Port Neches-Groves 38 Vidor 32/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

4th and 10 with 10 seconds blitz lands a crushing blow Vidor loses by 6 for a second week in a row. Good fight but not good enough late game execution.

Good effort. 

But put ourselves behind the 8 ball after first two district games.   Now need to sweep the rest of the games.

Listened to most of the game. Vidor always play us hard and it sounds like tonight was no exception. Glad to hear the Indians are back to their winning ways, and that Roschon is back at full speed. Good luck during the rest of what's shaping up to be a great season, Pirates.

There are no guaranteed wins with the  teams remaining on  Vidor's schedule .. BH gave Nederland all they could handle before falling to the still undefeated Bulldogs,  Dayton gave Crosby a good game early, Santa Fe is capable and Lee is much improved from previous years.  Hate to be in the position of having to win out to get in, but it is what it is.

9 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

There are no guaranteed wins with the  teams remaining on  Vidor's schedule .. BH gave Nederland all they could handle before falling to the still undefeated Bulldogs,  Dayton gave Crosby a good game early, Santa Fe is capable and Lee is much improved from previous years.  Hate to be in the position of having to win out to get in, but it is what it is.

We had Nederland beat, but let them score with under 2 minutes in game. We led the entire game. BH usually has success against Vidor, but we've been struggling against the run this year. Should be a good game.

2 hours ago, pride at impact said:

Where is TVC when you need him?

I don’t know how the guy does it, I’m to busy jumping around and chearing the team on to post all the info he gets in there almost every play. He must be sitting down at a laptop or computer, I almost broke my phone twice tonight. I just post a few necessary things, misspell a lot and try not to curse on here lol. I gave it my best effort though, just like the Pirates did tonight. But hey, we both came up a little short in the end.

7 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

If Vidor doesn't make the playoffs it will end up being one of the best teams in the state to only play 10 games. Our district is a buzzsaw. 

I feel thr same way but I’d say that of wjoever the 5th team is. 

Crosby, Nederland, PNG, BH, and Vidor seem to be fighting for four slots in most districts they’d be almost assured a spot.

I think Vidor stands a good chance of going 4-3 in District. Barber's Hill, Dayton, Baytown Lee, and Santa Fe look like winnable games for Vidor. Not guarantees, and I think Vidor still has some close games in its future. The biggest obstacle left is Nederland. If Vidor can pull of a Nederland win, we have Vidor going 5-2. But even 4-3 in district, wouldn't Vidor make the playoffs? 

Based on to-date performance, I am comfortable predicting that Nederland and Crosby finish in the top 2 of the district, with the last two playoff spots being a race between PNG, BH, and Vidor.