CENTRAL WILL HAVE A NEW COACH IN LESS THEN 7 DAYS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1372073" timestamp="1360441710"]
[quote author=Scatright link=topic=109097.msg1372027#msg1372027 date=1360430757]
Wait, I didn't see where Toby applied for the Central job.  Did I overlook that?
[/quote]

He didn't.
[/quote]

I didn't think so.  That job probably isn't a good fit for him.

If it is Brown I don't get it. What does he bring other than name recongition? He is a nice guy and was a good quarterback back when Bill Clinton was in his first term. So what? 5 years ago he was selling real estate and he is not a certified teacher in the state of Texas.
Central needs someone who can match wits with Larry Neumann and Brown is not the guy.
There are a couple of coaches on that list that I feel like Central will be regretting not hiring a few years down the line-- Graham and Goodwin.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1372172" timestamp="1360455404"]
If it is Brown I don't get it. What does he bring other than name recongition? He is a nice guy and was a good quarterback back when Bill Clinton was in his first term. So what? 5 years ago he was selling real estate and he is not a certified teacher in the state of Texas.
Central needs someone who can match wits with Larry Neumann and Brown is not the guy.
There are a couple of coaches on that list that I feel like Central will be regretting not hiring a few years down the line-- Graham and Goodwin.
[/quote]
I agree. Graham is my classmate and good friend. My only concern  is that we have a lot of classmates who's kids r now playing. Marcus is the type to handle that very well though. Very driven and focused!

[quote name="MSU COWBOY 96" post="1373063" timestamp="1360696915"]
Foreman will do a great job at Central, if he has the opportunity & support to do the job right. Beaumont area will have to watch out for Central in the coming years with him at the helm.
[/quote]

Your statement makes it sound like he has gotten the job.  Do you know something that the rest of us don't?

I really think some of you are missing the point on what is best for Cental. Central kids need somebody with skins on the wall. They need somebody that has instant credibility when they walk in the door. This hire is not about X's and O's. This hire is about gettin the guy in the door that is going to be able to get the athletes to play to their potential and buy into the system. James Brown is THE guy. He will hire great coordinators that can coach the coaches and put the kids in a position to be successful.

Scatright, you are not serious are you? Do you have any idea what kids are looking for in a coach?Kids, especially ones at Central, are not concerned with what the coach has done in 4A football. Brown can talk to kids about what it takes to play at the next level. He knows from experience as a player and a coach. Kids want to know that the coach is preparing them for the next level. That the coach is going to have the contacts with college coaches to get them scholarships. These are the things that give Brown the credibility to get the kids to participate and to "buy in" to his program. With the kids "bought in" the sky is the limit at Central. If the desire and participation is there, the talent will take over. If they hire Brown, they will win and win big quickly.

I agree that a player wants a coach that they can identify with and play for, but  high school football is not college ball, you are not recruiting athletes with a certain set of skill level (magnet program = recruiting lol) to fit your system but their potential has already been identified so all u have to do is refine there skills and build on their knowledge of the game. Unlike high school football you are taking a player an developing skills and molding raw potential, so a kid is polished to a degree by the time he gets to college. As for having contacts to college coaches if you have been an OC / DC / or HC you have extensive contacts in college. College coaches jobs is to recruit year round and frequent schools in there recruiting area, so just because the coach didn't play at Texas or NFL Europe does not mean they do not have college recruiters on speed dial.

Brown is not the guy! He's not ready! JMO Just because you played at a high level does not make you a good coach. But like I said in an earlier post. He was told last May by Lambert that she wanted him to be the next coach. And when she wants something and gets her way, that makes me nervous! She's the reason Stowers left. You can't have administration trying to run a program! Let the coach hire his staff and run his program!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder