Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AggiesAreWe

Hamshire-Fannett HC open

42 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Snoop said:

How long is it gonna take to change the game? Silsbee wanting to know.  

I don’t think HF would have to be on Silsbee’s level. If they can just get close to the playoffs, that would be a massive step in the right direction.

Snoop and TxHoops like this

3 hours ago, team first said:

So Lumberton asst will change that district up? 

Game changer! 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t all head coaches start as an assistant somewhere? I personally don’t know anyone who had never coached prior to getting a head job. Also, Lumberton made the playoffs for the first time in how many years last year? In his first year there. Seems like a good hire to me. 

TxHoops and Hagar like this

11 hours ago, TheTruth34 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t all head coaches start as an assistant somewhere? I personally don’t know anyone who had never coached prior to getting a head job. Also, Lumberton made the playoffs for the first time in how many years last year? In his first year there. Seems like a good hire to me. 

I wasn’t saying anything bad that he was an assistant, I have heard he is a great coach. I was asking a question, more towards why it was being kept a secret. 

TheTruth34 likes this

Absolutely great hire by HF.

He helped take a bunch of kids from a school not known for basketball, into the playoffs.  Hats off to all at HF involved in this coup. 

TxHoops likes this

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Great hire. 

@BMTSoulja1 told you he would get a HC gig after the good season Lumberton had. 

Long time coming.   Tigee’s one of the best basketball minds I’ve been around.  Truly cerebral about the game and anyone who has worked with him has the utmost respect for him.  And his passion for the kids isn’t lost on them.  He tends to get the very best out of them. 

Mr. Buddy Garrity likes this

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Long time coming.   Tigee’s one of the best basketball minds I’ve been around.  Truly cerebral about the game and anyone who has worked with him has the utmost respect for him.  And his passion for the kids isn’t lost on them.  He tends to get the very best out of them. 

True story, and the I think the kids thought the world of him.  

TxHoops likes this