Jack Yates vs Hardin Jefferson

1 hour ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how Yates big men play against HJ big man. I remember HJ had a big man last year, hoping he is back this year. Yates didn’t have an opportunity to play against any true big men during district play. Yates will be playing for the win, but also attempting to extend their current streak (19) of scoring 100 points. Good luck HJ

I think that HJ can keep them below 100.  Achieving that is essential if the Hawks are to have any chance at all.  And that in itself would be something of a moral victory. 

9 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

I think that HJ can keep them below 100.  Achieving that is essential if the Hawks are to have any chance at all.  And that in itself would be something of a moral victory. 

You can ask anyone inside that program they don't take moral victories. They will have a game plan and put the best foot forward with the expectation of moving on to lumberton or la marque. They have played toe to toe with some really good players over the summer and throughout the high school season. Only been blown out one time with a really difficult schedule and that was to Westbrook who's style matches up really well with HJ. Not saying they will win, but I believe there will be a (metaphorical) fight. 

1 hour ago, Jason_Kidd said:

You can ask anyone inside that program they don't take moral victories. They will have a game plan and put the best foot forward with the expectation of moving on to lumberton or la marque. They have played toe to toe with some really good players over the summer and throughout the high school season. Only been blown out one time with a really difficult schedule and that was to Westbrook who's style matches up really well with HJ. Not saying they will win, but I believe there will be a (metaphorical) fight. 

Nederland beat HJ at HJ by 19.

2 hours ago, Jason_Kidd said:

If HJ had trouble with West Brook, they might ought to make some changes before showing up for Yates.  Perhaps they already have.  

1 hour ago, TrustTheProcess said:

If HJ had trouble with West Brook, they might ought to make some changes before showing up for Yates.  Perhaps they already have.  

They tried to make adjustments, but their communications program was not good enough to induce 4  6'8" players to move in to the HJ district.

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

They tried to make adjustments, but their communications program was not good enough to induce 4  6'8" players to move in to the HJ district.

13 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Maybe the four new 6-8 kids they get next year to replace these guys won’t be quite as talented.  

30 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Am hearing that at least two of the four next year will be 7 footers.   They do a better job than our armed forces.

That's logical.  With the skills learned in the communications program, they are effectively able to communicate the benefits of the program to the next generation.  It's self-perpetuating.

35 minutes ago, TrustTheProcess said:

That's logical.  With the skills learned in the communications program, they are effectively able to communicate the benefits of the program to the next generation.  It's self-perpetuating.

Have you considered the benefits of the maritime program.  Helps you navigate a packed in zone and handle the stormy seas of playing these teams from the giant metropolises like Sour Lake and Silsbee.

The only hope HJ has is that it’s been a couple of months since Yates has played a decent team.  Hopefully they come out cocky and ready for an easy win, and HJ comes out with a chip on their should and plays a near perfect game.  HJ is a quality 4A squad, but then again, Yates is good enough to go to state in 5A.  I expect Yates to win by 25-30.  If HJ pulls this off it might be the most impressive win in the school’s history.  But they play the game for a reason, and I’m rooting for a miracle.  

7 hours ago, TrustTheProcess said:

It is so comforting to know that the "system" created by the UIL is being implemented with honesty and integrity

4 minutes ago, stevenash said:

It is so comforting to know that the "system" created by the UIL is being implemented with honesty and integrity

I blame lack of mental toughness and poor lighting for this loss. Where's Dove to back me up??😂