Houston St. Pius X 55 Beaumont United 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I understand that, but that wbu is something else. But like I said they will give them a run for there money didn’t say win.  Game would be close 

Idk ive seen Katy defense dominate great offenses (Manvel,Woodlands,Lake Travis) who are just as good or better then this Pius offense..But i see what you saying. They are very good 

4 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Idk ive seen Katy defense dominate great offenses (Manvel,Woodlands,Lake Travis) who are just as good or better then this Pius offense..But i see what you saying. They are very good 

Very true, I have as well. Katy and NS would both win against St. Pius but I don’t think it would be a blow out by any measure. For a catholic school they will hold there own 

20 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

The QB is Grant Gunnell he’s committed to Arizona 

He was an aggie commit for the longest, a Sumlin kid. Then jimbo came on looking for dual threat types and started visiting schools, schools like PNG.....now he back with Sumlin

That looked like a vintage Ozen team to me. A Arthur Louis coached team. They play the way they practice.

Puis offensive players were hitting our defense in the mouth. 22 has three defenders laying on the buts. We don’t tackle well. No one hit anyone. When we do tackle, it an arm tackle with no aggression behind it.

Gonna be a long season.

9 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

St Pius would give Katy and North Shore a run for their money.

Nah, what I witnessed was a team of unphisical teenagers. They're gentle as lambs wolves hunt.

For instance, St Puis QB throws a short hitch, our corner grabs his receivers legs and have him trying to pull his legs loose. Instead of the safety clean it up, he comes in grab the receiver, and help pull him to the ground?!!!!!! I'm like, "really?" We hit no one. Arthur should be ashamed.

These kids fundamentals are nonexistent. It's gonna be a long season Wolves. I don't see us making playoffs, unless a new group of teachers take over for these COACHES.

7 hours ago, BigWolf10 said:

That looked like a vintage Ozen team to me. A Arthur Louis coached team. They play the way they practice.

Puis offensive players were hitting our defense in the mouth. 22 has three defenders laying on the buts. We don’t tackle well. No one hit anyone. When we do tackle, it an arm tackle with no aggression behind it.

Gonna be a long season.

Ok, so it wasn't just me then...

Little surprised by this one? Not really by the loss, but by the score and style in which they lost. Figured the level of athlete United could put on the field would give them a punchers chance, new school or not.

Was looking forward to see what this school could do for the community but even if you give United wins over Nederland and Sterling it’s hard to see how they finish .500? As somebody who like to see schools like this do well, I really wish they would’ve gone down a different route in their coaching search instead of going Dayton-style. Bunch of young coaches out there hungry to get their hands on the type of athletes United has.