Stadiums of 22- 5A and 21- 5a

oldman

Just trying to generate some discussion.  Love the football discussion , but also enjoy hearing about facilities from these 2 districts and others as well.   I have seen most of the schools in these districts...just wondering if anyone thinks as I do...  please rank based on your experiences...... Good Luck to all teams this 1st round.

Ranking 22-5A:

1.  "The Butch"  ......   Being from a multi - school district they should have a stadium this nice....ashamed they cannot pack it to capacity on a weekly basis.

2.   "The Reservation"  PNG........ Great Atmosphere........  parking is bad.....  otherwise a must visit for the football followers.

3.  "Stallworth"  Baytown........ Great Venue......16,000 capacity makes it way too large for most games...... Only PNG will constantly fill their side to capacity....   Baytown can never come close to filling it.

4.  Port Arthur......... great job on the new upgrades..... nice set up.... never have seen the dressing facitiies , but all else is good.

5.  Lumberton......... new turf is Great........ large stadium..... Dressing could be upgraded for visitors.... but plenty of nice things for the football fan.

6.  Nederland.......  ok.....MENTAL ERROR on my part.....  love lots about the stadium... needs turf and dressing rooms...but when the stands are packed it is a great venue.

7.  Vidor........... Nice scoreboard....... Did I say nice scoreboard........  "  and they know how to put points on that scoreboard"   field, dressing facilities are very sub-par at best.

8.  Livingston......... nothing needs to be said.... heck I liked just listening to the former announcer at their games......

Ranking 21- 5A:

1.  Texan Drive Stadium ( New Caney ISD)....... Might be the best venue in the Houston Area...... top notch everything......

2.  Turner Stadium ( Humble ISD ) ..........  Great Job a few years ago with the upgrades...... Wish the track was not around the venue so the crowd experience would be better.

3.   Buddy Morehead Stadium ( Conroe )....... Like the set up... wish it was as nice as WoodForrest...but nice venue.

4.   Barbers Hill........  nice atmosphere...... new video board......  Dressing Lacks for visitors...... Parking is better than Crosby or Dayton.......

5.   Crosby.......... all the renovations are great....... Dressing is bad for opponents......  Atmosphere and Video Board  might be the best in the District...... Leaving after a game........an adventure

6.   Dayton........ The Home bleachers that reach to the Stars.........  Parking and Dressing are deal breakers here........ atmosphere has been down the past few years unless you went to the JV games this year....( SORRY I COULDNT RESIST Bronco94)

7.   Splendora........ making an attempt with the turf a such........ will take them some tome to catch up with the bigger players in the district.

40 minutes ago, oldman said:

6.   Dayton........ The Home bleachers that reach to the Stars.........  Parking and Dressing are deal breakers here........ atmosphere has been down the past few years unless you went to the JV games this year....( SORRY I COULDNT RESIST Bronco94)

Dayton has dressing/locker rooms now. Came with the bond...

Oversight regarding Nederland..... now on the list  :) 

Livingston has to be on the list.... it will make several lists of the WORST fields in TEXAS for a school their size ........   Hard to see the game with the light poles in the way////

Just for the sake of making a post... Its hard for me to put the BUTCH at the top... I think atmosphere means a lot in high school football.. I would have it P.N.G.... P.A.M... Nederland.... Vidor.... Lumberton....

I think a full house overcomes parking and bad concessions... I kinda dig the grass fields with the old crown... Kinda nostalgia..... The Butch is nice, but only sees a full house during a playoff game.... Same goes for Stallworth....

2 hours ago, oldman said:

Just trying to generate some discussion.  Love the football discussion , but also enjoy hearing about facilities from these 2 districts and others as well.   I have seen most of the schools in these districts...just wondering if anyone thinks as I do...  please rank based on your experiences...... Good Luck to all teams this 1st round.

