Texas at Georgia- Sugar Bowl

UTfanatic

11 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

If im LJ i wouldn't be so quick to leave,,,He received a Low mid to Late draft grade..If im him i'd come back and at least improve my stock..

But to his advantage I don't think the WR class is all that great

I wouldn’t either.  But that’s the word I’m hearing.  Some are saying this is the best wr draft class in a few years though.  

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I wouldn’t either.  But that’s the word I’m hearing.  Some are saying this is the best wr draft class in a few years though.  

Really??? I heard the opposite, his mom wanted him to stay but no word from him as of yet. 

But in the case of the WR class, lemme do some research and get back to you on that 

10 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

Really??? I heard the opposite, his mom wanted him to stay but no word from him as of yet. 

But in the case of the WR class, lemme do some research and get back to you on that 

Just something I read last week.  It was one guy’s article on CBS sports (I think) but I wouldn’t swear to it.  Have an interest in the subject because a very good friend of mine has a nephew that plays the position and should go in the first few rounds.  Otherwise, would not been looking at wr articles lol

And btw, if his momma wants him to stay, he may be staying. 

26 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

Although I now live in College Station, and call myself an Aggie. I grew up as much a die hard Texas fan as probably Ehlinger. I cried the night Colt McCoy got knocked out of the ‘09 championship. I’m glad the rivalry isn’t played and they are in separate conferences, because I can still pull for each team. Call me a trader or a bandwagon, or whatever you want, but I’m glad TEXAS IS BACK! That was fun to watch. Reminded me of my childhood.

I think, in Aggie parlance, that makes you a 2 percenter.  I don’t see how that’s a bad thing though...it’s clearly the best milk.  

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Just something I read last week.  It was one guy’s article on CBS sports (I think) but I wouldn’t swear to it.  Have an interest in the subject because a very good friend of mine has a nephew that plays the position and should go in the first few rounds.  Otherwise, would not been looking at wr articles lol

And btw, if his momma wants him to stay, he may be staying. 

Yea His mom came out and said she wanted him to stay his last yr and get his degree, but would support him with w.e decision he makes 

4 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

Yea His mom came out and said she wanted him to stay his last yr and get his degree, but would support him with w.e decision he makes 

The kid I’m talking about could have come out last year after his RS sophomore season.  Would have likely been a 4-6 round pick.  Came back, graduated in December (in 3 and a half years) and will likely be a 2nd or 3rd rounder (and could elevate more with the combine.).  Just depends if they get good advice and take it. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Kudos to Kirby Smart:

“(The Big 12) has the reputation of being an offensive league. But when they need to play physical, they play physical. Texas out-played us, out-competed us, out-physicaled us, out-coached us ... Give Texas and Tom credit.’’

I can say this is true, even with Oklahoma last year in the playoff, that was probably one of the best defensive games OU played all last season and the same can be said this season with Big 12 defenses for the most part, other then (OU-BAMA)

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Kudos to Kirby Smart:

“(The Big 12) has the reputation of being an offensive league. But when they need to play physical, they play physical. Texas out-played us, out-competed us, out-physicaled us, out-coached us ... Give Texas and Tom credit.’’

In fairness, we were the most physical team in the conference from start to finish. We still have some bone-headedness that we need to get rid of though.

58 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

A big win like this gets tons more of recruitment focusing on Texas plus all the renovations going on. 

So Is the big 12 offenses that great that makes the defenses look bad in conference play? when they go play another conference the defenses play great, Why is that? 

Offenses are clearly better in Big 12.   They averaged 36 pts a game against the conference that’s supposed to have the best defenses.   For years, SEC offenses were brutal (as was the QB play) making the defenses look a lot better than they were.   That has changed a lot though.  Of course with Bama, that’s a different story where they out-athlete most schools everywhere and have had the best coaches.  

11 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Man, Georgia sucks. Can't believe theu should have beat Bama. 

Well at least it’s decided.  Big 12 lost to their best team, but manhandled their next best team.  And the only loss out of four head to head games was to Bama.  So we can now say, SECond to the Big XII*.   

*Except for Bama

37 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

How much is Texas Losing? do they have alot coming back

LSU 2nd game of the season should be a good one 

Losing a lot on the defensive side of the ball. Pretty much the entire front 7. Losing Vahe on the OL, and Tre Watson at RB, but Ingram will fill in and I expect a better running game. Secondary is absolutely loaded with young talent but losing experience in Locke, Boyd, and Davis.