Silsbee 77 HJ 58 Final/Friday

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silsbee showed they are still a force to be reckoned with in this district. Great win Tigers!

There were 4 things that stood out in this game:

1. Free throws, Silsbee made'em, HJ didn't, nuff said.

2. Ryan Donahoe was shut down. Silsbee put William Harper, the Tiger's all everything quarterback, on him and William shut him down. I think Ryan may have had 8 points, but not much more.

3. Big Ahmad Jones had an excellant game inside. He had a double-double and defended very well inside. The Tiger's all-state offensive lineman really used his big frame well down under.

4. The officiating was terrible. Both sides got their share of the bad calls and no calls. I will admit the rough style may have benefitted Silsbee's game more than HJ's.

I wasn't too impressed with the Hawks. IMO, they are a bit overrated. I'm not sure they are deserving of a #4 ranking.

what a great atmosphere for a district game. I really didnt expect to see HJ go down but knew they could. Hats off to silsbee! It would be crazy if there was a three way tie for district. From the way it looks, 21-3a will be well represented in playoffs. I cant wait to see how the year wraps up. Congrats to silsbee again!

what a great atmosphere for a district game. I really didnt expect to see HJ go down but knew they could. Hats off to silsbee! It would be crazy if there was a three way tie for district. From the way it looks, 21-3a will be well represented in playoffs. I cant wait to see how the year wraps up. Congrats to silsbee again!

It was a great atmosphere!  I loved how the HJ fans supported their team.  Great crowd on both sides of the court.

What always puzzles me is that all of the people would do all of these things and criticize how the current coaches do their job, but THEY DON'T COACH!!!  All teams have their ups and downs.  Give them a break...they are HIGH SCHOOL KIDS!!!  Now, when you start paying their high $$$ salaries, you will have earned the right to respond as you respond. ::)

hats off to the silsbee tigers a great game. Hj is no doubt on the decline. Coach Sutherland is to scared to sit donahoe, burrell, and benard when they are turning it over. Instead he takes it out on his other players Donahoe no doubt led HJ with turnovers. and whats up with Durley? WEAK!!!!

WEAK! i beleve he will stomp on you....we lost 3 games....not on a decline...and you need to coach alone cus until you coach you dont know you got to go through so just drop it!

I guess I missed the post, but it looked like Sutherland was getting bashed?  I worked with Todd for several years.  He is a stand up guy with high standards and morals.  If he only cared about winning he would have never left Kountze, he knew what was there.  It doesn't pain me to see Silsbee trounce HJ however. ;)

Guest moonlight

i agree with sunshine the hj coach is too scared to take out his star players when they are doing bad, he needs to let the guys off the bench go in and try to see if they can help out the team, if this keeps up hj will not have a chance to go deep in the playoffs or even make the playoffs.

What an upset to hj. They are a better team than Silsbee. When a team gets down and can't pull out of the slump you have to mix up your players and get some help in there. When a player is having a bad game get him out of there. When a player is doing good keep him in there. What is so hard about that. How demoralizing to let your starters sit the bench and let the rest of the bench warmers go out on the court to take the loss. Let the starters stay out on the court and be embarrassed. They are the ones who lost the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder