Referendum ballot to split 5A into divisions passes

9 minutes ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

You are right about that grad. I was thinking like a reasonable person would about travel.  Then I realized we were talking the UIL.  They don't have a problem with 150 - 200 mile road trips for district games!

No doubt, Coach.  I think that the increased travel involved.....and if the split in the 4 smaller classes reveals, anything, THERE WILL BE INCREASED TRAVEL much to the contrary of what the UIL claims...has been a relatively overlooked negative to the split.

It won't be when these coaches get their travel budgets in the Spring of 2018 and see what they have to cut to meet that travel budget.

The UIL generally puts the cutoff between 6A/5A at around having the largest 256 schools in 6A and about the same in 5A.. 4A is somewhat of an anomaly  as there are the fewest schools in the 500-1000 enrollment range. Their stated goal is to not have schools with more than twice an enrollment of each other playing competitively.  

Also... BISD opted Ozen up last realignment. They already should be 4A. What will they do in October? And... Scarborough was 1-9 the second year we played them lol

Also... Happy Birthday WOSGrad! 

2 hours ago, Goblin said:

The UIL generally puts the cutoff between 6A/5A at around having the largest 256 schools in 6A and about the same in 5A.. 4A is somewhat of an anomaly  as there are the fewest schools in the 500-1000 enrollment range. Their stated goal is to not have schools with more than twice an enrollment of each other playing competitively.  

Also... BISD opted Ozen up last realignment. They already should be 4A. What will they do in October? And... Scarborough was 1-9 the second year we played them lol

Also... Happy Birthday WOSGrad! 

Uuuh, that's a negative.  Incorrect info.  Ozen definitely WASN'T opted up.  

12 hours ago, Goblin said:

Never mind, I was wrong, they readjusted (and speaking of that how did they go from 18 below the cutoff to 24 above after the above story was published)?   but you will definitely be in 4A range this October.

The media obtained the wrong numbers for Ozen...  Ozen turned in different numbers to UIL.  We've discussed it many times on here...

'You' will be in 4a range?  Lol.  I'm a Jag as shown in my aviator.  (well I do hold some allegiance to Ozen since I have a Cheerleader there)

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:56 PM, Stattrax said:

My exact thoughts...... I am not a idiot, and did rather well in math......... But its back to participant ribbons and trophies......

They watered the district down when they started letting every body go to the playoffs. What happened to the winner and the runner up? They giving  out green ribbons and bubblegum during the season. We better watch out. Pretty soon all our kids will catch is the ice cream truck.

On 3/4/2017 at 1:10 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

The media obtained the wrong numbers for Ozen...  Ozen turned in different numbers to UIL.  We've discussed it many times on here...

'You' will be in 4a range?  Lol.  I'm a Jag as shown in my aviator.  (well I do hold some allegiance to Ozen since I have a Cheerleader there)

Initial UIL documents actually showed Ozen opted up. It wasn't wrong numbers obtained by the media.

I'll have to dig in my desk to find the paperwork. This was one article after Ozen'soriginal snapshot number was turned in. By realignment day the number jumped above the drop line (not sure how you miss that many kids). But it was made clear Ozen was petitioning to play up before the new numbers showed up.

This is the hidden content, please

This is a good first step. In the next two years the UIL needs to consider taking the top 130 schools and create a 7A division. The disparity in 6A is just as bad if not worse as it is in 5A.

Before this split I was hoping that the 5A cutoff moved up to 1350. But now I'm looking forward to staying in 5A.

On 3/4/2017 at 1:10 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

He's more like a Jagtiganther! lol... 

The UIL should take this opportunity to adjust the numbers to help even out 4A and 5A. With 66 more teams in 5A and more in 6A they could even things out a lot and have more 6+ team districts in each classification. This would probably mean Ozen, Lumberton, Livingston would drop, but it would also probably mean WB could be close to the 5A D1 cutoff. Central, Ned, PNG, Vidor would probably join forces with BH and Dayton possibly Lee or Crosby as well. Thats one hell of a district!

2 hours ago, badndn said:

The UIL should take this opportunity to adjust the numbers to help even out 4A and 5A. With 66 more teams in 5A and more in 6A they could even things out a lot and have more 6+ team districts in each classification. This would probably mean Ozen, Lumberton, Livingston would drop, but it would also probably mean WB could be close to the 5A D1 cutoff. Central, Ned, PNG, Vidor would probably join forces with BH and Dayton possibly Lee or Crosby as well. Thats one hell of a district!

Maybe bring GCM back down to 5A..  Just maybe lol..

On 3/2/2017 at 7:14 PM, navydawg31 said:

I hope Ozen for their sake does go down to 4A Div 1 because they have the athletes to make a deep run. It will be interesting to see if Lumberton were to move down they very well could make a deep playoff run as well. They play hard just the numbers don't match up to the bigger schools in the district. 

I Doubt BH will move this way because the Hill has their "connections" Dayton yes I could see that happen again it's been done once before. 

I was told Memorial has a big 8th grade class this year that could bump them back to 6A if the numbers don't fall them to 5A again. 

That's if all the future Freshman stay here......