CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL

44 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

LOL, there’s not one area 5A school that jump up to 6A and have a lot of success. 6A is way different football. Ask your Titans after combining 3 high schools, PA got knocked around, and then they dropped to 5A and can’t get out first round now. Lol

Got out the first round the first 2 years in it then got paired with that beast 10-5A D1 after the regime change, but anywho, quick question: what were the records of BH lower levels in football last season? 

31 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Got out the first round the first 2 years in it then got paired with that beast 10-5A D1 after the regime change, but anywho, quick question: what were the records of BH lower levels in football last season? 

We talking 6A. Your guy said we gonna get knocked around in 6A. I’m saying so would the rest of the area 5A teams if they moved up. I don’t keep up with lower level teams, just varsity. I guess you’re going to tell me?😂

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

LOL, there’s not one area 5A school that jump up to 6A and have a lot of success. 6A is way different football. Ask your Titans after combining 3 high schools, PA got knocked around, and then they dropped to 5A and can’t get out first round now. Lol

Aht Aht Aht.  3 3rd round appearances and 1 semifinal in then 5A.  2 3rd round exist against Temple after dropping but again, what had BH done the last 40 years?  Any region 3 championships in football?  No.  So with all that growth, more weeds vs green, green grass.......

And, a victory against NS in PA before the turf.  Who has Barbara's Hill beaten of note????

Y'all program isn't robust enough to venture across the San Jacinto for any meaningful contest.  

Look how the UIL makes Goose Creek drive east past BH and keeps y'all on that side of the Trinity for football most realignments.  

Growth and salt domes.  No quality wins or long playoff runs

46 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

We talking 6A. Your guy said we gonna get knocked around in 6A. I’m saying so would the rest of the area 5A teams if they moved up. I don’t keep up with lower level teams, just varsity. I guess you’re going to tell me?😂

If I knew I wouldn't have asked. 

Anyone else from BH fanbase can answer? Wanna get somewhat of an idea of what we'll potentially see week-2 this upcoming season. I know BH has to replace a couple of pretty good players on offense. 

3 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Aht Aht Aht.  3 3rd round appearances and 1 semifinal in then 5A.  2 3rd round exist against Temple after dropping but again, what had BH done the last 40 years?  Any region 3 championships in football?  No.  So with all that growth, more weeds vs green, green grass.......

And, a victory against NS in PA before the turf.  Who has Barbara's Hill beaten of note????

Y'all program isn't robust enough to venture across the San Jacinto for any meaningful contest.  

Look how the UIL makes Goose Creek drive east past BH and keeps y'all on that side of the Trinity for football most realignments.  

Has BH gotten past 3rd round since Don Price left? His teams were pretty salty (no pun intended)

20 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

My take is Barbers Hill wants to remain a community with a high tax base. The average owner in a 300K house pays more into the system than the "public assistance" people in apartments or in trailer parks. Also, the roads are way overburdened with all the growth that has gone on there over the past 25 years. It used to be a bunch of rice fields left and right of I-10, but now new homes are everywhere. Why would they want to add apartments to an already overgrown area? Common sense, not an "ism" agenda some are trying to accuse them of.   

Just to clarify, and not comment on anything else in your post, the apartments pay property taxes. The people in the apartments don't pay property taxes directly, but the properties themselves are taxed, and apartments don't benefit from homestead exemptions. 

12 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

LOL, Memorial had to make a come back last year to beat Barbers Hill. Go sit down with that nonsense. Really, BH should’ve won that game. Most of your playoffs was in a 5 team district where 4 teams go and first round bye by playing Baytown Sterling or a Pasadena school.Come on man

yall can’t even sweep us in basketball. Lol

5 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

LOL, Memorial had to make a come back last year to beat Barbers Hill. Go sit down with that nonsense. Really, BH should’ve won that game. Most of your playoffs was in a 5 team district where 4 teams go and first round bye by playing Baytown Sterling or a Pasadena school.Come on man

Well both fanbases complained about the same exact thing during and after that game, could've went either way based on what I watched, better team won in the end in my opinion.

I'm 99% sure it wont be that close this upcoming season here in Port Arthur though based on what we have returning and the game being early (week-2) on yalls schedule with all that's going on within yalls program as far as the coaching changes, but good luck anyway. 

Also: I certainly wish we ever was in a 5 team district, we don't have that good of luck to be in one of those, you might wanna look back thru the years at our first round Playoff matchups too, Sterling has been a district matchup ever since I can remember and playing Pasadena schools first round i believe only happened in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Maybe you have MHS confused with another school, IDK. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Well both fanbases complained about the same exact thing during and after that game, could've went either way based on what I watched, better team won in the end in my opinion.

I'm 99% sure it wont be that close this upcoming season here in Port Arthur though based on what we have returning and the game being early (week-2) on yalls schedule with all that's going on within yalls program as far as the coaching changes, but good luck anyway. 

Also: I certainly wish we ever was in a 5 team district, we don't have that good of luck to be in one of those, you might wanna look back thru the years at our first round Playoff matchups too, Sterling has been a district matchup ever since I can remember and playing Pasadena schools first round i believe only happened in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Maybe you have MHS confused with another school, IDK. 

