Jasper 41 Center 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

• WOSgrad changed the title to Jasper 41 Center 13/FINAL

Y'all say what you think you need to say about #32 Keamodre (Red) Horace, but he's one hell of a RB. The young man has earned almost 1700 yds before this game and it wasn't because he had the best offensive line to get behind. He earned those hard yds with his talent, his strength, his speed, his mobility, his endurance, and his love for the game. Jasper definitely had a good game plan to keep him in check. It was obvious from the start the Bulldogs were beam lining on him. Which every team should when facing another teams main weapon. But the young man deserves some respect from which he has accomplished, basically on his own. 

2 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

we all know the young man is a helluva RB.

To be quiet honest our all in good fun ribbing stems from over at your website alot of those posters were so busy hyping up Horace and Carthage s  rb Courtney as the cream of the crop (which both have the #s to prove that they are damn good backs) but wouldn't acknowledge Carl ain't to shabby himself.

Also, because I would bet my house that we held him to his lowest numbers this season there nothing wrong with being happy bout that at all.

We do appreciate you stopping by to visit and wish nothing but the best for the young man in the future!

Take care.

I can't speak for those morons, nor would I want to. Some folks just like to talk out of their you know what sometimes.

I thought, I believe it was #34, was a unbelievably strong RB for Jasper. In fact, y'all have a very good running team overall. Center couldn't stop them for the most part to save their lives. I'm still scratching my head on how y'all lost to Carthage by that much. To me after watching Jasper, it should have been a closer game. 

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

I can't speak for those morons, nor would I want to. Some folks just like to talk out of their you know what sometimes.

I thought, I believe it was #34, was a unbelievably strong RB for Jasper. In fact, y'all have a very good running team overall. Center couldn't stop them for the most part to save their lives. I'm still scratching my head on how y'all lost to Carthage by that much. To me after watching Jasper, it should have been a closer game. 

Check ya other fans. 

6 hours ago, Crawford said:

Good teams can stop a one dimensional offense... every time! 

Kinda of new development for Jasper to have smack talking fans on here.  They tend to come and go.  Most of us who have posted here through the years for Jasper are pretty laid back.   There is a reason I don't read or post on that "other board."  I hope that reason does not overflow to this one.

I am assuming the Horace kids is related to the great Michael from back in the late 80s.  #32 is a great running back with the frame that colleges love.   I have enjoyed watching him the last couple years the few times I was able to see him live.   

Good luck to the Roughriders in the playoffs.

11 hours ago, Crawford said:

IMO, Jasper lost to Carthage by that much because.  1.  Turnovers.  2.  Turnovers.  3.  Turnovers.  You cannot give the ball away that many times and expect to win.  Or even keep the game close.  But actually, the margin was even worse than the score indicated.  As I remember, Jasper scored a late TD against the Carthage reserves.  If Carthage had kept the starters in to the end, I shudder to think what the score might have been.  Jasper played a much more disciplined game against Center.  At least I think so.  Center has the ingredients to go a long way in the playoffs.  Not every team is going to have the resources to stop your RB that Jasper had.  I wish Center the best of luck.  

2 hours ago, j_dog said:

IMO, Jasper lost to Carthage by that much because.  1.  Turnovers.  2.  Turnovers.  3.  Turnovers.  You cannot give the ball away that many times and expect to win.  Or even keep the game close.  But actually, the margin was even worse than the score indicated.  As I remember, Jasper scored a late TD against the Carthage reserves.  If Carthage had kept the starters in to the end, I shudder to think what the score might have been.  Jasper played a much more disciplined game against Center.  At least I think so.  Center has the ingredients to go a long way in the playoffs.  Not every team is going to have the resources to stop your RB that Jasper had.  I wish Center the best of luck.  

Both teams had three turnovers and two of the turnovers for carthage were the only time they didn't score with ones

1 hour ago, Hupernikomen said:

Jasper is good but not near the same level as Carthage.   This is not near one of Jasper's better teams.  A lot of weaknesses, but overall a solid football team.

Agreed. I think the 2018 team was quite a bit better. With that said, Carthage is a juggernaut. They could go up a couple of divisions and still be contenders. 

49 minutes ago, j_dog said:

I never did understand what pushed Morgan out.

From what I was told, he and the admin/school board clashed. One thing they didn't like was Morgan stopping the scheduling of Silsbee for football. It stopped a long running tradition. Several admins and school board members didn't like that. Sup actually called Silsbee admin to apologize.

Morgan was a heck of a coach. Not sure what happened in Jasper, but it must’ve been something major to the point he got out of the coaching business all together. I really thought that was a dream situation from the outside looking in. When Morgan went to Jasper I thought they were about to blow up. There is no reason a program like Jasper couldn’t get to that elite level very few programs get to. They have the athletes year in and year out to do it, plus an abundance of talent in the surrounding areas to draw from once the winning starts. You win a couple state titles over a 2-3 year period and the athletes start rolling in, and things can exceed even the highest expectations. I know nothing about the politics or administration in Jasper, but I do know they ALWAYS have a team full of stud athletes. 

1 hour ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Morgan was a heck of a coach. Not sure what happened in Jasper, but it must’ve been something major to the point he got out of the coaching business all together. I really thought that was a dream situation from the outside looking in. When Morgan went to Jasper I thought they were about to blow up. There is no reason a program like Jasper couldn’t get to that elite level very few programs get to. They have the athletes year in and year out to do it, plus an abundance of talent in the surrounding areas to draw from once the winning starts. You win a couple state titles over a 2-3 year period and the athletes start rolling in, and things can exceed even the highest expectations. I know nothing about the politics or administration in Jasper, but I do know they ALWAYS have a team full of stud athletes. 

I agree with you as far as the consistency of athletes goes in Jasper. I was really high on Coach Barbay when he came back in 2012, but I don't know that he'll get us where we need to go with the way we play. It's good enough to win a lot of football games, but we should at least be capable of winning every game and we're just not. I think he's doing a good job all things considered, but we need to set the bar higher.