Ranking 22-5A:

1.  "The Butch"  ......   Being from a multi - school district they should have a stadium this nice....ashamed they cannot pack it to capacity on a weekly basis.

2.   "The Reservation"  PNG........ Great Atmosphere........  parking is bad.....  otherwise a must visit for the football followers.

3.  "Stallworth"  Baytown........ Great Venue......16,000 capacity makes it way too large for most games...... Only PNG will constantly fill their side to capacity....   Baytown can never come close to filling it.

4.  Port Arthur......... great job on the new upgrades..... nice set up.... never have seen the dressing facitiies , but all else is good.

5.  Lumberton......... new turf is Great........ large stadium..... Dressing could be upgraded for visitors.... but plenty of nice things for the football fan.

6.  Nederland.......  ok.....MENTAL ERROR on my part.....  love lots about the stadium... needs turf and dressing rooms...but when the stands are packed it is a great venue.

7.  Vidor........... Nice scoreboard....... Did I say nice scoreboard........  "  and they know how to put points on that scoreboard"   field, dressing facilities are very sub-par at best.

8.  Livingston......... nothing needs to be said.... heck I liked just listening to the former announcer at their games......

Ranking 21- 5A:

1.  Texan Drive Stadium ( New Caney ISD)....... Might be the best venue in the Houston Area...... top notch everything......

2.  Turner Stadium ( Humble ISD ) ..........  Great Job a few years ago with the upgrades...... Wish the track was not around the venue so the crowd experience would be better.

3.   Buddy Morehead Stadium ( Conroe )....... Like the set up... wish it was as nice as WoodForrest...but nice venue.

4.   Barbers Hill........  nice atmosphere...... new video board......  Dressing Lacks for visitors...... Parking is better than Crosby or Dayton.......

5.   Crosby.......... all the renovations are great....... Dressing is bad for opponents......  Atmosphere and Video Board  might be the best in the District...... Leaving after a game........an adventure

7.   Splendora........ making an attempt with the turf a such........ will take them some tome to catch up with the bigger players in the district.

I think #4 and #5 are backwards...Lumberton's stadium is much nicer than PAM and the parking at PAM and Lumberton are just as bad as the Reservation.  

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

IMO, PAM would be top notch if they could upgrade the restrooms....same restrooms since i was in the first grade in 1981!! other wise, the only stadium besides the butch, that has an actual parking lot and a big one at that, in jefferson and orange county. good turf and VERY NICE VIDEO BOARD

You may have a parking lot, but what good is it when it takes 45 minutes to an hour to get in and out of it?

6 hours ago, Fairclothe For President said:

Just for the sake of making a post... Its hard for me to put the BUTCH at the top... I think atmosphere means a lot in high school football.. I would have it P.N.G.... P.A.M... Nederland.... Vidor.... Lumberton....

I think a full house overcomes parking and bad concessions... I kinda dig the grass fields with the old crown... Kinda nostalgia..... The Butch is nice, but only sees a full house during a playoff game.... Same goes for Stallworth....

...what the heck is atmosphere?  that question  still haven't been answered...  Butch has top notch parking.  top notch Locker rooms, top notch stands, seating, concessions, HUGE scoreboard.  Excellent handicap seating, great bus load up areas, and great vehicle enter/exit access.

And besides, the Butch is packed during the Beaumont Bowl and Soul Bowl series, know your stuff, man!

I'll take all those great  extras over 'atmosphere', whatever that is. 

21 hours ago, oldman said:

Ranking 22-5A:

Ranking 21- 5A:

I'll say parking and getting out is 100x Better this year for Crosby because of the alternate route out through the new high school. 

Also i really feel your being mean to Splendora their stadium isn't very big but it's very very nice. Cozy even if cozy with your dearest 2500 fans all slammed together is cozy. 

I'd edit that to say Small but Cozy great concessions good atmosphere for the most part but THE PARKING IS OKAY!

I heard the locker rooms aren't bad they are just odd.