This is real talk

Law Man

8 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Does that mean the flu shot is not effective?

No, but some people  still get the flu, even after getting the flu shot. They also have to “guess” as to which flu will be most prevalent, then vaccinate accordingly. Not 100% effective, but it does save lives, especially in the elderly. 

16 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I hate to hear of your condition. Not a bad practice if you have those other health issues. Do you regularly exercise and maintain a healthy diet as well? Often times, both conditions you possess are directly related to sedentary living though not always. Genetics can also play a role. If you’re overweight and/or don’t exercise regularly, then that could be just as bad, if not worse than the China virus. 

I do; 4 miles on a treadmill 5 to 6 days per week and have done so for the last 15 years.  I am vulnerable t o corona  according to the pre existing conditions list.  I must admit that I dont eat the healthiest of diets.  When I got it, the fever/chills lasted 48 hours and I was fine after that( back on the treadmill for regular routine) despite a week long cough and partial lost of taste for a week.  I had a second test done ( this one was FDA approved by another physician) and results were the same.

7 hours ago, baddog said:

No, but some people  still get the flu, even after getting the flu shot. They also have to “guess” as to which flu will be most prevalent, then vaccinate accordingly. Not 100% effective, but it does save lives, especially in the elderly. 

I agree. It was more of a rhetorical question. 5GallonBucket made an odd comment that “Viruses mutate. Vaccination highly unlikely.”  
My reply was basically saying that if that’s so, then why do we have a flu shot. Vaccinations are not highly unlikely, they just have to be modified regularly to handle the newer mutated strains. Trying to bring the horse to the water. 

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

I do; 4 miles on a treadmill 5 to 6 days per week and have done so for the last 15 years.  I am vulnerable t o corona  according to the pre existing conditions list.  I must admit that I dont eat the healthiest of diets.  When I got it, the fever/chills lasted 48 hours and I was fine after that( back on the treadmill for regular routine) despite a week long cough and partial lost of taste for a week.  I had a second test done ( this one was FDA approved by another physician) and results were the same.

You probably had very mild symptoms because of your exercise regimen. I guess I was trying to (in a nice way) explain to Lawman that if he would work on his health a little more, maybe some of those underlying issues (diabetes/high blood pressure) would not be present, and he would be lesser of a risk to die from, among other things, the China Virus. 

On 4/22/2020 at 9:02 AM, Law Man said:

I live in South Carolina, I really can’t speak on the state of Texas. I  truly just want people to be careful. Life is to precious.

So too is quality of life, freedom and the Constitution. Lately, all 3 have been breached in one form or another.

38 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I agree. It was more of a rhetorical question. 5GallonBucket made an odd comment that “Viruses mutate. Vaccination highly unlikely.”  
My reply was basically saying that if that’s so, then why do we have a flu shot. Vaccinations are not highly unlikely, they just have to be modified regularly to handle the newer mutated strains. Trying to bring the horse to the water. 

I guess that went over my head. I’m just full of information....some of it useless. Some say I am full of other things but such is life.

37 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You probably had very mild symptoms because of your exercise regimen. I guess I was trying to (in a nice way) explain Lawman that if he would work in his health a little more, maybe some of those underlying issues (diabetes/high blood pressure) would not be present, and he would be lesser of a risk to die from, among other things, the China Virus. 

Very true. I am considered diabetic, more towards insulin resistance. I dramatically improved my sugar levels by exercising and losing 26 lbs. I also believe diabetes and hypertension are shams in many instances.

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

You probably had very mild symptoms because of your exercise regimen. I guess I was trying to (in a nice way) explain to Lawman that if he would work on his health a little more, maybe some of those underlying issues (diabetes/high blood pressure) would not be present, and he would be lesser of a risk to die from, among other things, the China Virus. 

Wait, did you say China Virus.  You sir, are a racist and a xenophobe!!

19 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Wait, did you say China Virus.  You sir, are a racist and a xenophobe!!

Lmao. Some may try to portray that, but I just call it like I see it. It originated in China. It was propagated in China. It was covered up by the government of China. Hell, idk what else to call it!