I’ll have to look back, but I believe y’all were in a 5 team district. Either way PAM IMO has been way below the expectations we all thought when they combined SFA, Lincoln, and TJ. If you deny that then I don’t know what say. This all based of posters talking about us going to 6A and terrible we will be. I just used PAM, who has better athletes as an example. Name one 5A school East of North Shore that can move up to 6A and go several rounds deep in all sports, especially football? My answer is none, not even the “Mecca”

btw, we’re probably in trouble next year as far as football goes.😂

55 minutes ago, PNGFaithful said:

Difference in BH and PA is people are fleeing PA and people are moving to BH!

Not really a big surprise, people been leaving PA headed to Eastern Harris County and DFW for years now (the storms we currently get have sped that up lately btw), it's a headscratcher of how we were in 6A for so long, people been moving to Mont Belvieu and nearby area long before that, now for that Im surprised they're not already 5A D1 level. 🤷🏾‍♂️

1 hour ago, whodat22 said:

BH will never be as good as the community expects. Hate to tell you that, but you just don't match up well.

I'm not sure what their community expectations are when it comes to their football program, but I've never seen a BH person that's somewhat in the know talk about potentially having a very long playoff run other than Smoking Baby on here. 

7 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

But we have a recent championship in Basketball.  BTW, you didn't answer the question.  Quality, program defining wins by Barbara's Hill.  I'll wait

The 2011 year, yeah 5 teams but PAM finished 2nd to La Porte and then beat La Porte for the Reg 3 championship

6 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

But we have a recent championship in Basketball.  BTW, you didn't answer the question.  Quality, program defining wins by Barbara's Hill.  I'll wait

The 2011 year, yeah 5 teams but PAM finished 2nd to La Porte and then beat La Porte for the Reg 3 championship

I’m shooting from the hip here, but the teams that have recently put out BH in the playoffs would do the same to PAM. I never said anything about quality wins, that’s you. What did your quality win do for PAM? First round exit? Next question 

1 minute ago, TradenupBH said:

I’m shooting from the hip here, but the teams that have recently put out BH in the playoffs would do the same to PAM. I never said anything about quality wins, that’s you. What did your quality win do for PAM? First round exit? Next question 

Manvel yes.  The rest after looking over 40 years of BH futility, no.  Those wins but several kids in the next level.  Tell you what, I'm solutions oriented.  Instead of wasting money on all that lack of talent and coaching, why don't you petition the school board to grant BHISD a larger homestead exemption since public schools are revenue neutral lol.....

Manvel yes.  The rest after looking over 40 years of BH futility, no.  Those wins but several kids in the next level.  Tell you what, I'm solutions oriented.  Instead of wasting money on all that lack of talent and coaching, why don't you petition the school board to grant BHISD a larger homestead exemption since public schools are revenue neutral lol.....

I’m laughing because Manvel beat us twice, Huntsville once, and the year PNG beat us, they beat y’all. I looked back and your “quality” win was like 10 years ago against North Shore 14-7. Most years y’all are average and get beat first round. Even if you go a couple rounds is a joke. You just said y’all have all of that PA talent. You trying to talk trash on BH when in reality with very little talent we’re neck and neck with what PAM has done. Like I said football is close to equal, boys basketball most years PAM, track PAM, every other sport BH. Simmer down with the non sense talk.😂

3 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I’m laughing because Manvel beat us twice, Huntsville once, and the year PNG beat us, they beat y’all. I looked back and your “quality” win was like 10 years ago against North Shore 14-7. Most years y’all are average and get beat first round. Even if you go a couple rounds is a joke. You just said y’all have all of that PA talent. You trying to talk trash on BH when in reality with very little talent we’re neck and neck with what PAM has done. Like I said football is close to equal, boys basketball most years PAM, track PAM, every other sport BH. Simmer down with the non sense talk.😂

Your neck is our navel lol.  Enjoy your salt domes

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Not really a big surprise, people been leaving PA headed to Eastern Harris County and DFW for years now (the storms we currently get have sped that up lately btw), it's a headscratcher of how we were in 6A for so long, people been moving to Mont Belvieu and nearby area long before that, now for that Im surprised they're not already 5A D1 level. 🤷🏾‍♂️

You know PA has 4 HS insides it's boundaries right?  Those others close and PAM would have an ADM around 2300 or so

4 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

You know PA has 4 HS insides it's boundaries right?  Those others close and PAM would have an ADM around 2300 or so

I hardly pay attention to Bob Hope, Tekoa and others non-PAISD honestly, students transfer out to those schools more than the other way around (to include Sabine Pass as well)

4 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Come on, Sabine Pass really? Your losing more athletes to PNG and Nederland then Sabine Pass

Since you wanna be a smart/dumbass.  The following are inside PAISD

PAM

Bob Hope(Charter)

Light House

Tekoa

7 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

You realize that in the last five years, PAM has one more playoff win then BH? The Mighty Titans!!😂🤣

I just know, BH has 40 years of futility sans 2 years.  2 out of 40..... #sad

Since you wanna be a smart/dumbass.  The following are inside PAISD

PAM

Bob Hope(Charter)

Light House

Tekoa

I just know, BH has 40 years of futility sans 2 years.  2 out of 40..... #sad

Weak argument, those not taking any talent from PAM. That’s excuses. Sabine Pass inside PA city limits homie. Now, go sit back down. 😎

• WOSgrad changed the title to CARL ABSECK NAMED NEW AD/HFC AT BARBERS HILL