Silsbee v Carthage

STiger85

52 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

lol.  I just saw the conversation go from Silsbee and Carthage to someone getting banned...? I guess..  Maybe there's a PM or something I don't know about.

I think I have finally gotten to the bottom of this.   Someone who actually forgot their login password and was awaiting the email to reset made the claim (he claims with tongue and cheek, but nonetheless made the claim) on another site that he had been banished here.

3 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I think I have finally gotten to the bottom of this.   Someone who actually forgot their login password and was awaiting the email to reset made the claim (he claims with tongue and cheek, but nonetheless made the claim) on another site that he had been banished here.

Oh, and the link to Silsbee/Carthage is that he made that claim in a thread involving that subject on the other site.

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Ah.. makes sense.  Friendly banter.  For a quick second, I was thinking that If there was something in the conversation that warranted banning I should've been gone a long time ago.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Argyle median household income-$110,000
Silsbee median household income-$33,000

Obviously there are other variables..and rules to this exception.  But this makes a little bit of a difference.

Differences such as money and time and transportation for exclusive sports camps, children's and youth sports leagues and so on.  

7 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

There are a ton of small things that go un-noticed.

Special teams was never a priority judging from past seasons.  The Huffman game from a few years ago still infuriates me.  

Ah, the second onside kick was ridiculous. The Great Silsbee Homecoming Massacree.  

They got one on us a week or two later. I was wondering if our old coaches had even bothered to watch the film of yall’s game. 

7 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

It’s ok guys really. 

It was tounge and cheek. The “claim” was harmless. 

No puppies were harmed. 

Game Day: I don't think ether teams players will get much schooling done today as there focus will be on the game tonight. Carthage is simply Carthage, with five state championships in their back pockets most recently last year, great tradition. Not only will Silsbee have to beat the greatest Carthage football team ever assembled along with the best coaching staff in the state of Texas you will have to contend with that great tradition that Carthage has made for themselves. No Carthage player wants to be the team to say "we lost". It also helps that Carthage plays in the so called "District of Doom" as some district 9 4A teams call themselves. Carthage offense is very good and very balanced. Their QB is accurate and will throw the ball away to avoid a sac, that doesn't happen very often. Their WRs are very good, run short routs and have the ablity to turn them into big gains. If you worry about the passing then Carthage has a RB that is one of the best in the state of Texas (University of Texas). On defense Carthage is long on the D-line and they cause havoc, that lets the all-state linebackers make ESPN highlight plays. Their defensive backs fly to the ball and not much separation. Silsbee will have their hands full tonight no doubt. This young team will have to play their best game of the year to get a win. That's one thing Silsbee is doing is playing good ball. Come to think of it Silsbee has some good running backs and their receivers are pretty good too and a quarterback that makes this offense go. The Silsbee defense has got playmakers and fly to the ball and some speed. And we have played some pretty good teams this year too. Our coaching staff aint bad ether. And we have been told that Carthage is a different type of animal. True that, noted. So, sorry Carthage if Silsbee will not lay down at your presents. Silsbee has overcome more this year than just winning football games. Hope y'all don't mind little ole us if we at least try and beat y'all. Safe travels to y'all and to all a good game. TigerNation!!! SilsbeeStrong!!!    

I have been reading posts here and on that other site as well.  One thing I am noticing is how many Tiger fans are sounding tired of hearing Carthage fans or others bragging in them.  My opinion on that is that they have earned that right just like we have on the b-ball court(even to a higher level...).  And just like I feel on that side, the only way we can say much about it is to knock them off that seat.  Here is to hoping that will happen tonight!!  

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

I have been reading posts here and on that other site as well.  One thing I am noticing is how many Tiger fans are sounding tired of hearing Carthage fans or others bragging in them.  My opinion on that is that they have earned that right just like we have on the b-ball court(even to a higher level...).  And just like I feel on that side, the only way we can say much about it is to knock them off that seat.  Here is to hoping that will happen tonight!!  

You can join us after tonight! Carthage is just a treat to watch. In a way, I hope for Silsbee's sake it's a good, close game. But, at the same time, I hope you get to see why they're ranked #1 in the state.

Good luck to you guys! I just pray for a clean game, and the players can leave it all out on the field! What a great sport this is to be able to watch and play!