Silsbee/Yates Venue!

WOSgrad

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1378426" timestamp="1361594312"]
According to AAW (who was there), Yates and Silsbee couldn't agree on a site so they flipped with Yates choosing the Campbell Center in Aldine and Silsbee choosing Johnson Coliseum.  [b]Silsbee won the toss[/b].
[/quote] lol poetic justice.  8)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1378424" timestamp="1361594266"]
Tuesday?
[/quote] Yes    Who every wins will play Friday                                                                                                       

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1378426" timestamp="1361594312"]
According to AAW (who was there), Yates and Silsbee couldn't agree on a site so they flipped with Yates choosing the Campbell Center in Aldine and Silsbee choosing Johnson Coliseum.  Silsbee won the toss.
[/quote]

Hey!!! The Tigers are 1 and 0 against Yates. We won the coin flip!!
Take that Dickie V ;D ;D

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1378445" timestamp="1361595688"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=109733.msg1378426#msg1378426 date=1361594312]
According to AAW (who was there), Yates and Silsbee couldn't agree on a site so they flipped with Yates choosing the Campbell Center in Aldine and Silsbee choosing Johnson Coliseum.  Silsbee won the toss.
[/quote]

Hey!!! The Tigers are 1 and 0 against Yates. We won the coin flip!!
Take that Dickie V ;D ;D
[/quote]
lmao!!!!!!!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1378472" timestamp="1361597410"]
Ill be there live and in person again! Trust me Yayes crowd will be THIN! Its a work night and they dont travel outside of Houston well.
[/quote]

It was a work night last night when they played HJ, and it was out of Houston!!!! ::) ::) ::)

You know all this trouble on deciding on a venue,  players coming over and mouthing to ours,  and even some of the talk on here makes me think that many people want the Tigers to be scared of or intimidated by Yates.  People that isn't going to happen.  We may come out and play bad or play well and be beaten bad but these players an coaches will not be either scared or intimidated. 

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1378505" timestamp="1361604114"]
It does not even matter...They could play at Silsbee Middle School, and Yates would STILL beat that team by 30....OK maybe just 20 at SMS! ;D
[/quote]

Just so I understand you DV, you taking Yates -30?

I'll take Silsbee getting 30, how much you want to wager?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1378509" timestamp="1361605474"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109733.msg1378505#msg1378505 date=1361604114]
It does not even matter...They could play at Silsbee Middle School, and Yates would STILL beat that team by 30....OK maybe just 20 at SMS! ;D
[/quote]

Just so I understand you DV, you taking Yates -30?

I'll take Silsbee getting 30, how much you want to wager?
[/quote]
Naw, not plus 30, because I think honestly Silsbee is a bit tougher than HJ, and would not go down without swinging...It will be at least 20 though, due to Yates' depth, and Silsbee's lack of any real size.

Size is a definite problem,  and depth definately can be.  However, what happens if the Tigers can keep this game close through at least 3 quarters.  If the answer was right,  Yates only used 8 maybe 9 players in that first half against HJ when the game was tight.  If it stays tight until the fourth qtr,  will that be all Wise uses?  If it is that is about the same we will use,  so  in that case will depth still be much of a factor?  I know the odds are heavily against the Tigers and there are many different possibilities where we are on the bottom of a lopsided score,  but there is at least a few possible senarios where the Tigers can have a chance at the end.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1378505" timestamp="1361604114"]
[/quote]
U got a lot of "haterade" running through your veins !!! If Silsbee doesnt get in foul trouble , we win.... No doubt

[quote name="Scatright" post="1378506" timestamp="1361604176"]
Honest question....Is this a game I can attend with my son or do I have to worry about dodging fists and bullets getting to the car?
[/quote]
Just because Yates is a black school doesn't mean they are ghetto thugs. Though none of the basketball players live there, the Third Ward is where most of the students and the school are and is generally thought of in a better light and more classy than the Fifth Ward where Kashmere is from which is straight hood. Essentially, the Third Ward is like the Pear Orchard in Beaumont. A historically black neighborhood but a decent one.
You saw/heard what happened with Kashmere Friday night but that won't happen with Yates because they are different schools/different communities.
Besides, I have a feeling Silsbee fans will be heading to their cars much sooner than the Yates fans so there should be no problems.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• He's steadily improving rapidly. Not that your opinion matters much based on some of the wild projections you've made on this site 
    • Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
  • Topics