HJ v. Shepherd

the409

1 hour ago, thedeepball said:

Saw Shepherd scrimmage early on, and I can't believe it's the same team. They are VASTLY improved I am going to take Shepherd 21-17.

I was ready to call the season after watching a couple of scrimmages and practice early on. lol they proved me wrong and they have got better every game. HJ looks scrappy and so are we, I think this will be the best game out of the two districts squaring off. 

2 minutes ago, CMurder75 said:

I was ready to call the season after watching a couple of scrimmages and practice early on. lol they proved me wrong and they have got better every game. HJ looks scrappy and so are we, I think this will be the best game out of the two districts squaring off. 

I agree. 

I didn't get to watch HJ play HF but the score indicates they were more fired up than they were against OF. Hopefully they continue that this week versus a very good Shepherd team. 

I saw that Shepherd jumped out to an early lead against Bellville with help from returning the opening kickoff, but Bellville made adjustments and dominated from then on. 

Tough matchup here. I think district 9 is a pretty tough district top to bottom, and they have prepared each other for post season play. That said, I gotta go with HJ in a tough, tight game. 

HJ 28

Shepherd 24

51 minutes ago, drewlsu said:

I didn't get to watch HJ play HF but the score indicates they were more fired up than they were against OF. Hopefully they continue that this week versus a very good Shepherd team. 

I saw that Shepherd jumped out to an early lead against Bellville with help from returning the opening kickoff, but Bellville made adjustments and dominated from then on. 

Tough matchup here. I think district 9 is a pretty tough district top to bottom, and they have prepared each other for post season play. That said, I gotta go with HJ in a tough, tight game. 

HJ 28

Shepherd 24

Bellville didnt pull away until 7 mins left into the 4th. Shepherd was pretty beat up but the game was closer than the score. The last TD by Bellville was with about a minute or two left in the game.

4 hours ago, setxnative96 said:

Shepherd 28 Hj 17 Shepherd has athletes that will make HJ pay with one step, Hj dont have speed across the board but they do have some and a good coach. I actually hope HJ wins so Liberty can devour them in the 3rd if it works out that way

Liberty barely escaped Shepherd this year. I don't think y'all wanna play them again lol

This is going to be an exciting game in my opinion.  Once again in the age of spread offenses you have two teams who like to run the ball.  

With that said,  I still think this one has the potential to be high scoring....if it is I think that favors Shepherd, if HJ can control Shepherd and according to CMurder Shepherd is beat up; then I think HJ wins in a defensive struggle.

3 hours ago, setxnative96 said:

Liberty definitely was the better ball club though, was up 14-0 early on, had chances to put it away.

No they were not. Liberty got a score off of a kick return. I will say this and you know it. You guys got lucky on the long field goal or your first loss would of of been that night. The best team that shepherd has faced is by far BellVille and I will say it is hey would beat Libery easy. 

12 hours ago, setxnative96 said:

Shepherd 28 Hj 17 Shepherd has athletes that will make HJ pay with one step, Hj dont have speed across the board but they do have some and a good coach. I actually hope HJ wins so Liberty can devour them in the 3rd if it works out that way

yall got an easy matchup in the 1st round, but Lorena is probably a better team than any win on Liberty's schedule, so I wouldn't start looking that far ahead just yet.  and if you beat Lorena, you'll likely get Giddings, not HJ in the 3rd round, which should be all she wrote for the panthers.

56 minutes ago, idk said:

No they were not. Liberty got a score off of a kick return. I will say this and you know it. You guys got lucky on the long field goal or your first loss would of of been that night. The best team that shepherd has faced is by far BellVille and I will say it is hey would beat Libery easy. 

We shall see buddy.

28 minutes ago, setxnative96 said:

Liberty wasnt up 14?? okay. I must not have been at the game. 

Yes they were up by 14. I was saying no they were not the better club. They won so they were the better club that night. But I would take shepherd in two out of three. Liberty is good but you try to make it sound like total domination. If it wasn't for that long field goal you guys loose so yea I stand by what I said. 

31 minutes ago, setxnative96 said:

We shall see buddy.

You will not see this year. Because Liberty would not see BellVille until the fourth round and I don't think Liberty will make it that far. And BellVille will have to get by WOS in the third. So no you won't