Will Central Dominate Their District (Like HJ in the old days)?

BLUEDOVE3

Central won district last year...errr shared district (  ::) ), beat Jack Yates in a scrimmage league game,won district again (?) this year, ranked consistently the whole year in Texas throughout the season.
Is it finally time for the [s]doubters [/s] naysayers to go ahead and finally admit Central is the real deal and a team to measure the bar of success?

Now, if Central doesn't make it to State, will this be considered a failed season among their fans. And if so, why? And if Central is to get to Austin, they gotta eventually get through Nederland.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like some clarification on some you guys answers of "No". Is it to the question in the title of the thread or to the other questions that Dove put in the first post of this thread?

Title question: Will Central dominate district?

Post questions: Is Central the real deal? If they do not make Austin, is it a failed season?

Last I checked, you earn respect by winning, right? Central has won district two years straight, so they have DESERVED the respect, IMO. They are the real deal, and should be the measuring stick for SETX. They will probably win district the next two years, but I suspect they will lose a game or two each year, so they will not dominate 20-4A. I predict at least one of the next two years to be a 'co-championship'.

They should be the favorite to make it to regionals. What happens there is up in the air; anything can happen. As young as they are, failing to reach state would not be considered a failure, IMO. However, many of their fans EXPECT them to win state this year. IF they do, great, but I don't see how people EXPECT a state title from them.

Some people believe anything less than a state championship is a failure. I am not one of them, but everyone has a right to their opinion. Most of these kids will not earn a living in basketball, and that's a simple fact. As long as the kids give it their all, who cares what the naysayers think?! ;)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1373880" timestamp="1360794795"]
Last I checked, you earn respect by winning, right? Central has won district two years straight, so they have DESERVED the respect, IMO. They are the real deal, and [b]should be the measuring stick for SETX[/b].

They should be the favorite to make it to regionals. What happens there is up in the air; anything can happen. As young as they are, failing to reach state would not be considered a failure, IMO. However, many of their fans EXPECT them to win state this year. IF they do, great, but I don't see how people EXPECT a state title from them.

Some people believe anything less than a state championship is a failure. I am not one of them, but everyone has a right to their opinion. Most of these kids will not earn a living in basketball, and that's a simple fact. As long as the kids give it their all, who cares what the naysayers think?! ;)
[/quote]

One question. Why should they be the measuring stick for SETX just based on these last two seasons?

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1373880" timestamp="1360794795"]
Last I checked, you earn respect by winning, right? Central has won district two years straight, so they have DESERVED the respect, IMO. They are the real deal, and should be the measuring stick for SETX. They will probably win district the next two years, but I suspect they will lose a game or two each year, so they will not dominate 20-4A. I predict at least one of the next two years to be a 'co-championship'.

[/quote] Great post.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1373886" timestamp="1360795210"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109280.msg1373880#msg1373880 date=1360794795]
Last I checked, you earn respect by winning, right? Central has won district two years straight, so they have DESERVED the respect, IMO. They are the real deal, and [b]should be the measuring stick for SETX[/b].

[/quote]

One question. [b]Why should they be the measuring stick for SETX just based on these last two seasons?[/b]
[/quote]

What he said.  ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1373886" timestamp="1360795210"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=109280.msg1373880#msg1373880 date=1360794795]

[/quote]

One question. Why should they be the measuring stick for SETX just based on these last two seasons?
[/quote]They are clearly the beat team in the area this year, and they bring 95% of their team back next yr. For at least the next two seasons, they will likely be the best team in SETX, so they will make for a good measuring stick, IMO.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1373915" timestamp="1360802724"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109280.msg1373914#msg1373914 date=1360802554]
I'm going to go a bit further and predict that no team for 20-4A will make it to regionals this year
[/quote]Are you related to DV somehow? h
ow much would you like to bet on that prediction? I wouldn't be surprised if 2 teams make it.
[/quote] :o  ;D

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1373911" timestamp="1360802323"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=109280.msg1373886#msg1373886 date=1360795210]

[/quote]

[/quote]They are clearly the beat team in the area this year, and they bring 95% of their team back next yr. For at least the next two seasons, they will likely be the best team in SETX, so they will make for a good measuring stick, IMO.
[/quote]

With the results of several games this year by the better teams in the area,  I am not sure there is a clear best team in the area...too many A beat B, B beat C, A beat C or bad losses at times all of these teams.

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1373947" timestamp="1360805383"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=109280.msg1373927#msg1373927 date=1360803707]
Ozensfinest is overly bitter.  Dude, let it go.  It's a bad look for you.
[/quote]bitter about what Soulja? I'm just realistic 20-4A is just a WEAK district Central MAY make it but coaching will probably end of getting them in the end.
[/quote]
Yeah your bitter. Bitter that your team got beat by Ned and central. Bitter that Ozen isn't paying the refs enough to buy a dc. Yeah your definitely bitter. Just like little old Dickie.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1373958" timestamp="1360805992"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109280.msg1373947#msg1373947 date=1360805383]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=109280.msg1373927#msg1373927 date=1360803707]
[/quote]bitter about what Soulja? I'm just realistic 20-4A is just a WEAK district Central MAY make it but coaching will probably end of getting them in the end.
[/quote]
Yeah your bitter. Bitter that your team got beat by Ned and central. Bitter that Ozen isn't paying the refs enough to buy a dc. Yeah your definitely bitter. Just like little old Dickie.
[/quote]Didn't Ozen beat central and nederland this year? So why would I be bitter about that? And are you insinuating that Ozen used to buy DC championships in the past? Its not bitter its called being a REALIST...I make a prediction and I'm bitter WOW you do know my prediction included Ozen right?

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="1373963" timestamp="1360806327"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=109280.msg1373958#msg1373958 date=1360805992]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=109280.msg1373947#msg1373947 date=1360805383]
[/quote]
[/quote]Didn't Ozen beat central and nederland this year? So why would I be bitter about that? And are you insinuating that Ozen used to buy DC championships in the past? Its not bitter its called being a REALIST...I make a prediction and I'm bitter WOW you do know my prediction included Ozen right?
[/quote]
Realist = homer

8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder