Silsbee/Yates Venue!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1378937" timestamp="1361727355"]
I think it is important to give Yates every advantage they can get.  Downgrade them to 3-a so they can win in football.  If that doesnt work, maybe we can make them 3a in basketball and 1-a in football.  THe impact on other schools is irrelevant.  The important thing is to make Yates a winner regardless of the impact on everyone else.  I have a feeling that the swimming program will have to go down to -3a to have a shot though.
[/quote]  lol  :o

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Stevenash" post="1378937" timestamp="1361727355"]
I think it is important to give Yates every advantage they can get.  Downgrade them to 3-a so they can win in football.  If that doesnt work, maybe we can make them 3a in basketball and 1-a in football.  THe impact on other schools is irrelevant.  The important thing is to make Yates a winner regardless of the impact on everyone else.  I have a feeling that the swimming program will have to go down to -3a to have a shot though.
[/quote]

Do not give them any ideas ;D ;D

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1378925" timestamp="1361724265"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=109733.msg1378733#msg1378733 date=1361663748]
IMO Yates, Kashmere, Wheatly, and Milby should combine and may two 5A schools. Kashmere is a wreck and so is Wheatly. All being held together by old boards and love of the community. Could save HISD money to combine.Kashmere does have some very very bad student and I sat with some parents. You see why the kids don't know any better.  I feel bad for them!
[/quote]
First of all IF YOU ARE NOT FROM HOUSTON, and don't REALLY know the city, DONT COMMENT ABOUT IT, as if you do... ::) ::) How would you combine MILBY, WHEATLEY, YATES, AND KASHMERE? :o....There was talk to combine Wheatley and Kashmere a few years ago, but the 5th Ward community did not want that, and they have enough juice in the HISD brass to get what they want.  Milby and Yates should not even be in this discussion about consolidating schools...Yates is only 3A as a FOOTBALL EXPERIMENT so that they can become competitve again in the sport, and try to win a title...It didn't work...They will be 4A again next re-alignment, and honestly should be now..Milby's enrollment has been hurt by Chavez...Combining Milby and Chavez would be smart, but thats never been discussed.....I used to coach at Kashmere, and while there were and still are some knuckleheads there, its not unlike any other inner city school in America...Silsbee has it share of ignorant parents and knucklehead kids, but so does ANY OTHER area school...You have to understand that the Kashmere and Wheatley kids are no longer traditional neighborhood kids anymore...These kids are coming from low income, single and no parent homes for the most part, and it has only gotten WORSE over the last few years...When I coached there, we had MANY really good kids...MANY...and that was in the latter 90's...Wheatley AND Kashmere had kids that took pride in their school and community...Thats no longer there.
[/quote]
I'm sick of hearing anything you have to say !!! When Silsbee beat Yates, u need to delete your profile!!! We're going to destroy u on this thread ...

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1378941" timestamp="1361727946"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109733.msg1378925#msg1378925 date=1361724265]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=109733.msg1378733#msg1378733 date=1361663748]
IMO Yates, Kashmere, Wheatly, and Milby should combine and may two 5A schools. Kashmere is a wreck and so is Wheatly. All being held together by old boards and love of the community. Could save HISD money to combine.Kashmere does have some very very bad student and I sat with some parents. You see why the kids don't know any better.  I feel bad for them!
[/quote]
First of all IF YOU ARE NOT FROM HOUSTON, and don't REALLY know the city, DONT COMMENT ABOUT IT, as if you do... ::) ::) How would you combine MILBY, WHEATLEY, YATES, AND KASHMERE? :o....There was talk to combine Wheatley and Kashmere a few years ago, but the 5th Ward community did not want that, and they have enough juice in the HISD brass to get what they want.  Milby and Yates should not even be in this discussion about consolidating schools...Yates is only 3A as a FOOTBALL EXPERIMENT so that they can become competitve again in the sport, and try to win a title...It didn't work...They will be 4A again next re-alignment, and honestly should be now..Milby's enrollment has been hurt by Chavez...Combining Milby and Chavez would be smart, but thats never been discussed.....I used to coach at Kashmere, and while there were and still are some knuckleheads there, its not unlike any other inner city school in America...Silsbee has it share of ignorant parents and knucklehead kids, but so does ANY OTHER area school...You have to understand that the Kashmere and Wheatley kids are no longer traditional neighborhood kids anymore...These kids are coming from low income, single and no parent homes for the most part, and it has only gotten WORSE over the last few years...When I coached there, we had MANY really good kids...MANY...and that was in the latter 90's...Wheatley AND Kashmere had kids that took pride in their school and community...Thats no longer there.
[/quote]
I'm sick of hearing anything you have to say !!! When Silsbee beat Yates, u need to delete your profile!!! We're going to destroy u on this thread ...
[/quote]

Can I get an "AMEN" ;D ;D

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1378956" timestamp="1361730347"]
No you won't... ::)...just another rabid fan smack talker, that knows NOTHING about this game...I simply stated the facts, and you can't see that. Instead you get angry, and want me off the board? That makes sense... ::)
[/quote]
And your just another rabid fan smack talker that calls himself a coach !! I know the game, obviously u don't !! Get off Yates Dick Vitale

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1378971" timestamp="1361732284"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109733.msg1378964#msg1378964 date=1361731212]
Why I am wasting my time with this country boy... ::)..just accept your teams beating like a man on Tuesday, and get back to your "double wide"! 8)
[/quote]
No double wides in Houston where I stay Elementary Coach !!!
[/quote]
Come on man...Don't turn this into that...Folks get out of the country, move to the city (where I'm from) and get uppity all of a sudden!  8) By the way, though I have much respect for the people that deal with Elementary aged kids, I have never done it on that level...try again... ::) ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1378973" timestamp="1361732554"]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=109733.msg1378971#msg1378971 date=1361732284]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109733.msg1378964#msg1378964 date=1361731212]
Why I am wasting my time with this country boy... ::)..just accept your teams beating like a man on Tuesday, and get back to your "double wide"! 8)
[/quote]
[/quote]
Come on man...Don't turn this into that...Folks get out of the country, move to the city (where I'm from) and get uppity all of a sudden!  8) By the way, though I have much respect for the people that deal with Elementary aged kids, I have never done it on that level...try again... ::) ::)
[/quote]
Lol, my wife is a elementary teacher, I just consider your coaching ability on that level !!!! ;D I'm done, lets be Humble, lol

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1378977" timestamp="1361732810"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109733.msg1378973#msg1378973 date=1361732554]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=109733.msg1378971#msg1378971 date=1361732284]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Lol, my wife is a elementary teacher, I just consider your coaching ability on that level !!!! ;D I'm done, lets be Humble, lol
[/quote]
8) 8)...I got you...But Joe Sigler does not want a piece of my sideline ability, I will tell you that!!  Him NOR Ira!!  ;D ;D...Just messing, those are my guys, man...I truly wish Silsbee luck against Yates, but I will tell you, it will be an UPHILL climb Tuesday night...I know what I would do against them, but Silsbee plays at ONE speed...FAST, and thats the wrong thing to do against them...I think last season Kingwood Park had the right idea, but did not stick to it in the 4th quarter, because they were simply worn down...Thats what they do to you.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1378979" timestamp="1361733210"]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=109733.msg1378977#msg1378977 date=1361732810]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109733.msg1378973#msg1378973 date=1361732554]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
8) 8)...I got you...But Joe Sigler does not want a piece of my sideline ability, I will tell you that!!  Him NOR Ira!!  ;D ;D...Just messing, those are my guys, man...I truly wish Silsbee luck against Yates, but I will tell you, it will be an UPHILL climb Tuesday night...I know what I would do against them, but Silsbee plays at ONE speed...FAST, and thats the wrong thing to do against them...I think last season Kingwood Park had the right idea, but did not stick to it in the 4th quarter, because they were simply worn down...Thats what they do to you.
[/quote]
I was at the Kingwood Park game and that, I would have to agree with you on. That's the only way Silsbee has a chance with Yates. I hope Sigler and Ira has that same mind set on doing that because that stall game they pull against Waco la vega last year cause us the game !!

[quote name="Silsbeealum14" post="1378987" timestamp="1361733686"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109733.msg1378979#msg1378979 date=1361733210]
[quote author=Silsbeealum14 link=topic=109733.msg1378977#msg1378977 date=1361732810]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I was at the Kingwood Park game and that, I would have to agree with you on. That's the only way Silsbee has a chance with Yates. I hope Sigler and Ira has that same mind set on doing that because that stall game they pull against Waco la vega last year cause us the game !!
[/quote]
Well I would not STALL, but I would definitely dictate the tempo....Going up and down against Yates is team suicide! Thats what they DO...I would make Yates defend each possession for about 35-40 seconds get to the basket, shoot layups or draw fouls and get to the line...I would also limit the amount of 3 point attempts I take, because missed threes are fast break starters for them...I would only allow WIDE open 3 point looks once we have run our sets to completion. Defensively I would pressure them and speed them up, and thats what Silsbee does well...They should pressure their guards heavily so that the bigs have problems getting touches...THATS what I would do against them.

Won the conference, looking forward to the conference tournament, and the NCAA tournament...Coming off of back to back to back Elite Eight appearances...Trying to clear that next hurdle and win the big one! ;)...Its amazing...I try to stay in the background, yet somehow am always pulled to the forefront!  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder