Ozen Is Open?

setxguru

9 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

A lot of blame has to be placed on the guy hiring these people(Athletic Director) also they should've kept the first guy they hired anyway would've been a much better fit for Ozen than Suggs he was way too old for this job. Gotta go get a quality coach with a good resume if we want anything to change around Ozen.

I do agree with this part.

BTW, my guy would be Jeff Nelson.  He had Ozen on the right track until Lambert happened...

5 hours ago, JRidge said:

Thank you Jesus, prayers answered!

Ok, besides West Brook who is the other non-district game against?  The reason I ask is because there is a real possibility of a 2-8, 1-9 or even 0-10 season.  The cupboards are pretty thin over there J RIDGE.  The next 2 years in 22-5A will be tough on the kids at least in football. 

From my source, your "Interim" coach due to Suggs leaving so late in the year, will be a former Ozen head coach...

Now all Suggs has to do is figure out how to get Flannigan out at West Brook so the AD can hire him there, completing the trifecta...

2 hours ago, Jag Insider said:

Ok, besides West Brook who is the other non-district game against?  The reason I ask is because there is a real possibility of a 2-8, 1-9 or even 0-10 season.  The cupboards are pretty thin over there J RIDGE.  The next 2 years in 22-5A will be tough on the kids at least in football. 

From my source, your "Interim" coach due to Suggs leaving so late in the year, will be a former Ozen head coach...

Now all Suggs has to do is figure out how to get Flannigan out at West Brook so the AD can hire him there, completing the trifecta...

Sometimes it feels that it's a goal for some to trash this program. My son's were not going to play for Suggs and I'm happy for the other kids that they won't have to play for him either. The question is will they play now since he's gone and it's no because they have already devoted their schedules and future into baseball. I hate that Ozen is short of talent in some areas but some kids will transfer in perhaps or simply have to step their game up. I wish them all the best because this is tough.

1 hour ago, JRidge said:

Sometimes it feels that it's a goal for some to trash this program. My son's were not going to play for Suggs and I'm happy for the other kids that they won't have to play for him either. The question is will they play now since he's gone and it's no because they have already devoted their schedules and future into baseball. I hate that Ozen is short of talent in some areas but some kids will transfer in perhaps or simply have to step their game up. I wish them all the best because this is tough.

... It would be good if your boy changes his mind now.  Lol

19 minutes ago, HIGHpoint96 said:

Why would you want a job in BISD for any reason other than your first head job. Pay... SUCKS, facilities (other than the butch)....SUCK (have you seen west brooks gym it's a 6A with a rubber YMCA floor), Athlete are less abundant in Beaumont than ever before (Ozen 4A enrollment Central 5A enrollment West brook small 6A enrollment PA 5A enrollment only 1 school) those two districts alone had multiple 6A schools that pumped out dudes and multiple 4A 5A schools that went to or won state stop kidding yourself  SETX there arent the same athletes out here as the late 80's -90's just STOP IT this isnt the home of the NFL anymore. Administration is a nightmare and used to be down right criminal. I mean for Christ's sake Foreman almost was lured away by 3A Woodville from a 5A job and 2 straight playoff appearances. No offense Woodville Y'all are doing some great things investing in your facilities and were almost as attractive as a 5A that puts out 5-15 scholarship athletes every year. But seriously I ask you, what coach with an established resume would in his right mind land at BISD unless he was recently fired, taking his first head job, or very desperate. Wake up until you stop blaming the current head coach and blame the people at the top who have been entirely inept at their jobs and even stolen from taxpayers then nothing will get fixed. Fix the facilities like 5A and 6A programs should have pay coaches pay that is on par with other big 5A or 6As and maybe you will be able to attract a 5A / 6A established head coach. If you have facilities like the condemned Durley field at a 6A job and pay your head coach 3A money you will continue to hire guys with 3A 4A resumes. 

By far the DUMBEST, most un-educated post I have EVER seen about BISD...I GUARANTEE you that EVERY small school coach would take West Brook RIGHT NOW if offered in basketball AND Football! Are you kidding me? And MOST would take Ozen too! The only reason most won't take Central is out of FEAR...(I will leave it at that) You mean to tell me NEDERLAND'S facilities are better than BISD? Vidor? Bridge City? LCM? West Orange? HJ? I'm talking basketball and football....NO WAY.

4 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

By far the DUMBEST, most un-educated post I have EVER seen about BISD...I GUARANTEE you that EVERY small school coach would take West Brook RIGHT NOW if offered in basketball AND Football! Are you kidding me? And MOST would take Ozen too! The only reason most won't take Central is out of FEAR...(I will leave it at that) You mean to tell me NEDERLAND'S facilities are better than BISD? Vidor? Bridge City? LCM? West Orange? HJ? I'm talking basketball and football....NO WAY.

I agree with that.  90% of his post was the dumbest mess I've ever read on this sports website.. 

32 minutes ago, HIGHpoint96 said:

Why would you want a job in BISD for any reason other than your first head job. Pay... SUCKS, facilities (other than the butch)....SUCK (have you seen west brooks gym it's a 6A with a rubber YMCA floor), Athlete are less abundant in Beaumont than ever before (Ozen 4A enrollment Central 5A enrollment West brook small 6A enrollment PA 5A enrollment only 1 school) those two districts alone had multiple 6A schools that pumped out dudes and multiple 4A 5A schools that went to or won state stop kidding yourself  SETX there arent the same athletes out here as the late 80's -90's just STOP IT this isnt the home of the NFL anymore. Administration is a nightmare and used to be down right criminal. I mean for Christ's sake Foreman almost was lured away by 3A Woodville from a 5A job and 2 straight playoff appearances. No offense Woodville Y'all are doing some great things investing in your facilities and were almost as attractive as a 5A that puts out 5-15 scholarship athletes every year. But seriously I ask you, what coach with an established resume would in his right mind land at BISD unless he was recently fired, taking his first head job, or very desperate. Wake up until you stop blaming the current head coach and blame the people at the top who have been entirely inept at their jobs and even stolen from taxpayers then nothing will get fixed. Fix the facilities like 5A and 6A programs should have pay coaches pay that is on par with other big 5A or 6As and maybe you will be able to attract a 5A / 6A established head coach. If you have facilities like the condemned Durley field at a 6A job and pay your head coach 3A money you will continue to hire guys with 3A 4A resumes. 

I agree with everything you said except for lack of talent, my graduating class produced 4 players that went to the NFL 3 whom are still playing in the NFL. The talent is there, it's the coaching! But you are right I've been saying it for a while BISD don't pay coaches enough so it'll be hard to hire quality coaches.

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I agree with that.  90% of his post was the dumbest mess I've ever read on this sports website.. 

Just from an administrative perspective ,they have to pay the teachers more to get good quality teachers. The facilities are fine ,and agree there will always be a long list of applicants for coaching at any one of these schools in football and basketball.

High point I agree with a lot that you have stated. The facilities in BISD need to be updated. You wonder why that didn't happen with all that bond money. WB gym is clearly outdated and if you drive by Centrals campus there facilities are embarrassing. They actually practice in a field that is used for a baseball/softball parking lot. All three Head Coaches in Beaumont are the lowest paid in there districts (22-5A) (21-6A). I agree there are not a lot of incentives to becoming a Head Football Coach unless you are building your resume. Also JRidge what does it say for the Ozen Football program that people are on here ranting and raving about losing Coach Nelson who's overall record was 16-28 and never finished better than 4th place in district. It doesn't appear that even Ozen faithful have very high standards for there football program.

4 minutes ago, setxguru said:

High point I agree with a lot that you have stated. The facilities in BISD need to be updated. You wonder why that didn't happen with all that bond money. WB gym is clearly outdated and if you drive by Centrals campus there facilities are embarrassing. They actually practice in a field that is used for a baseball/softball parking lot. All three Head Coaches in Beaumont are the lowest paid in there districts (22-5A) (21-6A). I agree there are not a lot of incentives to becoming a Head Football Coach unless you are building your resume. Also JRidge what does it say for the Ozen Football program that people are on here ranting and raving about losing Coach Nelson who's overall record was 16-28 and never finished better than 4th place in district. It doesn't appear that even Ozen faithful have very high standards for there football program.

"All three Head Coaches in Beaumont are the lowest paid in there districts (22-5A)"

What is Foreman's pay?