Hull-Daisetta vs Hardin

Well, a banged up HD heads into Hardin on their homecoming. HD has been without their starting QB, FB and a few lineman for a few weeks now, not good anytime, especially when playing bigger schools with depth like Hardin (3A D-1). HD came out flat vs a really good team in Somerville, it wasn't pretty. HD can only improve from the dismal showing, that lacked energy, effort and grit. 

Hardin 32

HD 12 (if HD plays like last week....) Hope HD wins!

13 hours ago, bd04 said:

I think HD wins this one. I really don’t think HD came out flat against Somerville. They just played a better team. Hopefully QB will be back.  If so , it should be a good game. If HD O-line can give Victorian some room he will give Hardin fits. 

i can see a 29-27 game with HD winning. 

Bubba, have you watched any football lol? You can see when a team has no energy and lacks effort, HD was not that attacking and energized team it has been in the past... Could have been the Wednesday injury to the starting QB and the lineman injury same day at practice, took the air out of them.... But they definitely came out flat and played a Somerville playoff team. 

On 8/31/2021 at 8:20 AM, JohnRuthDomergue said:

Bubba, have you watched any football lol? You can see when a team has no energy and lacks effort, HD was not that attacking and energized team it has been in the past... Could have been the Wednesday injury to the starting QB and the lineman injury same day at practice, took the air out of them.... But they definitely came out flat and played a Somerville playoff team. 

😊😊 I watched the game. And I honestly didn’t see a flat HD team . I saw an HD team that was clearly outmatched  by a better Somerville team. Again had they of had their QB, they may have score a couple of more TD’s but the O-line had no answer for Somerville. 

Guest mrtomcat
27 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Maybe the first time in history that Hardin is heavily favored over HD on this board. Sad times. 

I blame it on Biden.   Poor oil driven economy which has reduced the amount of HD transfers, which then results in a dried up HD population, which then results in being an underdog to folk that have ZERO speed and skill.

2 hours ago, mrtomcat said:

I blame it on Biden.   Poor oil driven economy which has reduced the amount of HD transfers, which then results in a dried up HD population, which then results in being an underdog to folk that have ZERO speed and skill.

This was going on long before Biden took office. The program began a downward spiral somewhere around 2005 ish. 

2 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

This was going on long before Biden took office. The program began a downward spiral somewhere around 2005 ish. 

Totally disagree, what an asinine comment,  HD has 14 playoff appearances since 2000, the majority of those years HD won their District Championship. I’d say that is definitely not a downward spiral lol, admittedly not great, but not below average… HD has never been that great, probably since their last State Championship, maybe good at times, so downward spiral, no…