*Beaumont Ozen vs. Crosby Updates*/Crosby wins 53-50!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#23 kept Ozen in it. Crosby was up 16 in the 3rd quarter but Ozen started with the full court press and fought back to within 1 point. Proud of Crosby holding it together. Boys from Ozen fought hard as usual. Saveat may be a better Coach than Eggans but just like football this year, Crosby has more horses.

[quote name="uandme08" post="1380190" timestamp="1361933381"]
Hard fought battle for my Panthers, free throws make a difference. Great season boys!
[/quote]

The second half, Crosby was quickly in the double bonus.  Almost half of Ozen's second half points were from free throws.

Ozen's free throws: 14 of 26
Crosby's free throws: 13 of 20

That was a big 3 pointer from the corner hit by Tristan Egans, but Ozen answered with a 3 pointer.

Ozen's, #23 (Jordan Hunter) is a great player who hit a couple of big shots down the stretch, but #15 Demasters Sam was feeling it, however, didn't get many touches the last few minutes of the game.

Great job TJ Stewart and Jakeith Williams! Congrats Cougars!!

Guest BmtTopFlight2017
[quote name="AAU-TxEssence-BH#3" post="1380261" timestamp="1361936877"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=109817.msg1380190#msg1380190 date=1361933381]
Hard fought battle for my Panthers, free throws make a difference. Great season boys!
[/quote]

The second half, Crosby was quickly in the double bonus.  Almost half of Ozen's second half points were from free throws.

Ozen's free throws: 14 of 26
Crosby's free throws: 13 of 20

That was a big 3 pointer from the corner hit by Tristan Egans, but Ozen answered with a 3 pointer.

Ozen's, #23 Joshus Boyd is a great player who hit a couple of big shots down the stretch, but #15 Demasters Sam was feeling it, however, didn't get many touches the last few minutes of the game.

Great job TJ Stewart and Jakeith Williams! Congrats Cougars!!
[/quote]

#23 is Jordan Hunter and that #1 from Crosby amd #10 are the real deal..

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1380282" timestamp="1361938876"]
Hhhhhhmmmmm where's soulja? I wonder what excuse he'll come up with now? I guess its safe to say my prediction was right about 20-4A wasn't it? I've been saying all year that the playoffs would prove everything I've been saying about 20-4A this year....sooooo with that said I rest my case  8)
[/quote] I'm here.  I'm here, Sir.  True, the third round was the demise of 20-4a this year, but could this been seen as a 'double edged sword'? Could it be that Crosby is very good?  They  are district Co-district,t champions, you know.  Could it be that Georgetown is very good?  They took down a talented Central bunch and then took down a good Nederland team (who did beat your panthers may I add).  Georgetown was prepared for a fast pace game vs. Central and a few days later (yesterday), was prepared for a slow down game vs Nederland that ,according to a lot of Nederland fans INCLUDING my Nederland contact, was the best possible matchup for them (they didn't want Central for a 3rd time).  Only time will tell, my fellow Beaumontonian (is that even a word?  Lol).  If Crosby or Georgetown make it to the regional final or the state simi's, then your point WON'T be proven....but at that point, you'll try to say, 'lets see if they can win a state title', right?  8) 8)  So please keep 'your case' restless. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1380412" timestamp="1361974908"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109817.msg1380282#msg1380282 date=1361938876]
Hhhhhhmmmmm where's soulja? I wonder what excuse he'll come up with now? I guess its safe to say my prediction was right about 20-4A wasn't it? I've been saying all year that the playoffs would prove everything I've been saying about 20-4A this year....sooooo with that said I rest my case  8)
[/quote] I'm here.  I'm here, Sir.  True, the third round was the demise of 20-4a this year, but could this been seen as a 'double edged sword'? Could it be that Crosby is very good?  They  are district Co-district,t champions, you know.  Could it be that Georgetown is very good?  They took down a talented Central bunch and then took down a good Nederland team (who did beat your panthers may I add).  Georgetown was prepared for a fast pace game vs. Central and a few days later (yesterday), was prepared for a slow down game vs Nederland that ,according to a lot of Nederland fans INCLUDING my Nederland contact, was the best possible matchup for them (they didn't want Central for a 3rd time).  Only time will tell, my fellow Beaumontonian (is that even a word?  Lol).  If Crosby or Georgetown make it to the regional final or the state simi's, then your point WON'T be proven....but at that point, you'll try to say, 'lets see if they can win a state title', right?  8) 8)  So please keep 'your case' restless.
[/quote]I figured you'd try to come to nederland and Ozen rescue...all yesterday proved is that Nederland and Central weren't that good neither was Ozen and also that Saveat is a terrible coach and in due time BISD will realize it and get Ozen a worthy coach...my predictions were more than correct you called me crazy for criticizing 20-4a and Ozen all year and now who looks like they don't have credibility on this forum? And to say crosby and georgetown are good is blasphemy I'd like to see the results of their next game. I rest my case lol  8)

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1380507" timestamp="1361985479"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=109817.msg1380412#msg1380412 date=1361974908]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109817.msg1380282#msg1380282 date=1361938876]
[/quote]I figured you'd try to come to nederland and Ozen rescue...all yesterday proved is that Nederland and Central weren't that good neither was Ozen and also that Saveat is a terrible coach and in due time BISD will realize it and get Ozen a worthy coach...my predictions were more than correct you called me crazy for criticizing 20-4a and Ozen all year and now who looks like they don't have credibility on this forum? And to say crosby and georgetown are good is blasphemy I'd like to see the results of their next game. I rest my case lol  8)
[/quote]
DANG! Tell him how you really feel! LOL ;D

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1380513" timestamp="1361985687"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109817.msg1380507#msg1380507 date=1361985479]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=109817.msg1380412#msg1380412 date=1361974908]
[/quote]
DANG! Tell him how you really feel! LOL ;D
[/quote]I'm supposed to be the one who don't know a thing about basketball DV  :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder