Stadiums of 22- 5A and 21- 5a

oldman

13 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...what the heck is atmosphere?  that question  still haven't been answered...  Butch has top notch parking.  top notch Locker rooms, top notch stands, seating, concessions, HUGE scoreboard.  Excellent handicap seating, great bus load up areas, and great vehicle enter/exit access.

And besides, the Butch is packed during the Beaumont Bowl and Soul Bowl series, know your stuff, man!

I'll take all those great  extras over 'atmosphere', whatever that is. 

Never been to the Butch so i cannot remark on the amenities but I think it might have an issue that many Stadiums that house different teams have which is that no one owns that stadium. For instance it's an odd quirky experience to go to PNG, it's not to Go to Stallworth, Stallworth's a decent stadium but theres no hometown feel to it. 

Texan Drive somehow gives you that feeling even though it's shared but they work hard to do it they'll strip ever mention of the other school, they have flags that go all the way down the drive, They have an in your face view your extremely close to the action, etc. 

That being said those are extras if you don't have all the amenities then your stadium isn't as good, period. Butch is the best stadium in 22-5a given those amenities but Texan Drive might give you a run for your money because it has all those and still keeps a hometown feel. 

25 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

Never been to the Butch so i cannot remark on the amenities but I think it might have an issue that many Stadiums that house different teams have which is that no one owns that stadium. For instance it's an odd quirky experience to go to PNG, it's not to Go to Stallworth, Stallworth's a decent stadium but theres no hometown feel to it. 

Texan Drive somehow gives you that feeling even though it's shared but they work hard to do it they'll strip ever mention of the other school, they have flags that go all the way down the drive, They have an in your face view your extremely close to the action, etc. 

That being said those are extras if you don't have all the amenities then your stadium isn't as good, period. Butch is the best stadium in 22-5a given those amenities but Texan Drive might give you a run for your money because it has all those and still keeps a hometown feel. 

I agree, you make a good point.

you go into the reservation and you can just feel the town pride and winning tradition. Being an ex high school football player, it gives you chills. And the fact that the stands are full every game.

On the other hand, the Butch is packed two or three games a year. Like you said, nobody owns it. There isn't that school/town pride because several schools play there. 

I can't explain what atmosphere means, all I know is that I walk into the reservation (along with many others), and can just feel it. You walk into the butch, and it's just a really nice venue. Only my opinion though.

3 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

I agree with everything that you said...

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I agree, you make a good point.

you go into the reservation and you can just feel the town pride and winning tradition. Being an ex high school football player, it gives you chills. And the fact that the stands are full every game.

On the other hand, the Butch is packed two or three games a year. Like you said, nobody owns it. There isn't that school/town pride because several schools play there. 

I can't explain what atmosphere means, all I know is that I walk into the reservation (along with many others), and can just feel it. You walk into the butch, and it's just a really nice venue. Only my opinion though.

So the amount of people in the crowd and how compact you are equates to atmosphere?  Maybe it a a one town high school stadium that does it.  

Imo, the action is what brings atmosphere...  the action on the field that is.  An interesting game with great athletes competing in a high level is what does it for me.  all that while being comfortable in your seat with plenty of room and have great parking when you leave.  These are the great things as far as being a fan vs an actual football player on the field...

20 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

So the amount of people in the crowd and how compact you are equates to atmosphere?  Maybe it a a one town high school stadium that does it.  

Imo, the action is what brings atmosphere...  the action on the field that is.  An interesting game with great athletes competing in a high level is what does it for me.  all that while being comfortable in your seat with plenty of room and have great parking when you leave.  These are the great things as far as being a fan vs an actual football player on the field...

Atmosphere to me is the action on the field, but also the interaction of the two fan bases in the seats. When your side is packed and the game is intense, it loses just a little of the excitement if there is no reaction coming from the other side. Vidor, Nederland, PNG you get that with every game regardless if it's a home or away game. 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I agree that it's important to have good quality seating and facilities, but atmosphere comes from the action on the field plus in the stands. Nothing beats a good competitive game in which there's standing room only with everyone on their feet yelling... which is what makes MCM such an awesome game.

45 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I agree that it's important to have good quality seating and facilities, but atmosphere comes from the action on the field plus in the stands. Nothing beats a good competitive game in which there's standing room only with everyone on their feet yelling... which is what makes MCM such an awesome game.

Standing room only unsually denotes a stadium with more fans than seats which is an uncomfortable situation.  I want elbow room.  I want room also if I want to jump up and dance with a big play, but also be close enough to other fans that you can high five them.  

The MCM games simply has a lot of fans.  I guess it's that atmosphere is all fans wearing purple or Gold and clap to fight songs in unison?  

I'll take the interesting game...

46 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

IMO, an on-campus high school football stadium usually gives the fan a better game experience and probably creates more of a home field advantage during the regular season.  

...And on campus stadiums usually have crappy parking and   you have to walk a mile to get to the gates...  

Whereas stadiums off the school campus usually have the best parking as I've noticed with about 3 decades of going to high school games...

13 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...And on campus stadiums usually have crappy parking and   you have to walk a mile to get to the gates...  

Whereas stadiums off the school campus usually have the best parking as I've noticed with about 3 decades of going to high school games...

I agree with the parking issues and walking, and the multi school off campus stadiums are generally always nicer and up to date because they're newer.  No argument about the facility and parking being better.  However, fans of the teams with on campus stadiums are used to their limitations because that's how it's always been.

21 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

I agree with the parking issues and walking, and the multi school off campus stadiums are generally always nicer and up to date because they're newer.  No argument about the facility and parking being better.  However, fans of the teams with on campus stadiums are used to their limitations because that's how it's always been.

I can roll with that...