Silsbee Vs Wimberley

Who That

Wimbo deserves to be the favorite because they trounced a team with better rushing stats than Silsbee.  Navarro was averaging 411 ypg rusing.  They had two more or less 1000 yard rushers and a 2000 yard rusher in a fairly strong district.  Wimbo handled them with apparent ease last week.  Why shouldn't they be able to do pretty much the same thing against Silsbee?

And we don't even know what will happen with Wimbo's passing.  Silsbee hasn't faced an air attack like Wimbo's all year, or last year either for that matter.  You've got to figure they will probably get around 400 yards of total offense.

So on paper Wimbo has to get the nod.  A 3pt spread is more than fair.  

But .  The game before Navarro against Rockport game is very interesting.  Rockport seems to be all run.  Team stats show 32 passing yards per game and rushing ypg similar to Silsbee.  And they played Wimbo even all the way down the line.  Looks like an extra point in the 4th quarter was the difference. 

Can silsbee D really stop the passing attack of #9?  Weather looks good for a great game.     

*I grew up in the kountze area but now live in driftwood and i have kids on the wimberley team on my baseball team.   These boys are ready to play.  I love the silsbee kids kelly and arline.  It's going to be a ball game.

Wimberley is 11-3 and Silsbee is 9-4. Records out the window. WOS was 12-1. Silsbee will have to work hard to stop the pass but I think their offense can cause some real problems for Wimberley. Silsbee can throw the ball some and much better than Navarro. I'm more impressed with the win vs Navarro as I am the win vs WOS for Silsbee. WOS was a better team than Navarro. I don't know if Wimbo has a defense like WOS but they will pass a hole lot better. Silsbee will need to put pressure on the QB and put a saftey all over the top of #9. He isnt fast but is 6'3 and seems sure handed. 

Who has Wimberley played? Silsbee has played West Orange twice, Newton, Nederland, PNG. Granted, Silsbee went 2-5 against that group, and Nederland and PNG didn’t exactly have their very best years, but the competition explains why Silsbee’s stats might be a little depressed relative to Wimberley’s. Silsbee has played big schools and where they didn’t play big schools they played very good teams. Even with the weak district competition, Silsbee has faced a tough season. 

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm interested to see how Wimberley stops the power run game.  If they can't slow that down from the jump, then Wimberley is in serious trouble.... People aren't talking about that but that o-Line has been blocking their arses off....

They have been blocking.  They start kind of slow, Giddings and WOS were clogging it up at the beginning, but as the game wears on the Tigers just get stronger and bigger holes start materializing.  Especially in the 4th quarter where they have been dominant.  We've outscored our last two opponents 49 to 14 in the second half and 32 - 0 in the 4th quarter.

1 minute ago, Who That said:

Stepps got Silsbee by 9" in the preview 

Really?  After the drubbing Wimbo handed to Navarro?  It really was an impressive beat down.

I guess they understand the significance of that 4th quarter last Friday.  They know the drill with WOS, get a 10 point lead that feels like 30 and hold your opponent at bay for the rest of the game.  But Silsbee wasn't having it and those 18 unanswered points in the 4th quarter were astounding.  I've never seen anything quite like it.  

2 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Really?  After the drubbing Wimbo handed to Navarro?  It really was an impressive beat down.

I guess they understand the significance of that 4th quarter last Friday.  They know the drill with WOS, get a 10 point lead that feels like 30 and hold your opponent at bay for the rest of the game.  But Silsbee wasn't having it and those 18 unanswered points in the 4th quarter were astounding.  I've never seen anything quite like it.  

I hear you, but I've actually been in attendance for quite a few second half turnarounds and 4th quarter comebacks over the years.  Coming denominator was the winning team goes conservative and the losing team goes off scrip and away with what wasn't working.  Now that I know Silsbee has additional bullets in the chamber, so the speak, Tigers are just a tough team to check...

2 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Who has Wimberley played? Silsbee has played West Orange twice, Newton, Nederland, PNG. Granted, Silsbee went 2-5 against that group, and Nederland and PNG didn’t exactly have their very best years, but the competition explains why Silsbee’s stats might be a little depressed relative to Wimberley’s. Silsbee has played big schools and where they didn’t play big schools they played very good teams. Even with the weak district competition, Silsbee has faced a tough season. 

Not that it really matters at this point in the season, but were PNG and Nederland really that great this year? Newton went 3 rounds. 

5 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Wimberley is 11-3 and Silsbee is 9-4. Records out the window. WOS was 12-1. Silsbee will have to work hard to stop the pass but I think their offense can cause some real problems for Wimberley. Silsbee can throw the ball some and much better than Navarro. I'm more impressed with the win vs Navarro as I am the win vs WOS for Silsbee. WOS was a better team than Navarro. I don't know if Wimbo has a defense like WOS but they will pass a hole lot better. Silsbee will need to put pressure on the QB and put a saftey all over the top of #9. He isnt fast but is 6'3 and seems sure handed. 

If Wimberley was paying attention the pass was open all night for WOS , but they were determined to run between the tackles. If they can throw the ball look out. On the other hand I think they will have lots of trouble slowing down Silsbee running game, and the speed of the WRs is something they prob haven’t seen. Tigers need to stay focused on defense. I think they come away with the W and on to Jerry World to avenge the 409 loss to PG.  I’ll be watching , can’t wait till game time . 

2 hours ago, MMstangfan said:

If Wimberley was paying attention the pass was open all night for WOS , but they were determined to run between the tackles. If they can throw the ball look out. On the other hand I think they will have lots of trouble slowing down Silsbee running game, and the speed of the WRs is something they prob haven’t seen. Tigers need to stay focused on defense. I think they come away with the W and on to Jerry World to avenge the 409 loss to PG.  I’ll be watching , can’t wait till game time . 

I'm sure they were paying attention and based on the numbers they can throw the ball very well.

You've got it pegged.  It's a classic case of a high flying passing game against a big play running game.

Assuming both teams do well at what they do well it could come down the the counterintuitive.  How well Silsbee throws and how well Wimbo runs could be the decisive thing.