since we think its ok to take a 2 hr trip on a Thursday. I can just speak on mine, the DB and safety coaches has developed mine and will continue bc he has built a lifetime relationship with them. They both played at a high level in college so i know he will need some advice from them!!  COACHES must be held accountable!! 

19 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Its called pre practice or after practice!! coaches must be willing to put in a lil extra time for success.

1 hour ago, jag86 said:

We have two weeks to correct the unfortunate mishaps of the players since it was their fault!! Hopefully they can have a players only meeting  and fix the issues or they can call up their pee wee coaches to help them out!!!😥

I’m a BU fan just as much as the rest of them, and I know your son is a baller and puts in work.  Props to him.  But the last game, PNG, was old coaching and I was just as irate as anyone else on that game.  This Montgomery game to me seems 5% the coach’s fault.  Don’t know if you were being sarcastic or not, but I agree with your statement that an all players only meeting need to be called and there needs to be a coming to Jesus moment.  We need to show a sense of urgency in practice for 2 weeks and these players need to hold themselves accountable.  The coaches are not off the hot seat.  Because the horrible coaching that showed in the PNG game can bear its ugly head again, which at that point would NOT be forgivable.  

2 hours ago, jag86 said:

That wouldn't be a bad idea, That can only help with team unity and accountability perhaps your son can make that suggestion or head the meeting being he is one of if not the key players on the team .

21 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I’m a BU fan just as much as the rest of them, and I know your son is a baller and puts in work.  Props to him.  But the last game, PNG, was old coaching and I was just as irate as anyone else on that game.  This Montgomery game to me seems 5% the coach’s fault.  Don’t know if you were being sarcastic or not, but I agree with your statement that an all players only meeting need to be called and there needs to be a coming to Jesus moment.  We need to show a sense of urgency in practice for 2 weeks and these players need to hold themselves accountable.  The coaches are not off the hot seat.  Because the horrible coaching that showed in the PNG game can bear its ugly head again, which at that point would NOT be forgivable.  

Dude stop! These are teenage kids, not grown men getting paid to play football. No way in hell should they be allowed to have a players only meeting. Fact is Graham seems like a good person, but as a football coach is horrible. I'm not taking a shot at him. I'm judging by his resume (record). Have you been to a United practice this season? I have. Nothing about dude screams sense of urgency. Plus we're three games into the season and now you want the head coach to get urgent? Your whole post is contradicting itself.

On 9/12/2021 at 7:29 AM, jag86 said:

I support kids and that will never stop!!! The reasons the for recycling assistant coaches is that BISD signs two different contracts unlike most districts. Meaning if you quit coaching football you just lose that stipend but you can continue to teach your sped, pe or health class. Most of those positions are coaching spots in other districts. Most districts do not put an asst head coach in the classroom nor the coordinators in a classroom so they can have ample time to prepare but BISD does not do that. So with that said, you cant run off an asst  if hes doing a good job in the classroom and you cant bring a new one in if there is no spot for him to teach!! Trust me the recycled asst coaches is not the problem!!! They can only do what they are told and be held accountable for what the are told to be accountable for. If HC doesn't run a tight ship its on him. You cant recruit new coaches via twitter and Facebook!! Middle school feeder school had 12 kids on the team last week and the best kid out of the 12 not coming to BU!!! Just saying

Almost all districts have the coaches in a classroom or as a PE coach with the exception of the HC/AD.   I don't think they have an option on that.