CENTRAL WILL HAVE A NEW COACH IN LESS THEN 7 DAYS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't disagree with any statements on here, but the one thing I havent seen mentioned on here is Caring for the
Kids. Having a genuine interest in the development of Men. You can have all the credentials, skins on the wall etc.
you want, but if you don't care about anything but your won/loss record it will show. The new Coach needs to develop a program & will need a little time get it done. Central is no way in a position for anyone to feel sorry for them. There
is an abundance of talent there, so the turnaround shouldnt take long if the Coach instills discipline. JMO

[quote name="Batman" post="1374042" timestamp="1360817833"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=109097.msg1373845#msg1373845 date=1360790304]
Where is SoulJa in all this? Did he apply for the job?
[/quote]

He's [s]reading[/s] emailing, just not commenting.
[/quote] fify  :P

I initially said I could live with Brown as the selection and if that's who it is then so be it but I'm starting to think with his hire it would just be for his name.  I remember watching his famous play against Nebraska but does that mean he is the right man for the job?  If he had his choice he'd prefer to have the West Brook job.  Suggs and Stowers aren't coming back and there is nobody on the current staff I feel is worthy of it.

Ok Soulja, stop all the emailing and let us know when they are going to make this decision.  Is it tomorrow night because those 7 days are almost up?

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1374045" timestamp="1360818068"]
So any word on who it is?? Bg?? Heard anything??
[/quote]havent heard anything from anyone on the off-season matters of BISD. they are quiet bout things this year (and im not only talking bout Central ;))

[quote name="Batman" post="1374042" timestamp="1360817833"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=109097.msg1373845#msg1373845 date=1360790304]
[/quote]

He's reading, just not commenting.
[/quote] Yes, I'm reading.  They don't want me to run things.  Lol

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1374044" timestamp="1360817914"]
[quote author=Batman link=topic=109097.msg1374042#msg1374042 date=1360817833]
[/quote]

He's [s]reading[/s] emailing, just not commenting.
[/quote] fify  :P
[/quote] Nope.  Done emailing for a while.  The initial job was  done.... 8)

Playactionpass,

If high school kids only play to get to the next level, what happens to the 98% of the team that doesn't make it? If you think those kids are only out there to go play in college, you are nuts.  Those kids play to win games at the 4A high school level.  A coach with no credentials, but with college connections, will not help them win at the 4A level.  If they hire Brown, it will simply be a brother in law type deal and Central will continue to flop around in mediocrity.  The need to hire a credentialed high school coach, not a college position coach with "connections". 

[quote name="Scatright" post="1374065" timestamp="1360847172"]
Playactionpass,

If high school kids only play to get to the next level, what happens to the 98% of the team that doesn't make it? If you think those kids are only out there to go play in college, you are nuts.  Those kids play to win games at the 4A high school level.  A coach with no credentials, but with college connections, will not help them win at the 4A level.  If they hire Brown, it will simply be a brother in law type deal and Central will continue to flop around in mediocrity.  The need to hire a credentialed high school coach, not a college position coach with "connections".
[/quote]
Scat, Scoop, Squat - whatever!  I seldom (in fact I think this is the first time) agree with
you on ANY subject.  But, I do on this subject.  The brother-in-law connection (and in some cases, the nephew connecton) is too prevalent in the BISD - and it has been for a few years now.  To fix the alleged head
coaching problems in BISD, a look one level above will be necessary.  Now that Uncle Thomas is gone maybe that is a possibility. 8)

Coach Scott is doing a great job with the off season, the kids are already faster and bigger and remember they just need there new offense and defense they do have 9 back on defense and 7 on offense but they have time some of them or having fun hooping at this time so we have a few weeks, its JAG time and note the other schools talk about the freshman class Central freshman won district in the 8th grade so watch  when they get a coach this year they had a basketball coach, coahing 9th grade football and he left when basketball started so 20-4a HELLO

[quote name="MSU COWBOY 96" post="1375722" timestamp="1361281968"]
It has been longer than 7 days anyone have any news or heard anything???
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.  I guess the question should be when is the next board meeting scheduled for since that is when they'll name the next coach?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder