Concerning The Caronavirus, Let's Get Real For A Second Shall We?

Reagan

17 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Things are bad and I’m afraid they’re about to get worse. 

The only light that I can see is if the mortality rate stays relatively low. We’ve seen a crush of new infections, but there hasn’t been an increase in deaths.... yet. 

Too many people pretending that things are all back to normal a little too early. I know of two kids getting tested mid-week last week... they’d been sharing a vape pen over the weekend with somebody who came down with it on Monday. 

I also have some extended family that all loaded up and went on vacay to Tennessee. Families from Jasper, Cypress, and Lum all went and stayed together. Some of them are awaiting test results right now. You just can’t do that right now. 

I was at a SMALL weddin(<40 people) last week and people kept encouraging me to “go meet all of his family.” Nope. Maybe when this plays out.  I don’t even want to be around the people that I know right now. 

I think things are good and they will get better if we will let them. If the deaths stay down then that’s all we can hope for. People get sick every day. It’s ok. 

On 7/8/2020 at 12:18 AM, WOSdrummer99 said:

I've been told most hospitals normally operate at about 80-85%. Anything less could lose money. Although I don't see how with hospital bills costing so much.

We are sad to report that, as of July 8, there have been 139 law enforcement officers that have died in the line of duty due to COVID-19‬.
This was taken from the National Fraternal Order of Police.

State

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Federal
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Puerto Rico
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
Washington DC

If one doesn't think that this Caronavirus is being politically played, check out the Youtube face page.  Right now Bloomberg, CBS This Morning, and CNN, their headlines state about how cases of Covid shatters a single day record in Florida and Florida breaks US record for Covid cases.   A lot of times they state garbage only about Texas, Arizona and Florida.  The con here, my friends, is they won't talk about how many -- or how few -- actually have the virus.  The death rates are falling.  I also heard since the death rates are falling, that it's not considered a pandemic any longer.  But, since they are classifying EVERYTHING as Covid related, then, yes, cases will rise.  

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

If one doesn't think that this Caronavirus is being politically played, check out the Youtube face page.  Right now Bloomberg, CBS This Morning, and CNN, their headlines state about how cases of Covid shatters a single day record in Florida and Florida breaks US record for Covid cases.   A lot of times they state garbage only about Texas, Arizona and Florida.  The con here, my friends, is they won't talk about how many -- or how few -- actually have the virus.  The death rates are falling.  I also heard since the death rates are falling, that it's not considered a pandemic any longer.  But, since they are classifying EVERYTHING as Covid related, then, yes, cases will rise.  

Unless you work or have worked on the front lines fighting the virus, you would not be thinking or talking foolishness about being politically played. Mr. Regan, take a trip to the ER in Houston or come take a family vacation here in Myrtle Beach. You will not realize how serious it is until Lord forbids, it lands at your front door. I take this personal because I have lost two friends and my grandmother who is in Charlotte, NC. has Covid-19. Death rates aren’t falling. 1 life lost is too many. When has any loss of life become except able. 

35 minutes ago, Law Man said:

Unless you work or have worked on the front lines fighting the virus, you would not be thinking or talking foolishness about being politically played. Mr. Regan, take a trip to the ER in Houston or come take a family vacation here in Myrtle Beach. You will not realize how serious it is until Lord forbids, it lands at your front door. I take this personal because I have lost two friends and my grandmother who is in Charlotte, NC. has Covid-19. Death rates aren’t falling. 1 life lost is too many. When has any loss of life become except able. 

1st. My condolences 

2nd If that is your true stance on the matter.  
In 2019

10 million worldwide infected with tb 

1.5 million died

where is the shutdown for it,where’s the mask and social distancing requirements 

I could go on and on

1 hour ago, Law Man said:

I’m sorry about your friends and family. Truly. But people die friend. Everyday. Calling something a pandemic vs the flu or AIDS or whatever other comparison you wanna make doesn’t change anything. If 1 life lost is too many, then we need to quit driving cars. Cuz traffic fatalities ain’t going away.  We need to close down schools forever. Cuz the flu, which kills folks, ain’t goin away. But wait, we have already made exception for those things. Loss of life is acceptable. We are human. People die. 

59 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I’m sorry about your friends and family. Truly. But people die friend. Everyday. Calling something a pandemic vs the flu or AIDS or whatever other comparison you wanna make doesn’t change anything. If 1 life lost is too many, then we need to quit driving cars. Cuz traffic fatalities ain’t going away.  We need to close down schools forever. Cuz the flu, which kills folks, ain’t goin away. But wait, we have already made exception for those things. Loss of life is

My point is why make it about politics when it has nothing to do with left or right. Now science is wrong?  I remind you my President only hired the best. 

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

1st. My condolences 

In 2019

1.5 million died

where is the shutdown for it,where’s the mask and social distancing requirements 

I could go on and on

Thank you,

I said nothing about a shut down. I agree with most on here that believe we should be smart in opening up. I disagree about it being political. President Trump hired and or appointed the best. Now all of them are wrong? Please help me understand.

6 hours ago, Reagan said:

Mr. Regan, I was out of line. Pulled a double and needed a snickers. 

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

1st. My condolences 

In 2019

1.5 million died

I could go on and on

What is so confusing is that the CDC, WHO and the Whitehouse all have conflicting advice about covid-19.

6 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Why anyone would trust the WHO is beyond me.

Good question. Why can’t the c”CDC and the other health agencies agree. Health officials from every state have different concepts about the virus that has Everyone confused and attacking one another. I know of instances where people have become violent when asked or instructed to dawn a mask.
My agency requires us to wear a mask.

Just now, Law Man said:

Good question. Why can’t the c”CDC and the other health agencies agree. Health officials from every state have different concepts about the virus that has Everyone confused and attacking one another. I know of instances where people have become violent when asked or instructed to dawn a mask.

I was glad to see the President wear a mask when he visited our soldiers at the Hospital. Showed much respect for the men and women.

this is not politics it is simply Gods’ will. Only he holds the key. Too much hatred, babies being killed, prayer not allowed in schools, kids taught confusing about their identity, people are worshiping idle gods and willing to die for them. We have alienated ourselves from the rest of world.  The USA is saying and doing things that are an abomination according to the word. 
Be ye not of the world. Be not partakers but be fishermen of men. Draw all men unto the Farther.

16 minutes ago, Law Man said:

I think responsible folks are taking this very seriously and taking precautions without having to look to the "experts" that seem to change policy every day.

I am especially mindful of staying away from folks that are older or may have a condition that would cause the virus to be very serious if contracted.  

As far as the knuckeheads that want to throw a fit because they don't like the rules an establishment has...stay out.

All we need is a hurricane and all talk of Covid will disappear from the news.  Kinda like it did while there was unrest over George Floyd.  Now that people stopped looting, we're back to the talking heads saying "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE OF COVID-19!!!!"

Covid-19 is real, and people are dying.  It's a new fact of life.  We've got to adapt and move on,  or just give up and die.  Those are pretty much your options when you're dealing with a disease with no vaccine, little treatment, and no apparent end in sight.  Whether or not we should shut down everything (well, except for those "essentials") and pray that it goes away on its on in our lifetime while we collect unemployment or whether we just get back to work is almost completely divided upon partisan lines. 

Lockdowns will work as long as we stay locked down.   That's what's been proven.  But once they're lifted, you'll see a resurgence of cases. We can't stay locked own forever, regardless of what school teachers would like to have happen.  We just can't.