This is real talk

Law Man

13 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Lawman, do you believe that Governor Abbots approach to reopening the state of Texas is prudent?

I live in South Carolina, I really can’t speak on the state of Texas. I  truly just want people to be careful. Life is to precious.

9 minutes ago, stevenash said:

The fact that you live in South Carolina precludes an opinion on Texas?  Ok  What are they doing in South Carolina and do you approve?

If you believe it is as bad as has been reported on the news, you won’t die of Covid-19?

34 minutes ago, stevenash said:

The fact that you live in South Carolina precludes an opinion on Texas?  Ok  What are they doing in South Carolina and do you approve?

Each state has different circumstances and different situations that are unique to each individual state.

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

Each state has different circumstances and different situations that are unique to each individual state.

I will try once more hoping you will answer instead of avoiding.   What is being done in South Carolina and do you approve?  Additionally, do you believe that it is better to let individual states make the decisions rather than having a national policy?  ( If you don't want to answer the questions, just ignore rather than sending the conversation in another direction)

4 hours ago, Law Man said:

This is the hidden content, please

I know of other who think and believe the same. Be safe as you go about your day.

I guess the question is:  Did this person die because of 100% of the virus?  Or did this person die because of something else and may or may not have had the virus?  I've posted this link before.  Look at the last paragraph.  Pay close attention to what's in bold letters.  Why would the CDC put this part in bold??

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

I will try once more hoping you will answer instead of avoiding.   What is being done in South Carolina and do you approve?  Additionally, do you believe that it is better to let individual states make the decisions rather than having a national policy?  ( If you don't want to answer the questions, just ignore rather than sending the conversation in another direction)

You never answered Mr. Baddog question. I guess you chose to ignore.

I would like to see everyone tested In South Carolina.  Anybody who wanted to be tested. This is not being done in South Carolina. The test are not free. I have no problem with a National policy doing a world wide epidemic.

If me praying for you is sending this conversation in the wrong direction than so be it.

27 minutes ago, Law Man said:

You never answered Mr. Baddog question. I guess you chose to ignore.

I would like to see everyone tested In South Carolina.  Anybody who wanted to be tested. This is not being done in South Carolina. The test are not free. I have no problem with a National policy doing a world wide epidemic.

If me praying for you is sending this conversation in the wrong direction than so be it.

If you get tested today and test negative, what assurance do you have that tomorrow you will not have contracted the virus?

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

If you get tested today and test negative, what assurance do you have that tomorrow you will not have contracted the virus?

Ther is no assurance. I believe that if you  or a family member has a conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes and or heart condition you need to always be on guard. Wash your hands, wear a mask and practice safe distance. Treat everyone as if they have it. I am diabetic and I am on medication for high blood pressure. I wear a N95 and I avoid grouping. This will be the norm for me until a vaccine is developed.

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

I guess the question is:  Did this person die because of 100% of the virus?  Or did this person die because of something else and may or may not have had the virus?  I've posted this link before.  Look at the last paragraph.  Pay close attention to what's in bold letters.  Why would the CDC put this part in bold??

We deal with this type of fallible logic all the time.  For instance, an 18 wheeler hits a car whose driver has a heart attack immediately following the collision.   Or an aneurysm explodes causing the death.  Is the argument, yes, but he might have had a heart attack eventually so the 18 wheeler isn’t really at fault?  You can make that argument but you would lose legally on the issue of liability.  Because but for the collision, he likely wouldn’t have died right then.  I am sure the same is true with the virus.  Those with certain conditions are most vulnerable to being hit the hardest (I.e., dying) once the virus is contracted.  In legal parlance, we call it causation.   And news flash, the argument some seem to be making can be carried out as far as one would like.  After all, we all are eventually going to die. And most of us will die without being able to pinpoint “100%” of the cause.  Grab yourself a stack of pre-Covid autopsy reports.  There will be far more with 3 or more causes of death than 1. 

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

Do you think the test are necessary?  

I think they are a good idea but they only reflect the current moment.  I had an antibody test done last Friday and got my results today.   Results suggest I have had the virus and now have some degree of immunity.  But, a close friend who is a worldwide medical director for a major corporation said this to me when I asked for an opinion on the test:   " these are all brand new test and there is not a lot of data yet regarding accuracy and duration of immunity.  This particular test did not have FDA approval which does not mean its wrong but there is much less confidence that it is correct.  It does appear to be superior to some of the ones I have seen coming out of China  ( by the way, I have a couple of medical conditions that are considered hazardous when the virus is involved)

19 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I think they are a good idea but they only reflect the current moment.  I had an antibody test done last Friday and got my results today.   Results suggest I have had the virus and now have some degree of immunity.  But, a close friend who is a worldwide medical director for a major corporation said this to me when I asked for an opinion on the test:   " these are all brand new test and there is not a lot of data yet regarding accuracy and duration of immunity.  This particular test did not have FDA approval which does not mean its wrong but there is much less confidence that it is correct.  It does appear to be superior to some of the ones I have seen coming out of China  ( by the way, I have a couple of medical conditions that are considered hazardous when the virus is involved)

Why did you test, curiosity?

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Why did you test, curiosity?

I thought I had an upper respiratory issue ( I get one every year) in early March and doctor checked me out and didnt seem concerned.  I went home and had fever for two days and a cough that lasted 10.  I normally use z-pac for the respiratory issue and asked doc to prescribe one.  It did the trick and I was fully recovered 2.5 days later.  My daughter reminded me that it is very rare for me to have fever and that she believed I had actually had the virus.   Hence my decision to take the antibody test.  As it turns out , the zpac ( azithromycin) apparently is beneficial when dealing with corona virus.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, Law Man said:

Ther is no assurance. I believe that if you  or a family member has a conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes and or heart condition you need to always be on guard. Wash your hands, wear a mask and practice safe distance. Treat everyone as if they have it. I am diabetic and I am on medication for high blood pressure. I wear a N95 and I avoid grouping. This will be the norm for me until a vaccine is developed.

I hate to hear of your condition. Not a bad practice if you have those other health issues. Do you regularly exercise and maintain a healthy diet as well? Often times, both conditions you possess are directly related to sedentary living though not always. Genetics can also play a role. If you’re overweight and/or don’t exercise regularly, then that could be just as bad, if not worse than the China virus.